PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-05-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

its verizon and ive had it since the day they released it i have an insurance plan but if i can get a battery for under 50 i really dont see why i would pay them 50 to replace the phone. also everytime ive used my inusrance on verizon they make me keep my original battery they just send a new device so i dont think that would help.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Mael-X is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
well i have a feeling the server is just setup wrong. its such a pain man. ive tried everything
What about the server certificate? Was it installed on your touch pro2?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentz313 View Post
also having a weird issue where my volume on the side completely stops responding but soft reset brings it back also lost all my notifications somehow no sound for ring or text. i think i need another hard reset aswell.

Sounds like a HR is in order as those complaints are not common, haven't seen any of them on the ROM.

Quote:
its verizon and ive had it since the day they released it i have an insurance plan but if i can get a battery for under 50 i really dont see why i would pay them 50 to replace the phone. also everytime ive used my inusrance on verizon they make me keep my original battery they just send a new device so i dont think that would help.
You shouldn't need to pay a deductible, they should warranty it for free if it's defective, same with the phone, if the screen or buttons are defective there's a 1 year warranty IIRC, the deductible is for insurance if you lose the phone, toss it in the pool/toilet/pond, etc. But I would recommend flashing back to stock and relocking before you take it in, unless you know the guys, since they may try to blame it on you w/ a custom ROM and void the warranty. But if the phones acting funky, do a HR, be careful what you load on it adn see how it is, there may be an app you've got loaded not playing nice and eating away at batt life if you're getting other issues too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuffrtwood knows their stuff

Superb ROM!!! I absolutely love it. The best ROM I have flashed so far. Highly recommend it. Thanks a lot.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

violentz313 is keeping up the good workviolentz313 is keeping up the good work

awesome thanks for all your help. as far as apps the only thing i installed was touchtwit and that hasnt givin me problems on any other roms so im pretty confident software isnt the issue. gonna try the hr first hopefully thats all i need i flashed from 6.5 stock verizon so i know i shouldnt have to reflash shipped like was always the case with the diamond.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
If your battery goes bad, your warranty should cover it, not your insurance. You should not have to pay anything unless you physically wounded or lost the phone. My phone completely died after a hard reset. I mean there was nothing left on the phone. I took it in to a corporate store and the next day I got a new one, in a retail box, with no charge. I actually left the battery in my car when I got the new one. They didn't even ask about it. So, now I have a spare. I figure that is fair since I had to go a day without the phone.

Edit: oops fishingmedic beat me to it.

Last edited by buggerritt; 03-24-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Has anyone had any problems changing Sense wallpapers? It doesn't read my card right anymore, only 2 folders out of about 10 show up now & I have to move my wallpapers to internal memory to see them. I'm thinking I may need to defrag my card or something.
Can you see the folders if you have your card in a card reader?
In file explorer, there is a setting for show all folders. Make sure that is set. Can you see them with total commander or resco file explorer?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
If your battery goes bad, your warranty should cover it, not your insurance. You should not have to pay anything unless you physically wounded or lost the phone. My phone completely died after a hard reset. I mean there was nothing left on the phone. I took it in to a corporate store and the next day I got a new one, in a retail box, with no charge. I actually left the battery in my car when I got the new one. They didn't even ask about it. So, now I have a spare. I figure that is fair since I had to go a day without the phone.

Edit: oops fishingmedic beat me to it.
My battery was doing this same thing the first time i flashed a custom rom on my TP2, Let it go all the way dead, recharged it and never seen it again
Old 03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

This doesn't belong here because it isn't ROM specific but, this is my favorite thread so, Ima share here. I found that after flashing and restoring with Sprite Backup, sometimes, it would take a long time to sync contacts. This was solved by deleting all contacts on PC and then syncing. After doing so, it only took about 20 seconds for complete sync of all contacts. Also, it kept all links, for favorites, on the phone. Just a little FYI. Enjoy.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
i never had an issue with iGO8 TTS on my rom, or i would have addressed this as its what i use.

explain?

X what version are you using?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development