PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] [05-26-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21892.5.0.89]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Reefer View Post
I flashed this ROM last night which I like; however, I'm having problems with my data connection coming on by itself which is visible in the bar on top of the screen next to the 3G icon. I'm able to tap on the icon, see how long my Data Connection has been running under Verizon Wireless, and go to Comm Manager where I'm able to turn Off Data Connection, but it is all the time with no rhyme or reason.

If I tap on Set up data connection under Comm Manager, it brings me to Connection Setup under Settings; whereby, it asks which country which I obviously choose United States. However, Verizon is not one of the choices under the Operator drop-down tab. I have done the update database with no luck of Verizon coming up. Any ideas as if this is causing my problems? I'm sure the data connection on will drain my battery prematurely. Note: I did "provision" it to Verizon when the option came up during the installation.

Thank y'all for any help or suggestions!

-Dennis
data comes on for weather/mail mine is set to update and drain on battery isnt a issue here.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Cajun Reefer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
data comes on for weather/mail mine is set to update and drain on battery isnt a issue here.

darren.wlsn1,

Thanks! But it seems as though it should update the weather & check mail then shut off; however, I just noticed mine was on again, and it showed being on for over 2 hrs and 49 mins and still counting. Seems like a waste of power. I have mine to update weather every 3 hrs and check e-mail every 2 hrs. Any idea why it's not shutting off after completing the scheduled task?

EDIT:

Disregard, I think I found the answer. I inadvertently setup the Facebook and YouTube info that apparently was trying to keep the connection open. I think I solved my own problem. Sorry for the bother guys!

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Verizon

Last edited by Cajun Reefer; 06-01-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Stupid poster (me) / problem solved.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt4inSC View Post
I love the new Rom, I updated the day it came out and I still have the problem with wrong weather location's. On one of the March releases I didn't have any problem's, Is there a way I can go to one of the older weather/location services?
-This is a personal issue and not a reflection of the ROM, ROM is excellent
this is a known problem going on right now thats affecting some vzw customers(me included). thread on it here. my location is giving me a city thats about 400 miles away.

and here's a cab that installs the older htcgeoservice that you can try, but this didn't help me any. i've flashed several different roms, including stock, and the location is still FRACKED. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1269361341

Last edited by razorloves; 06-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
this is a known problem going on right now thats affecting some vzw customers(me included). thread on it here. my location is giving me a city thats about 400 miles away.

and here's a cab that installs the older htcgeoservice that you can try, but this didn't help me any. i've flashed several different roms, including stock, and the location is still FRACKED. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1269361341
just for giggles try task29. or did you do that already?
Old 06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
just for giggles try task29. or did you do that already?
lol...you know my answer to that. haha. it's a known network problem, so nothin to do with phone.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

cnoevl21 is keeping up the good workcnoevl21 is keeping up the good work

hey X, i saw u posted in the maxsense forum...any chance ur gonna cook it into ur rom? i figure, since ur rom is the most stable 2.5, u would prob. make the most stable maxsense too
Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JustLok is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I believe those will work with any rom. there just startup pictures. install them and find out. least you have to do is uninstall cuz they wont work. im pretty confident that they will though.
I just tried installing them today and they don't animate to my dismay. I asked in the XDA forums, hopefully they'll give me an answer on why it didn't work.

On another note, has anyone used the GTX Sense theme from XDA? I've been looking for a light theme since I've gotten this phone and finally came across this one. However, they have two options for WVGA themes, something called CFC compressed and CFC uncompressed. Can anyone tell which of those X's roms would fall under? I'd hate to install the wrong file and mess up the phone. And last question on the theme would be if anyone has used it without adding the Cookies. Not sure how that works, but I'd prefer to keep installation at a minimum where I'd just have mobile shell & tf3d.

TIA!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLok
Quote:
I believe those will work with any rom. there just startup pictures. install them and find out. least you have to do is uninstall cuz they wont work. im pretty confident that they will though.
I just tried installing them today and they don't animate to my dismay. I asked in the XDA forums, hopefully they'll give me an answer on why it didn't work.

On another note, has anyone used the GTX Sense theme from XDA? I've been looking for a light theme since I've gotten this phone and finally came across this one. However, they have two options for WVGA themes, something called CFC compressed and CFC uncompressed. Can anyone tell which of those X's roms would fall under? I'd hate to install the wrong file and mess up the phone. And last question on the theme would be if anyone has used it without adding the Cookies. Not sure how that works, but I'd prefer to keep installation at a minimum where I'd just have mobile shell & tf3d.

TIA!
regarding cfc mrx rom is compressed. gtx theme should work but remember its a unsupported theme. a few things are unfixed regarding gtx theme. so not so much support will be found in this thread surrounding that theme.

hope this help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 / tp2
Carrier: boost cdma

abhijeetpal is just getting started

i like this rom..
is there a more barebone rom with windows 6.5 and sense 2.5..

which is faster than this.. and also stable..

Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetpal
i like this rom..
is there a more barebone rom with windows 6.5 and sense 2.5..

which is faster than this.. and also stable..

Thanks
this rom is almost as bare as it gets. mrx and mighty are built bare for users to customize.

re: barebone i would look for a rom made by a chef named -freeza-... has rom is naked...

hope this help...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development