PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamePlay View Post
Ok so i flashed to the Sprint ROM and the first thing I get is an error that says services.exe had a problem. I haven't seen anything else yet but has anyone else gotten this error?
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
Yeah the services error happened to me on first boot. hasnt happened since.
I noticed this as well, but only on first boot.. I haven't noticed it since.

I must say, I'm a flash addict, but i'm seriously LOVIN' this ROM w/ SPB... I've never played w/ SPB and I think i'm gonna purchase a license for it.. it's that damm awesome

This ROM is very fast, and so far, very stable. the only hiccup i've noticed (on the latest sprint release, downloaded last night) is when I had the phone locked, my alarm went off this morning, I hit the power button to wake the phone and the screen was shifted to the right about 1/3 of the way to the left side screen (god, i hope that makes sense LOL) ..

didnt matter which direction i swiped, when the screen changed, it was still off the same amount. if I opened texts, programs, etc.. still off.. I couldn't hit the link to soft reset (I think the screen being off affected the link on the screen LOL) .. was overcome w/ a battery pull.

beyond that, the battery life seems to go 'slightly' more quickly than what i'd prefer, however, this could be due to the fact that I was playing w/ the phone so much AND cuz it's a new flash of a new ROM. I'm gonna give it a few days and play with it some more (or just use it normally) and see if the battery life improves (i'm sure it will once everything adjusts)

past that, many thanks for a sweet a$s ROM man
Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {ROM}{23549/6.5.5}{3/19}Formula's SPB MobileSense & Titanium {Stock&Custom up!}

I have been getting sound issues again (no volume) even though volume is up all the way, only way to fix is with battery pull. Also a few times I wasn't able to send texts. I have to copy the text paste it in word doc. Reboot phone and text. Its starting to happen frequently and do not know why/what causes it.

Other than that everything works awesomely when it does work. These are the only two issues I am experiencing with this rom.

Is there anything that is app dependent on your sashimi pack? I wonder if the reason why you dont experience these problems formula, is maybe because you are using that pack?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
I have been getting sound issues again (no volume) even though volume is up all the way, only way to fix is with battery pull. Also a few times I wasn't able to send texts. I have to copy the text paste it in word doc. Reboot phone and text. Its starting to happen frequently and do not know why/what causes it.

Other than that everything works awesomely when it does work. These are the only two issues I am experiencing with this rom.

Is there anything that is app dependent on your sashimi pack? I wonder if the reason why you dont experience these problems formula, is maybe because you are using that pack?
No man its just a huge cab collection i have accumulated over time. I am working on Raid's kitchen and almost have a sloppy beta thrown together so once I get it workable without major issues I will PM you the link to test out.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
No man its just a huge cab collection i have accumulated over time. I am working on Raid's kitchen and almost have a sloppy beta thrown together so once I get it workable without major issues I will PM you the link to test out.
As this weeks draws to an end, I'm finding that this latest beta (23549 v1) has been the worst for me from Formula. It may largely be the pagepool issue (I never changed from 0. I flash just about every weekend anyway, so re-flashing mid-week is just a pain unless I *have* too.)
I've had a few Mobile shell restarts, and some general flakiness with memory issues.
The worst and strangest problem I've had has been with my bluetooth headset. The quality of sound has all of a sudden gone to crap, and I've never had issues with these headset(s) (I have two that I alternate between for battery reasons, etc) and this phone before, so I can only assume there is something strange in this load.
I did not flash dance this time, so that may be it, or it could be the pagepool thing. In any event, I can't wait to flash this current setup away.
When will your RZ setup be ready and how stable is it looking so far?

Thanks for all of your hard work on these Formula, and please don't take my comments to be directed at you. I've had very good luck with your ROMS so far, so I suspect it's the flash-dance or page-pool.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Wow sweet! thanks!

volume/freezing/text problems is escalating.. the phone seems to be generally fine the first few days of a flash but it degrades somehow...

I wasn't freezing at all now i am. And now i notice that if you wait the freeze will "unfreeze" its processing something... then after that you cannot send text messages anymore. When you click on a text message that you have received it will lock the phone up for 30seconds to a minute then only a soft reset will correct texting cant send issues.

Last edited by solarflarex; 03-26-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Wow sweet! thanks!

volume/freezing/text problems is escalating.. the phone seems to be generally fine the first few days of a flash but it degrades somehow...

I wasn't freezing at all now i am. And now i notice that if you wait the freeze will "unfreeze" its processing something... then after that you cannot send text messages anymore. When you click on a text message that you have received it will lock the phone up for 30seconds to a minute then only a soft reset will correct texting cant send issues.
I saw this thread about freezing that may be of interest to you:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106799
If its the same issue, then it doesn't appear to a ROM issue, but more generic to WinMo or the TP2.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I saw this thread about freezing that may be of interest to you:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106799
If its the same issue, then it doesn't appear to a ROM issue, but more generic to WinMo or the TP2.
No my experience is mostly with text/email icons. It is when the device is awake and i click on an incoming items widget for example to get my new text message. It will do the progress bar then freeze. It will be completely unresponsive. Many may not wait and just pull the battery, but if you do wait it does come back. When it does you cannot send a text message. You can soft reset and send text messages ok. it is random i didn't notice a freeze before when it randomly decided not to be able to send text messages, but lately (maybe messages are building up)?? it freezes more frequently. I am having to soft reset far too often. I have never had this problem until the latest release of the sprint vers... I also have a persistent sound issue. It is definately related to having headphones plugged in. I will never lose sound w/o headphones, but I do lose sound alot with them in. Sometimes its in the middle of a song/coast to coast show in s2p. sometimes its when a text comes in. Thinking about it.. it might be when texts come in and the headphones are plugged in, but I think it has happened w/o any event too...

These are the only two issues I have with this rom. Both are frustrating, but everything else works perfectly. If only one day we all get a rom where everything works great! heheh i can dream can't I? and being a flashaholic it might be m00t anyway.....
Old 03-28-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/1092; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

got bored. changed page pool to 16 and re-flashed latest. also did flash dance.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

is the new rom base problematic?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Not sure. If you notice our posts over the last week, seems like this one had more problems. In my case, however, I had not done the Flash Dance. Also, early in the week, Formula mentioned that setting the pagepool to 0 was causing problems. I had never changed mine back from 0 to 1.
I had hoped that Formula might release a new Rom this weekend, so was holding off on doing anything (I actually flashed back to mighty on Thursday just so the phone would be 'stable'). When a new ROM didn't surface, I went ahead and did the things I should have done last weekend
We'll see how this goes. With my luck, Formula will drop his new release today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms