PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Does anyone know how to disable WM messaging for receiving pictures?? A regedit?? Or something of the sort? Something close to it so that I can try some things out myself and see if I can figure something out? Any suggestions?? I have to go through two sets of messaging clients just to view a picture! Any way to fix that?

Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Does anyone know how to disable WM messaging for receiving pictures?? A regedit?? Or something of the sort? Something close to it so that I can try some things out myself and see if I can figure something out? Any suggestions?? I have to go through two sets of messaging clients just to view a picture! Any way to fix that?
cant you just use the"disable htc messaging" cab? use paperclip after other rom titles there posted everywhere.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:36 PM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
cant you just use the"disable htc messaging" cab? use paperclip after other rom titles there posted everywhere.
Alright I will give it a shot. Thanks.

See because whatever messaging client pops up from the TF3D tab is the one I want to keep. Dont know if that is HTC or WM. But Im having to press numerous picture icons to view my received MMS pictures. I hate that. I will try the zeynee disabling HTC messaging cab 1.2 I just downloaded and post back.

Last edited by youngpro83; 04-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Alright I will give it a shot. Thanks.
heres one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
337 L.V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
heres one.
Nope that didnt work. The only ROM Ive noticed that works correctly is the Sprint Lovers ROM. You get a picture message and you tap it and view the picture. This ROM you get a picture...tap it....tap something else...then view the picture. That is just too much work to view a picture. Gets really annoying sometimes.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
acs tester

i never minded the extra step compared to where things were.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

frostbite96 is a n00b

tried installing the zenyee htc messaging disable cab, didn't seem to do anything.
i have a feeling the htc messaging is conflicting with the pocket outlook, causing me to be unable to open texts or emails in outlook
Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Okay, here is an issue with the 4/22 ROM:

When I try to edit the Home Screen Tabs, if I remove one or more, Sense keeps trying to restart, but will try 3-6 times before it takes. I have seen this problem described on the forum before, but it always seemed to point to a CAB being used. The thing is, these CABs are the same ones I have been using on all of the other Mr. X ROMS. Here is what I have loaded:

Cookie 1.7.1 with CHT Editor 1.7.1.1
BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2 with the Config Tool and Mortscript
MykCer Sense Chrome Clock
Opera Mini 5
FdcSoft TaskMgr
MyStopWatch
imnuts ArcSoft MMS (this is different - I usually used Flyers patch)

I will try uninstalling the imnuts ArcSoft CAB and loading one of the new Flyers Tweaked CABs (probably the unthreaded one). Other than that, any ideas? I did verify that if I check all of the Home Screen Tabs again, all is well. Oh, and yes, I just did the whole FlashDance back to stock before I loaded Mr. X back up. Thanks for any help!

Okay, I just wanted to set the record straight here. I did a hard reset on my phone last night and tested this again, and absolutely no problem using Sense Settings / Personalize / Home Screen Tabs to turn off the Internet, Stocks and Twitter tabs. So, it has to be one of the Cabs I am loading. Again, here is what I am loading via XDA_UC:

BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2
BsB Ram Sweeper Config Tool (Beta 1.3)
Mortscript-4.2-PPC_[version_light]
CHTEditor v1.7.1.1
Cookie Home Tab v1.7.1
MykCer Sense (2.5.1922) Chrome Flip Clock
Opera Mini 5 beta
FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1
MyStopWatch 2.0
FlyersTweakedSprintArcsoft(non-threaded)

I will try adding these one at a time to see which one is causing the problem, as I actually have the time to do this today. Thanks to all for their help on this, and thank you Mr. X for a GREAT ROM!

UPDATE: Okay, I just went through the process of adding each of these CABs one at a time and testing, both by turning on / off the tabs but also by powering off and on the phone to verify that Sense started up correctly each time. Guess what - NONE of these CABs caused a problem. So, I realized that one other variable had changed with the latest version of Mr. X ROM - it is XDA_UC. So, I am going to hard reset again and load the same CABs using XDA_UC to see if the problem happens then. I will report back. Oh, one question - does it make a difference what order these CABs are in in the XDA_UC folder?

ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, I guess in the end it was just a spurious issue. I hard reset the phone and loaded all the same CABs via XDA_UC and it works perfectly. I can change the sense tabs to me hearts content and no issues. Sorry to waste bandwidth.

Last edited by CYoung234; 04-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond/mogul
Carrier: sprint

just_maurice is a n00b

hope someone can offer me some help. the rom is great but i have a major problem. i cannot receive any picture messeges. im on sprint. i install flyers cab (maybe dont work for me because im a devil's fan) and i still cant get mms. i even hard reset and and only loaded up flyers cab.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Nope that didnt work. The only ROM Ive noticed that works correctly is the Sprint Lovers ROM. You get a picture message and you tap it and view the picture. This ROM you get a picture...tap it....tap something else...then view the picture. That is just too much work to view a picture. Gets really annoying sometimes.
Pro, give Flyers latest arcsoft non threaded a shot, one click and you should be able to see the pic, I think the threaded cab is causing the multiple clicks to get to the pics, because on his latest non threaded I click the mms and it pops up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_maurice View Post
hope someone can offer me some help. the rom is great but i have a major problem. i cannot receive any picture messeges. im on sprint. i install flyers cab (maybe dont work for me because im a devil's fan) and i still cant get mms. i even hard reset and and only loaded up flyers cab.
Did you let the auto provision work or manually let the phone provision? And are you using one of Flyers latest arcsoft cabs? Cuz Me, Flyers and Darren are all on Sprint running this rom, and I can confirm we're all getting MMS no problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development