PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23557|6.5.5}{4/10}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Only feedback from a few users, anyone else care to chime in on their experience so far? Is being generic a pain? Do you guys like having the carrier select at boot option instead? I was trying to limit the builds as having 2 builds of 3 Versions was alot of work, Figured not to hard to install a carrier cab if needed. Also I will post the Newer Sprint Cabs Like Nav & TV as well as Carrier cabs. If you are on another carrier than Sprint and Have specific cabs for your carrier apps post them on this tread. Also FEEDBACK and REQUESTS
Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {ROM}{23557|6.5.5}{4/10}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Sorry to hear you have problems, all i can say is i have never had this behavior and that it is actually the opposite for me. Usually after about 1 full day and a few soft resets the rom seems to act smoother and perform better.
Interesting.

Quote:
I do sync with exchange without any problems. 2 things, are you restoring text in any way?
No. I don't care about text history. E-mail history is of course handled by exchange.

Quote:
If so what program. 2nd with the Arcsoft is this just reg cab or acrsoft itself for Verizon? Post both cabs you are using so I can open them and dissect them...My guess is its something in the cabs your using.
Attached 3 files
Quote:
For your sashimi stuff is there any cabs you are installing? Is there anything on your storage card that runs in the background? (I have had stability issues prior running apps from my storage card)
No Cabs from Sashimi. I install a .cert, provision my e-mail and then copy a handful of shortcuts to the start menu for things already installed on the SC. The only thing that might run in the background would be Google Maps(Latitude position sharing).

Quote:
Oh and are you installing any carrier cab other than arcsoft and the key mapping?
Just the 3 I have attached.

One other thing of interest is that I have to restore my MS config from reg entries since the backup/restore doesn't work for me. I've just been deleting the entire SPBhouse2 tree and then restoring (I exit shell to do this, and then reboot)

Thanks for all your work on this Formula.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have given up on Pandora a long time ago as it has always been flaky for me. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but i read in the EXT request thread one user was able to get Pandora to load and work after opening Windows Media Player and disabling Shuffle. I know this sounds weird but its what they posted.
I installed the attached cab a long time ago (looks like I got this on 12/13) and I installed it to my storage card. I've always just created a shortcut to the exe on the card and it has run fine. I don't like how it handles the buttons/screen but it works.
I started to say that it works fine on this ROM, but I just realized I dropped back to MightyROM until I resolve my other issues. But it works for me now
Attached Files
File Type: cab Pandora (TP2).cab (843.6 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

triffeh is a n00b

Feedback on latest release.

On a Sprint TP2.

Using the version with all the bells and whistles, using your auto-install Sashimi script.

First thing I'll note to everyone is that rearranging widgets is harsh on the memory. Soft reset fixes it, and it doesn't seem to come back.

Second, there are a few apps that don't seem to work. Teeter, amazingly, doesn't even start to load, and TellMe seems to start and immediately close (I see it for a split second in the top left, then it's gone). Teeter doesn't even do that.

I did uninstall a few of the browsers you added. Opera Mobile is the way to go.

Haven't tried everything yet.

I'm of the understanding that the "generic" rom is, in essence, set up for Sprint out of the box (at least, that's my understanding from your initial posts. I haven't done anything and everything seems to work all right. Haven't tested SMS yet.) I do find it handy that you put in many of the programs I use. However, I'm kind of annoyed at not being able to uninstall many of them through ActiveSync/remove programs. I did choose the has-everything version with the most stuff, though, so I guess I brought it on myself. I guess I'd suggest moving some things from cooked-in into the auto-install Sashimi script (GrooveMobile, for example). All in all, though, I enjoy it, and it's a good break from HTC Manila.

Not sure whether I'll stick with it for good, but it'll definitely stay for a few weeks.

On an ironic note, despite TellMe not working, it can't be removed through ActiveSync or Remove Programs.

So my issues are mostly with a couple programs that don't seem to work, and built-in programs I don't plan on using. I can't blame you for the second, though a documentation of all the built-ins for each of your releases would be awesome if you have the time.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cktech71 is a n00b

Sweet ass rom !!! This thing is smooth and confusing but still very cool and interesting. I got 1 question what are those numbers at the top next to the bluetooth icon 44.30?
Old 04-13-2010, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ohenebajoy is just getting started

this rom is geat bro. the only issue for me is the memory. skyfire browser is of the chain. I love it. so far so good. Formula you are the man.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktech71 View Post
Sweet ass rom !!! This thing is smooth and confusing but still very cool and interesting. I got 1 question what are those numbers at the top next to the bluetooth icon 44.30?
The number you are seeing is the real time ram display, it is how much free ram you have. although 44 is kinda low, you should be at 75-80MB free after reset and down no lower than 60MB after a full usage (bwrosing the FS, sitching to landscape, icons caching, lockscreen usuage, etc) all of this will reduce your ram but should not drop below 60s so if you are below try soft resetting, I notice after a few soft resets after first flash the RAM gets better.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks for your feedback this is exactly what I was looking for, ok here are my answers...

You pointed out Tell Me was not working, so I found that I left out Voice Command in this build and is required for TellMe to function, this will be corrected in the next build.

Teeter: I get can not open, located, yada yada I will look into fixing this as well not sure how to yet but I will.

For your other issues, yeah thats why I made 3 Versions of My Rom, you would be better off with my E Version (Baseline, Espresso).

With regards to the sashimi app pack I have not gone through that for a while, I will have to check and make sure everything is still relevant to the rom and change some directories up as I have changed them in rom. This package of applications was really meant for the users to go though and figure out what they dont want and move to Skip folder, I do not use all applications in the sashimi app pack but thought others may find them useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triffeh View Post
Feedback on latest release.

On a Sprint TP2.

Using the version with all the bells and whistles, using your auto-install Sashimi script.

First thing I'll note to everyone is that rearranging widgets is harsh on the memory. Soft reset fixes it, and it doesn't seem to come back.

Second, there are a few apps that don't seem to work. Teeter, amazingly, doesn't even start to load, and TellMe seems to start and immediately close (I see it for a split second in the top left, then it's gone). Teeter doesn't even do that.

I did uninstall a few of the browsers you added. Opera Mobile is the way to go.

Haven't tried everything yet.

I'm of the understanding that the "generic" rom is, in essence, set up for Sprint out of the box (at least, that's my understanding from your initial posts. I haven't done anything and everything seems to work all right. Haven't tested SMS yet.) I do find it handy that you put in many of the programs I use. However, I'm kind of annoyed at not being able to uninstall many of them through ActiveSync/remove programs. I did choose the has-everything version with the most stuff, though, so I guess I brought it on myself. I guess I'd suggest moving some things from cooked-in into the auto-install Sashimi script (GrooveMobile, for example). All in all, though, I enjoy it, and it's a good break from HTC Manila.

Not sure whether I'll stick with it for good, but it'll definitely stay for a few weeks.

On an ironic note, despite TellMe not working, it can't be removed through ActiveSync or Remove Programs.

So my issues are mostly with a couple programs that don't seem to work, and built-in programs I don't plan on using. I can't blame you for the second, though a documentation of all the built-ins for each of your releases would be awesome if you have the time.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

@Zaphod-Beeblebrox I think it could be your Arcsoft Cab its quite old and the one I have is much newer. I have created a reg only cab for Verizon MMS Settings for my Arcsoft version, will include in this post for you later today to test out.

@Everyone I have rebuilt the loaded Version and is uploading now.
Fixes Both Teeter and TellMe(Added Voice Command Back in)
Updated Phone Canvas and Dusk Swype Skin (looks Great)
Updated a Few packages
Added Carrier Provisioning, can be found in Tools now. By default without it is still generic and will work out of the box, up to you if you want a specific carrier cab its their now.
Made this one a Self Executing EXE so no need to use 7zip as its bundled.

Formula.LD.MS.EV.23557.v2

Give some feedback if you try the new version out...

Last edited by Formula84; 04-13-2010 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Should be done uploading in about 20 Min.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms