View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Wesley762
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014/2015|GENERIC|XDA_UC|10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I cleaned it up for you, still don't know if anyone is going to read it though,

I downloaded the V13 CHT rom first day, which is the rom version I prefer. on the day it was released and then also downloaded V13 BLK rom version both without a problem the same day. Is your computer set to time out, or could a setting maybe have been changed or altered by accident?

I know that sounds stupid but the only computer I have at the moment is an Acer Aspire One Netbook with Window XP Service Pack 3 with all updates and I swear that sometimes it alters its own settings, like last week all of a sudden I turn on the thing and all my screen setting are changed to %75. I went and changed it back to 100% and its been fine but every few months there is a new change or alteration I didn’t remember making. The only difference in downloading I thought I noticed was that the free downloads now take 90 seconds where i thought before they started in 30 or 45 or 60 seconds or something less than 90.

But it could have been the same 90 seconds before as well, but I thought it was less. It could also be the server could be down for the time being or maybe experiencing too much usage at the moment. I really don’t know. I would try back in a couple hours.

I’ve been using V13 CHT since the day it dropped and I have only ever had it freeze up on me once and I had to perform a soft re-set, but when that happened I had about 6-9 programs open and switching back and forth between them occasionally, sending and receiving texts, and sending and receiving phone calls too. And the device didn’t freeze up un till I was all finished working and went to End All Programs in the mm task manager. But as soon as I hit the End All Processes the device froze up. But after a soft re-set everything was back to normal and running smoothly. and that’s the only issue/problem I have experienced yet on the V13 CHT rom and that’s also with 15 cabs installed.

about 10 of the cabs are just simple visual customizations like T-Mobiles transparent flip clock, clock transparent metallic blue slider icons, Ruppy Super Arcade(& it’s a big cab at about 20mb,its the only cab I install to my sdcard),and HdSpeedo (good GPS based speedometer),no curtains 2.5 manila, and others. and V13 handles the extra load extremely well and is still very stable and very fast.

I do have a switch a couple questions though, After I do a soft reset or run CleanRam level 3 the GPS locator on my device turns back to "911 only" setting and I have to manually rest it back to the "On" setting before I can use my GPS. Now this isn’t really a problem but if I want to use CleanRam level 3 it’s kind of an annoyance. Is there a way to add whatever that setting is to the exceptions list in CleanRam. like I used to do to set the older CleanRam versions settings to exclude manilla.exe so it would work with Sense 2.5. I don’t know what to exclude in CleanRam, if anything will work, to make me not have to manually switch GPS back to the "On" setting after running level 3. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

Is there a way to exclude the dialer? I think that might be when it shuts off. So now I run level 2 every hour because I really use my TP2 pretty hard sometimes and i like to use level 3 every 3 hours. It seems to work better for me that way. Sorry for straying off topic from the original post question. Just thought about a few things of my own.

Thanks for any info, and again V13 is solid. Best rom so far and that says a lot because all your rom’s always seem to set the bar compared to any and all other rom’s and the only rom that even compares is a couple of Maxsense rom’s, but they still need some work I think before ill even consider a switch. It feels too much like SPB shell and WM and very little Android to me and doesn’t seem to be worth the switch yet and having to learn the new ui.
I still like CHT 1.8 with WM 6.5.X and a very clean, customized look, Which is exactly what your roms are. So I’m going to stick with your rom’s and maybe when/if u cook up a Maxsense then ill give it a shot. but until then I’m happy with what you’ve already got.

Can’t thank u enough. Before I found your rom I was kind of disappointed with my TP2,mainly because at first I wanted NRGs rom and its data just wouldn’t function on Cricket like it did with my previous. all Sprint branded, HTC devices; Diamond, and 2 Touch Pro's. and I had different NRG rom’s on each one. but when I get my TP2 for myself for Christmas all of a sudden none of NRGs TP2 rom’s had a working data connection. No matter what I did? So thanks again.

I actually prefer your rom now over NRGs anyday, don’t suppose u have any CDMA T.Pro rom’s u cooked .I’d really like to get one of those to install on my Touch Pro, previous device, which still has a functioning EVDO data connection thru Cricket even though its not activated. Use that one for GPS when driving and my data connection on my TP2 still works at the same time and at the same speed as usual when I use my TP for free GPS. It’s pretty nice having free data on a disconnected device. One good thing about cricket I guess.

This post has been thanked 1 times.