PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908
Re: BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014/2015|GENERIC|XDA_UC|10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahfu View Post
where is the XDA_UC program located? i noticed the shortcut in v13 doesnt work.
You need to read this post below.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=351

Download XDA_UC from there, put it in your SD card, then click on XDA_UC icon.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
well so far ur roms are the only ones that can stand up to the abuse i put to em.And if i ever really get myself stuck i just hard-reset or reflash.I might try the new manilla 2015 but if u say it isnt quite ready then i might just wait for V14 because V13 seems to be working excellent for me.The only thing ive noticed is a little less memory after a cpl hours of use than the previous roms like V11 and V12,but it only negligable.The device still operates great so it doesnt bother me.V13 seems to hav all the kinks worked out the center dialer button is now perfect,the ##codes# work,the task mngr functions great,all the icons are almost flawless,and the rom runs really well when being pushed.Its very stable,fast,and as always the slider is impeccable.I really dont see why this rom isnt as poular as Mightys or Energys.Because ive used both roms before and in my opinion this rom,any version from about V5-V13, beats them both hands down.Cant wait for V14 now that i know your going to base it off the 2015 manila version.If 2015 is fully functional.
New CHT does eat a lot of RAM. Less customized CHT, then less usage of RAM I think. But I havent tried it yet...
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

im sorry for a noob question, but when you say the face book tab is not working does that mean it wont connect your facebook account to your contacts?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: .-~~-.BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014|GENERIC|XDA_UC| 10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK|FASTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
I tried including it manually, and the menu worked just fine. But that was a few weeks ago! I will try it again and see whats going...

Havent tried that GPS tab yet. I heard its a memory hog! How does it perform?
It does use a bit of mem but it's by no means a hog imho. I was runnin it on v12 and it was still solid! The GPS tab is sweet, very handy tool if you're into GPS related things.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraze View Post
im sorry for a noob question, but when you say the face book tab is not working does that mean it wont connect your facebook account to your contacts?
no it means the soft button on the facebook tab does nothing! the tab itself works fine, the menu is only useful for launching the facebook app, fb website and whatever else I can't remember, so no big loss.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: .-~~-.BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014|GENERIC|XDA_UC| 10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK|FASTTTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
It does use a bit of mem but it's by no means a hog imho. I was runnin it on v12 and it was still solid! The GPS tab is sweet, very handy tool if you're into GPS related things.
Thanks bro. Will check that out...
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813

i just got done trying to download version 13 on several different browsers and it will go to the dl link but when the countdown has completed it won't bring up the file for download. It just says that it timed out and it never seems to work for me. Could you possibly add a mirror or two for the file please? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

oh and that was for the ver 13 blck

Last edited by scott8813; 06-15-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
i just got done trying to download version 13 on several different browsers and it will go to the dl link but when the countdown has completed it won't bring up the file for download. It just says that it timed out and it never seems to work for me. Could you possibly add a mirror or two for the file please? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Will get you a mirror soon...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
i downloaded the V13 CHT rom first day,which is the rom version i prefer,on the day it was released and then also downloaded V13 BLK rom version both without a problem the same day.Is your computer set to time out,or could a setting maybe hav been changed or altered by accident.I know that sounds stupid but the only computer i have at the moment is an Acer Aspire One Netbook with Window XP Service Pack 3 with all updates and i swear that sometimes it alters its own settings,like last week all of a sudden i turn on the thing and all my screen setting are changed to %75.I went and changed it back to %100 and its been fine but every few months there is a new change or alteration i didnt remember making.The only difference in downloading i thought i noticed was that the free downloads now take 90 seconds where i thought before they started in 30 or 45 or 60 seconds or something less than 90. but it could have been the same 90 seconds before as well, but i thought it was less.It could also be the server could be down for the time being or maybe experiencing to much usage at the moment. I really dont know.Id try back in a cpl hours. Ive been using V13 CHT since the day it dropped and ive only ever had it freeze up on me once and i had to perform a soft re-set,but when that happend i had about 6-9 programs open and switchin back and forth between them occasionally,sending and recieving texts,and sending and recieving phone calls too.And the device didnt freeze up un til i was all finished workin and went to End All Programs in the mm task manager,but as soon as i hit hit the End All Processes the device froze up.but after a soft re-set everything was back to normal and runnin smoothly. and thats the only issue/problem ive experienced yet on the V13 CHT rom and thats also with 15 cabs installed.about 10 of the cabs are just simple visual customizations like T-Mobiles transparent flip clock,custom transparent metallic blue slider icons,Ruppy Super Arcade(& its a big cab at about 20mb,its the only cab i install to my sdcard),and HdSpeedo(good GPS based speedometer),no curtains 2.5 manilla,and others.and V13 handles the extra load extremely well and is still very stable and very fast.
I do hav a switch a cpl questions tho. After i do a soft reset or run CleanRam level 3 the GPS locator on my device turns back to "911 only" setting and i have to manually rest it back to the "On" setting before i can use my GPS.Now this isnt really a problem but if i want to use CleanRam level 3 its kind of an annoyance.Is there a way to add whatever that setting is to the exceptions list in CleanRam. like i used to do to set the older CleanRam versions settings to exlude manilla.exe so it would work with Sense 2.5.I dont know what to exclude in CleanRam,if anything will work,to make me not have to manually switch GPS back to the "On" setting after running level 3.If anyone kows how to do this please let me know.Is there a way to exclude the dialer,i think that might be when it shuts off.So now i run level 2 every hour because i really use my TP2 pretty hard sometimes and i like to use level 3 every 3 hours.It seems to work better for me that way. Sorry for straying off topic from the original post question.Just thought about a few things of my own.Thanks for any info,and again V13 is solid.Best rom so far and that says alot because all ur roms always seem to set the bar compared to any and all other roms and the only rom that even compares is a cpl Maxsense roms,but they still need some work i think before ill even consider a switch.It feels too much like SPB shell and WM and very little Android to me and doesnt seem to be worth the switch yet and havin to learn the the new ui.I still like CHT 1.8 with WM 6.5.X and a very clean,custimized look.Which is exaclty what ur roms are.So im gona stick with ur roms and maybe wen/if u cook up a Maxsense then ill giv it a shot.but until then im happy with what uve already got.Cant thank u enuf.Before i found ur rom i was kinda disapponted with my TP2,mainly because at first i wanted NRGs rom and its data just wouldnt function on Cricket like it did with my previous,all Sprint branded,HTC devices;Diamond,and 2 Touch Pro's.and i had different NRG roms on each one.but when i get my TP2 for myself for christmas all of a sudden none of NRGs TP2 roms had a workin data connection.No matter what i did.So thanks again.I actually prefer ur rom now over NRGs anyday,dont suppose u have any CDMA T.Pro roms u cooked.Id really like to get one of those to install on my Touch Pro,previous device,which still has a functioning EVDO data connection thru Cricket even tho its not activated.Use that one for GPS when driving and my data connection on my TP2 still works at the same time and at the same speed as usual wen i use my TP for free GPS.Its pretty nice havin free data on a disconnected device.One good thing about cricket i guess.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Google N1
Carrier: AT&T

jug6ernaut is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
6 i downloaded ...
holy jesus man, u expect ppl to read much less comprehend that?

please short and concise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development