View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
triffeh
Lurker

triffeh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23557|6.5.5}{4/10}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Feedback on latest release.

On a Sprint TP2.

Using the version with all the bells and whistles, using your auto-install Sashimi script.

First thing I'll note to everyone is that rearranging widgets is harsh on the memory. Soft reset fixes it, and it doesn't seem to come back.

Second, there are a few apps that don't seem to work. Teeter, amazingly, doesn't even start to load, and TellMe seems to start and immediately close (I see it for a split second in the top left, then it's gone). Teeter doesn't even do that.

I did uninstall a few of the browsers you added. Opera Mobile is the way to go.

Haven't tried everything yet.

I'm of the understanding that the "generic" rom is, in essence, set up for Sprint out of the box (at least, that's my understanding from your initial posts. I haven't done anything and everything seems to work all right. Haven't tested SMS yet.) I do find it handy that you put in many of the programs I use. However, I'm kind of annoyed at not being able to uninstall many of them through ActiveSync/remove programs. I did choose the has-everything version with the most stuff, though, so I guess I brought it on myself. I guess I'd suggest moving some things from cooked-in into the auto-install Sashimi script (GrooveMobile, for example). All in all, though, I enjoy it, and it's a good break from HTC Manila.

Not sure whether I'll stick with it for good, but it'll definitely stay for a few weeks.

On an ironic note, despite TellMe not working, it can't be removed through ActiveSync or Remove Programs.

So my issues are mostly with a couple programs that don't seem to work, and built-in programs I don't plan on using. I can't blame you for the second, though a documentation of all the built-ins for each of your releases would be awesome if you have the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.