PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
First of all I will apologize if this was already covered but I did search the thread and found nothing. I have a question about the People screen. I am trying to add a contact more than once and no go. My wife has 4 numbers, 2 cell, home and work. I add her and pick cell and that's fine. I goto add her again for work and it is there but the first one disappears.

The original rom had the fav in a flip rolodex that had buttons on the bottom for cell, home, text and email. I like the new people screen but not being able to add someone for their different numbers seems like a step back. Funny when I do add someone it does ask me which number I want that link to use but will only allow one contact on the page.

Is there a way around this???

Thanks

Paul
Paul, What I do is when I add a contact person, when it brings up the number selection screen, I just choose the very top one which says "Vew Contact Card". Then, when you tap on the screen to dial their number, it will bring up the list of numbers associated with that contact, then I tap on the number I want to call. This only requires one more tap than having the direct dial number for each person. I do this for almost all of my contacts who have multiple numbers.

Along this same line, I have renamed my first name as OWNER in my contacts list, then I use the very first quick launch shortcut and place myself in it. That way, if I lose the phone, and some honest person finds it, they can just tap on the Owner icon with my picture on it and it brings up all of my contact information so hopefully I can get my Touch Pro2 back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (89.8 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GaryMcQ; 03-27-2010 at 10:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

brnail is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
First of all I will apologize if this was already covered but I did search the thread and found nothing. I have a question about the People screen. I am trying to add a contact more than once and no go. My wife has 4 numbers, 2 cell, home and work. I add her and pick cell and that's fine. I goto add her again for work and it is there but the first one disappears.

The original rom had the fav in a flip rolodex that had buttons on the bottom for cell, home, text and email. I like the new people screen but not being able to add someone for their different numbers seems like a step back. Funny when I do add someone it does ask me which number I want that link to use but will only allow one contact on the page.

Is there a way around this???

Thanks

Paul
Try this..... Instead of tapping on the face of the person, tap on their name. This will bring up all the numbers for that contact. Tapping on the face dials the primary number you selected. This works better for me than what you are suggesting that you want to do with two contacts for the same person.

Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
Paul, What I do is when I add a contact person, when it brings up the number selection screen, I just choose the very top one which says "Vew Contact Card". Then, when you tap on the screen to dial their number, it will bring up the list of numbers associated with that contact, then I tap on the number I want to call. This only requires one more tap than having the direct dial number for each person. I do this for almost all of my contacts who have multiple numbers.

Along this same line, I have renamed my first name as OWNER in my contacts list, then I use the very first quick launch shortcut and place myself in it. That way, if I lose the phone, and some honest person finds it, they can just tap on the Owner icon with my picture on it and it brings up all of my contact information so hopefully I can get my Touch Pro2 back.
That's a great idea Gary, never thought of that (using the contact card) I'm gonna have to go and start changing all my contact. Thanks much for the idea!! But as far as putting my picture on my phone I don't think that's a good idea. You see, if a female was to find it and see me in all my studliness, they would start to stalk me and annoy my wife, and if a guy found it and saw the hacksaw mods I've performed so gracefully, I'm afraid they would stalk me and try to steal my ideas!!! Actually they're both great ideas, thanks hit!!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
That's a great idea Gary, never thought of that (using the contact card) I'm gonna have to go and start changing all my contact. Thanks much for the idea!! But as far as putting my picture on my phone I don't think that's a good idea. You see, if a female was to find it and see me in all my studliness, they would start to stalk me and annoy my wife, and if a guy found it and saw the hacksaw mods I've performed so gracefully, I'm afraid they would stalk me and try to steal my ideas!!! Actually they're both great ideas, thanks hit!!
Great point! Actually, I've never thought about the danger of a pretty woman out there finding my phone, getting all of my contact info and coming after me.
My wife has a Tilt2 and I suggested that she do the same, but being a female, she wasn't any too hip in putting her picture and all of her info on the home page, but since all of that info is in the phone anyway, I couldn't see her point. BUT as you can probably guess, we DIDN'T do it on her phone!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnail View Post
Try this..... Instead of tapping on the face of the person, tap on their name. This will bring up all the numbers for that contact. Tapping on the face dials the primary number you selected. This works better for me than what you are suggesting that you want to do with two contacts for the same person.

Hope this helps.
Here I thought I had a great idea, and simply by posting it, I learn another way! Actually, I think I like your way better than what I suggested. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] [03-03-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
I am lovin' this rom - great work! But, I am noticing something that is true for the last build and this for me - my GPS even after running Quick GPS - takes several attempts to lock with Google Maps even after checking Use GPS in Google menu. On other roms - I lock instantly on Google 4 so don't know why - not enough to bother me but just thought I would make it known - using Sprint in Brooklyn, NY. All else I see tremendous smoothness and speed. Thanks again.

Gary
Did you ever figure this out? I am finding the same problem in all GPS software, including Igo8. I have had problems getting a lock for 20+ minutes at a time.

Also has anyone figured out how to get Igo8 TTS to work with this rom?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Re: [ROM] [03-03-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
I am lovin' this rom - great work! But, I am noticing something that is true for the last build and this for me - my GPS even after running Quick GPS - takes several attempts to lock with Google Maps even after checking Use GPS in Google menu. On other roms - I lock instantly on Google 4 so don't know why - not enough to bother me but just thought I would make it known - using Sprint in Brooklyn, NY. All else I see tremendous smoothness and speed. Thanks again.

Gary
Sprint Telenav works flawlessly, for me. No hesitation.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
Actually, it will find any .nbh file that is in root of your SDcard. It can also rename it. What I do is keep each .nbh file in it's respective folder. You don't need any of the other files from the ROM so, you can delete them all. When I want to flash one, I move it to root/run the app/click menu/Find ROMs/choose the file/click menu/settings/set NBH File Name to HTC Touch Pro 2/tick box for Enter Bootloader Mode/tap Back/menu/Flash. When it's all done, I stick the .nbh back in it's folder.
you just posted same thing almost, i dont use folders but you can only have one file named RHODIMG.nbh. you just move the file while i just rename it. its the same with the 2 radios i keep on card. i never said it wont find any nbh but it doesnt try to flash a file called juggs.nbh.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

the gps issue user, try this. install to mainmem and softreset. go outside to try gps please.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 04-02-2010 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you just posted same thing almost, i dont use folders but you can only have one file named RHODIMG.nbh. you just move the file while i just rename it. its the same with the 2 radios i keep on card. i never said it wont find any nbh but it doesnt try to flash a file called juggs.nbh.
The one I have does. If it is named juggs.nbh, it will find it and rename it to RHODIMG.nbh. Maybe we have different apps? The one I have is explained fully here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development