View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:26 AM
CYoung234
PPCGeeks Regular

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Okay, here is an issue with the 4/22 ROM:

When I try to edit the Home Screen Tabs, if I remove one or more, Sense keeps trying to restart, but will try 3-6 times before it takes. I have seen this problem described on the forum before, but it always seemed to point to a CAB being used. The thing is, these CABs are the same ones I have been using on all of the other Mr. X ROMS. Here is what I have loaded:

Cookie 1.7.1 with CHT Editor 1.7.1.1
BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2 with the Config Tool and Mortscript
MykCer Sense Chrome Clock
Opera Mini 5
FdcSoft TaskMgr
MyStopWatch
imnuts ArcSoft MMS (this is different - I usually used Flyers patch)

I will try uninstalling the imnuts ArcSoft CAB and loading one of the new Flyers Tweaked CABs (probably the unthreaded one). Other than that, any ideas? I did verify that if I check all of the Home Screen Tabs again, all is well. Oh, and yes, I just did the whole FlashDance back to stock before I loaded Mr. X back up. Thanks for any help!

Okay, I just wanted to set the record straight here. I did a hard reset on my phone last night and tested this again, and absolutely no problem using Sense Settings / Personalize / Home Screen Tabs to turn off the Internet, Stocks and Twitter tabs. So, it has to be one of the Cabs I am loading. Again, here is what I am loading via XDA_UC:

BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2
BsB Ram Sweeper Config Tool (Beta 1.3)
Mortscript-4.2-PPC_[version_light]
CHTEditor v1.7.1.1
Cookie Home Tab v1.7.1
MykCer Sense (2.5.1922) Chrome Flip Clock
Opera Mini 5 beta
FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1
MyStopWatch 2.0
FlyersTweakedSprintArcsoft(non-threaded)

I will try adding these one at a time to see which one is causing the problem, as I actually have the time to do this today. Thanks to all for their help on this, and thank you Mr. X for a GREAT ROM!

UPDATE: Okay, I just went through the process of adding each of these CABs one at a time and testing, both by turning on / off the tabs but also by powering off and on the phone to verify that Sense started up correctly each time. Guess what - NONE of these CABs caused a problem. So, I realized that one other variable had changed with the latest version of Mr. X ROM - it is XDA_UC. So, I am going to hard reset again and load the same CABs using XDA_UC to see if the problem happens then. I will report back. Oh, one question - does it make a difference what order these CABs are in in the XDA_UC folder?

ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, I guess in the end it was just a spurious issue. I hard reset the phone and loaded all the same CABs via XDA_UC and it works perfectly. I can change the sense tabs to me hearts content and no issues. Sorry to waste bandwidth.

Last edited by CYoung234; 04-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.