View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
GaryMcQ
PPCGeeks Regular

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
First of all I will apologize if this was already covered but I did search the thread and found nothing. I have a question about the People screen. I am trying to add a contact more than once and no go. My wife has 4 numbers, 2 cell, home and work. I add her and pick cell and that's fine. I goto add her again for work and it is there but the first one disappears.

The original rom had the fav in a flip rolodex that had buttons on the bottom for cell, home, text and email. I like the new people screen but not being able to add someone for their different numbers seems like a step back. Funny when I do add someone it does ask me which number I want that link to use but will only allow one contact on the page.

Is there a way around this???

Thanks

Paul
Paul, What I do is when I add a contact person, when it brings up the number selection screen, I just choose the very top one which says "Vew Contact Card". Then, when you tap on the screen to dial their number, it will bring up the list of numbers associated with that contact, then I tap on the number I want to call. This only requires one more tap than having the direct dial number for each person. I do this for almost all of my contacts who have multiple numbers.

Along this same line, I have renamed my first name as OWNER in my contacts list, then I use the very first quick launch shortcut and place myself in it. That way, if I lose the phone, and some honest person finds it, they can just tap on the Owner icon with my picture on it and it brings up all of my contact information so hopefully I can get my Touch Pro2 back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (89.8 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by GaryMcQ; 03-27-2010 at 10:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.