PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:51 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i still use"clear storage" after flashing, may help. unless you think hardreset is same as clear storage but there not.
Interesting. Let me state my understanding of the two items and ask a question.

Clear Storage is an applet in the System section of Settings. You key in 1234 and press yes to, clear storage.

A Hard Reset is when you press some series of buttons and the phone kicks into boot-loader and then prompts the use to press one of the volume buttons to first, confirm the wipe and second, to reboot the machine.

The two process are certainly different, but I've heard differing opinions on the similarities of the results. On one side, folks say they are identicial, while on the other side, folks talk about some things (QPST) persisting after a hard-reset, which are wiped if you clear storage.

Your thougths?

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JustLok is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROM] [02-12-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21887.5.0.86]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post

MR.X ROM Wallpaper in Rainbow colors from Young DC

Stock,Green,orange,Purple,Red,Yellow,Blue
EDIT: If you want more colors let me know..
Not to sound newbish, but I've never replaced a startup screen before. I like the new X screen, but I much prefer orange. Can anyone tell me how I can replace it? I can't seem to find it online.

Thank in advance!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 AM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLok View Post
Not to sound newbish, but I've never replaced a startup screen before. I like the new X screen, but I much prefer orange. Can anyone tell me how I can replace it? I can't seem to find it online.

Thank in advance!
You can rename the file to "stwater_480_800.jpg" and throw it in the "Windows" Directory and this will be your startup pic... If your looking to make a "Boot Splash" here is some info I found on XDA...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
You can rename the file to "stwater_480_800.jpg" and throw it in the "Windows" Directory and this will be your startup pic... If your looking to make a "Boot Splash" here is some info I found on XDA...
Negative ghost rider, you want to rename it welcomehead.192.png

May the swartz be with you!

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Worked like a charm, thanks for the help!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Negative ghost rider, you want to rename it welcomehead.192.png

May the swartz be with you!

Mikee
Is there a difference or two different startup pictures? And to rename it, I have to add the extension as well? Since it doesn't display the extension name (ie: just the name of the file shows up and not filename.jpg)?

I'll give that a try as well, thanks for the tip!

BTW, I was checking XDA and they had some animated welcome screens, does it work on the X_Rom or just stock? This is the link.

Last edited by JustLok; 06-01-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: link addition
Old 06-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

I believe those will work with any rom. there just startup pictures. install them and find out. least you have to do is uninstall cuz they wont work. im pretty confident that they will though.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:28 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Interesting. Let me state my understanding of the two items and ask a question.

Clear Storage is an applet in the System section of Settings. You key in 1234 and press yes to, clear storage.

A Hard Reset is when you press some series of buttons and the phone kicks into boot-loader and then prompts the use to press one of the volume buttons to first, confirm the wipe and second, to reboot the machine.

The two process are certainly different, but I've heard differing opinions on the similarities of the results. On one side, folks say they are identicial, while on the other side, folks talk about some things (QPST) persisting after a hard-reset, which are wiped if you clear storage.

Your thougths?

Best regards,
-boggsie
I also use clear storage and have no issues after....clear storage supposedly goes deeper as far as cleaning the goofy ass nand....to say I have proof....no....but it does seem to work for me....I never use Task29 unless I develop weird issues post flash after clear storage....which is rare for me at least...
Old 06-01-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Srt4inSC is keeping up the good workSrt4inSC is keeping up the good work

I love the new Rom, I updated the day it came out and I still have the problem with wrong weather location's. On one of the March releases I didn't have any problem's, Is there a way I can go to one of the older weather/location services?
-This is a personal issue and not a reflection of the ROM, ROM is excellent
Old 06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Cajun Reefer is a n00b
Question Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

I flashed this ROM last night which I like; however, I'm having problems with my data connection coming on by itself which is visible in the bar on top of the screen next to the 3G icon. I'm able to tap on the icon, see how long my Data Connection has been running under Verizon Wireless, and go to Comm Manager where I'm able to turn Off Data Connection, but it is all the time with no rhyme or reason.

If I tap on Set up data connection under Comm Manager, it brings me to Connection Setup under Settings; whereby, it asks which country which I obviously choose United States. However, Verizon is not one of the choices under the Operator drop-down tab. I have done the update database with no luck of Verizon coming up. Any ideas as if this is causing my problems? I'm sure the data connection on will drain my battery prematurely. Note: I did "provision" it to Verizon when the option came up during the installation.

Thank y'all for any help or suggestions!

-Dennis

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development