PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

bigworm82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [04-XX-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2012 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

i'm having the same problem.. i provisioned it to sprint or whatever..then installed the arcsoft from the start of this thread.. and it still won't let me do picture messages. soon as i click send it instantly says it can't do it.

Otherwise i love the rom.. my favorite thus far.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm82 View Post
i'm having the same problem.. i provisioned it to sprint or whatever..then installed the arcsoft from the start of this thread.. and it still won't let me do picture messages. soon as i click send it instantly says it can't do it.

Otherwise i love the rom.. my favorite thus far.
Try one of these, one threaded, one not. Remove any arcsoft you've got on the phone currently and load one of these up. Thank Flyers for the cabs.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Trust me guys those cabs work.....the only reason I mod them is because of the extensive use of MMS for me........believe me I use it probably 5-6 times a day or more.....I have a distribution list of over 60 people....I use them personally and have had no issues.....
Old 04-29-2010, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Trust me guys those cabs work.....the only reason I mod them is because of the extensive use of MMS for me........believe me I use it probably 5-6 times a day or more.....I have a distribution list of over 60 people....I use them personally and have had no issues.....
I think the issue is new users are reading the first few posts and d/l'ing the arcsoft from there and it doesn't look like X has loaded up the new cabs.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

skyguy04 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
Okay, I just wanted to set the record straight here. I did a hard reset on my phone last night and tested this again, and absolutely no problem using Sense Settings / Personalize / Home Screen Tabs to turn off the Internet, Stocks and Twitter tabs. So, it has to be one of the Cabs I am loading. Again, here is what I am loading via XDA_UC:

BsB Ram Sweeper 2.2
BsB Ram Sweeper Config Tool (Beta 1.3)
Mortscript-4.2-PPC_[version_light]
CHTEditor v1.7.1.1
Cookie Home Tab v1.7.1
MykCer Sense (2.5.1922) Chrome Flip Clock
Opera Mini 5 beta
FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1
MyStopWatch 2.0
FlyersTweakedSprintArcsoft(non-threaded)

I will try adding these one at a time to see which one is causing the problem, as I actually have the time to do this today. Thanks to all for their help on this, and thank you Mr. X for a GREAT ROM!

UPDATE: Okay, I just went through the process of adding each of these CABs one at a time and testing, both by turning on / off the tabs but also by powering off and on the phone to verify that Sense started up correctly each time. Guess what - NONE of these CABs caused a problem. So, I realized that one other variable had changed with the latest version of Mr. X ROM - it is XDA_UC. So, I am going to hard reset again and load the same CABs using XDA_UC to see if the problem happens then. I will report back. Oh, one question - does it make a difference what order these CABs are in in the XDA_UC folder?

ANOTHER UPDATE: Well, I guess in the end it was just a spurious issue. I hard reset the phone and loaded all the same CABs via XDA_UC and it works perfectly. I can change the sense tabs to me hearts content and no issues. Sorry to waste bandwidth.
I'm curious how you have BsB Ram Sweeper set up. I've never used it before but it looks interesting. I'm also noticing a memory leak in the latest X build where my ram starts off at 55% and goes to 82%. I can tell a noticable decrease in performance at 82% and it would be nice to just clear all the unnecessary crap.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy04 View Post
I'm curious how you have BsB Ram Sweeper set up. I've never used it before but it looks interesting. I'm also noticing a memory leak in the latest X build where my ram starts off at 55% and goes to 82%. I can tell a noticable decrease in performance at 82% and it would be nice to just clear all the unnecessary crap.
With BsB RAM Sweeper 2.2, no additional config is needed with Mr X, as all of the proper exclusions appear to be there. If you are using a ROM that uses ArkSwitch, like some of the 6.5.X ROMs out there do, you need to add that as an exclusion. Otherwise, you can just run RAMSweeper via the config tool, and it works well. I personally have better success with this than with CleanRAM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYoung234 View Post
With BsB RAM Sweeper 2.2, no additional config is needed with Mr X, as all of the proper exclusions appear to be there. If you are using a ROM that uses ArkSwitch, like some of the 6.5.X ROMs out there do, you need to add that as an exclusion. Otherwise, you can just run RAMSweeper via the config tool, and it works well. I personally have better success with this than with CleanRAM.
Very nice! I've installed it and configured for auto-run every 240 minutes. Exactly what i needed! Thanks!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
82%, sounds like a issue on your end. i see no leak on latest build. love to see whats loaded on phone. your sure your on latest build?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
N00b

yep, latest build as in earlier this week? Maybe it was late last week, can't remember now and can't find the post where Mr. X couldn't post it but someone else did. Anyhow, i didn't have anything loaded at all on it until today. It's been going to 82% just with the straight ROM. nothing else.

I'm on verizon, so i assume it auto-provisions verizon. Also, i connect to my corporate exchange server. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I used to let it download all the mail so it would always say 99+ unread. But now i just set it to download 1 day. So i doubt it's the volume of mail.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCYoung234 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
yep, latest build as in earlier this week? Maybe it was late last week, can't remember now and can't find the post where Mr. X couldn't post it but someone else did. Anyhow, i didn't have anything loaded at all on it until today. It's been going to 82% just with the straight ROM. nothing else.

I'm on verizon, so i assume it auto-provisions verizon. Also, i connect to my corporate exchange server. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I used to let it download all the mail so it would always say 99+ unread. But now i just set it to download 1 day. So i doubt it's the volume of mail.
Darren is right - 82% is very high. After an entire day, my phone does not go above ~68% or so. That is without running RAMSweeper at all. I get down to maybe 70Mb free RAM. The usual average with my CABs and 2 email accounts (Exchange and GMail) is 59% / 77Mb free.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development