PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbythwood View Post
anyone having trouble with the slidedown menu that slides from the top of the screen ,it comes down when im on calls an call my voicemail ,ive been trying to disable it but not much luck anyone have any suggestion
Sorry for the delayed response, I have been wrapped up in other things, but the screen shot you PM'd me is the 6.5.x notification bar, as far as I know there is no way to disable this. If Notification Enhancement is setup it will take over the space of the bar were icons are but the empty space will still trigger this drop down. Others have asked in the kitchen and the answer was no. I personally like this feature and use it all the time, this is why I don't cook in the notification enhanchement from HTC.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Greetings,

I loaded 23540 Titanium Only today in my never ending quest for a bullet proof ROM. This looks promising, but I cannot seem to get to my BlueTooth Settings. When I click on the BT setting in Comm manager, nothing happens. BT will turn on and off, but I cannot get to the settings. Without the settings, I cannot connect to my headset or car stereo.

Any help is appreciated.

Doug M.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Greetings,

I loaded 23540 Titanium Only today in my never ending quest for a bullet proof ROM. This looks promising, but I cannot seem to get to my BlueTooth Settings. When I click on the BT setting in Comm manager, nothing happens. BT will turn on and off, but I cannot get to the settings. Without the settings, I cannot connect to my headset or car stereo.

Any help is appreciated.

Doug M.
I too miss this feature. However, click on the start button, go to settings and then click Bluetooth. That get's you to the settings you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I too miss this feature. However, click on the start button, go to settings and then click Bluetooth. That get's you to the settings you want.
This should be corrected in the next build, finally figured out what package was screwing up the reg for comm manager.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
This should be corrected in the next build, finally figured out what package was screwing up the reg for comm manager.
Have I ever told you that your my Hero?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

kbythwood is a n00b

i think it rocks too is there away to work around it when im on a call
Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
Excellent. Thanks for the help. This will work fine for me. Once I get BT set-up, I really do not need quick access to the settings. I just leave it on all the time.

So far this seems to be a great ROM. I have not loaded any apps yet. I did set up my IMAP4 email which seems to work great. I had 105MB free when I went to bed. This morning, still at 105MB. Awsome. Looks like no memory leaks so far.

Thanks for your help and this excellent ROM.

Doug M.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can i get ur welcomehead screen??
PLEAAAAAASE!!?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, Day 2 of the Titanium only ROM was less successful. The memory was awsome, staying around 100MB. However, I had difficulty with the phone. I could not use the call history to make calls. More troubling, I could make all the calls I want untill I receive an inbound call. After an inbound call, I could not dial out unless I did a soft reset.

I tried reflashing, but with the same results. No apps were installed except for the Verizon keyboard fix.

I'll stop by and check out the next release. I am sure that this will be something simple and probably resolved in the next release.

Thanks for your help.

Doug M.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Well, Day 2 of the Titanium only ROM was less successful. The memory was awsome, staying around 100MB. However, I had difficulty with the phone. I could not use the call history to make calls. More troubling, I could make all the calls I want untill I receive an inbound call. After an inbound call, I could not dial out unless I did a soft reset.

I tried reflashing, but with the same results. No apps were installed except for the Verizon keyboard fix.

I'll stop by and check out the next release. I am sure that this will be something simple and probably resolved in the next release.

Thanks for your help.

Doug M.
I suspect this is largely due to the fact that Formula uses the latest/greatest releases for WinMo. The last build was 23549. While these builds give us the newest interfaces and features that MS may be working on, they are also going to be the least stable.
Formula mentioned he is working on a 23554 release. I have recently started working through the tools to build ROMS, and cooked my first Rom yesterday based on 23554. Besides the fact that I don't yet know what I'm doing and it was a horrible failure , there is one VERY large bug in 23554: When you open the menu in the e-mail client, it doesn't go away!
I don't know this, but I suspect that's why Formula hasn't dropped a new release yet. Trying to solve that issue.
So, if you are looking for drop dead stability, you are likely going to have to leave the 6.5.X world and go back to a 6.5 build. Those builds are much more stable, and see far less movement in their code bases.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms