PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ohenebajoy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I noticed a post over on RaidZero's Kitchen where he is changing the base from Calkulin to RZ. I think he's trying to clear up some details on the switch so it's taking a little longer to finish (I guess .. don't want to speak for Formula)

Thanks so is he uploading it now
Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: {ROM}{23540/6.5.5}{3/3}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {23542 beta, Stock&Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Here is the latest Beta, 23554. This was put together using RiadZero's Kitchen as a base and has improved performance and ram. Page Pool is set to 8MB and I have tested this config and like the results so far, so I would suggest leaving this way. If you don't get carrier select at boot try going to Start -> Tools -> Carrier Provisioning. Please post your relests and feedback. p.s I reduced the professional screens from3 to 1 but left the config for the 3 in place so you can enable the 3 pages from settings and the widget layout will be restored... came down to these look nice but rarely use and disabling them saves a few MB of ram.

Generic / Carrier Select at Boot.
23554 Custom MobileSense
http://vegasden.net/Formula/Formula.MS.23554.7z

Sprint Only:
23549 Custom MobileSense:
http://vegasden.net/Formula/Formula....9.Sprint.v1.7z

All Carrier:

23549 Standard MS Build:
http://vegasden.net/Formula/Formula....lCarrier.v1.7z

23549 Custom MobileSense:
http://vegasden.net/Formula/Formula....lCarrier.v1.7z
New release enjoy!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {ROM}{23540/6.5.5}{3/3}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {23542 beta, Stock&Li

Quote:
New release enjoy!
Nothing like the smell of Flashed Rom cells in the morning...

Thanks Formula84
Old 04-05-2010, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Nothing like the smell of Flashed Rom cells in the morning...

Thanks Formula84
Let me know how you make out on Verizon. I am using slim carrier cabs, and a generic base. Sprint is setup for Keyboard mapping and MMS, after choosing Verizon you will probably have to install the Keyboard Fix for Verizon and also modify MMS severs as well.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Let me know how you make out on Verizon. I am using slim carrier cabs, and a generic base. Sprint is setup for Keyboard mapping and MMS, after choosing Verizon you will probably have to install the Keyboard Fix for Verizon and also modify MMS severs as well.
So far this build has been fighting me on the install. i'm having some conflicts with Sashimi (maybe because I have my own Sashimi setup on my storage card?) ... Unfortunately, I've got to get my work rolling, so I'll update later as to the issues and resolutions.

Thanks,
Old 04-05-2010, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
So far this build has been fighting me on the install. i'm having some conflicts with Sashimi (maybe because I have my own Sashimi setup on my storage card?) ... Unfortunately, I've got to get my work rolling, so I'll update later as to the issues and resolutions.

Thanks,
I had no problems with sashimi, it auto loads at first boot if you have it on the storage card, give it time and let it initialize should take a minute but once the rom quiets down it should bring you to your manual, auto, etc. menu. Maybe flash stock before flashing this rom if your having problems.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I had no problems with sashimi, it auto loads at first boot if you have it on the storage card, give it time and let it initialize should take a minute but once the rom quiets down it should bring you to your manual, auto, etc. menu. Maybe flash stock before flashing this rom if your having problems.
It was hanging on installing a cert for my exchange server (self signed server).
I did decide to run a 'task 29' memory format before installing.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
It was hanging on installing a cert for my exchange server (self signed server).
I did decide to run a 'task 29' memory format before installing.
Ok thanks for the feedback, I have not installed cert's via sashimi before, can you install manually? Let me know how you make out.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23554/6.5.5}{4/5}Formula's SPB MobileSense {New Base Beta Available}

So, if I want to play with the "latest" Beta (Sprint), do I use the Generic 23554 and select Sprint at boot? Or use the Sprint 23549? The way I understand is the 23549 has the customizations for Sprint, but not the latest rom, is that right?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ok thanks for the feedback, I have not installed cert's via sashimi before, can you install manually? Let me know how you make out.
I was able to install the cert manually. I've never had a problem with Sashimi on this before.
Also, this ROM just feels sluggish compared to prior releases. Not sure if this is due to the RZ base or what. We definitely have more memory, but it just feels slower.

Hope you don't take this as 'whining'. I appreciate your efforts, and just trying to provide some feedback.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms