PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Anyone out there tell me if its better to install apps/programs to the device or the storage card? And why? thanks

well, what are you installing, how many programs, and are you worried about loading too many cabs onto storage and slowing down your device????

Think of your home computer using an external drive, place one version on the external and one on the hard drive---which is accessed faster???? However, what is the program used for??? if it is a program not accessed that often, maybe SD is the way to go---especially if you're worred about storage on the phone.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor
Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
well, what are you installing, how many programs, and are you worried about loading too many cabs onto storage and slowing down your device????

Think of your home computer using an external drive, place one version on the external and one on the hard drive---which is accessed faster???? However, what is the program used for??? if it is a program not accessed that often, maybe SD is the way to go---especially if you're worred about storage on the phone.
Thanks for your help ffkip. I'm not worried about how much storage I have. I was just wondering if my phone would be faster. I'm worried about speed. Its a good idea though, putting programs I use often on the device and stuff I don't use much on my card. I'll try that
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Thanks for your help ffkip. I'm not worried about how much storage I have. I was just wondering if my phone would be faster. I'm worried about speed. Its a good idea though, putting programs I use often on the device and stuff I don't use much on my card. I'll try that
I am sure there is some minor speed differences between card and storage, but I've never really noticed. There are a few apps that don't run correctly from SD, but those are few.
However, if you do a lot of ROM flashing (you wouldn't be here if you didn't, right?), you may want to consider Either learning how to us Sashimi or XDA_UC to auto install your cabs on each flash, and set up various reg entries,etc.
What I used to do was to have a lot of my programs already installed on the SD, and just used Sashimi to copy the .lnk (shortcut) files into the start menu directory when I flashed a new setup. This had the benefit of some programs remembering certain settings, since it wasn't actually a new install, just re-setting the shortcut.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TUCH PRO2 CDMA
Carrier: RELIANCE

tinkuchoclates is a n00b

thats great rom but tell me one thing about rom wich is leatest rom? 23569 this one and other 1 Q if i have lic can i get full version rom if no program was crash? please tell i m waiting
Old 07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

i am used to using rstoyguy MS roms(starting from diamond-tp-tp2) and since he discontinued support for his TP2 ROMS i found your ROM and love it!!!(mobile shell 4eva!) few things though. In your latest (23659) the mute ring(while someone calling if you dont want to answer/reject but just want to mute ring) does not mute ring at all it continues ringing. The newest MS is 3.5.5(u still using 3.5.3) any reson u dont want to use the latest? Can you either remove iCOntacts or add in iDialer? If i install iDialer on top of existing iContact it does not show the bottom row in iDialer. Since u cannot remove installed iContact through add/remove programs one has to manually remove the files and then reinstall latest iContact and then iDialier and even then it does not work 100%(numbers dont dial through iDialer but try to go through regular dialer). Thanks for a great ROM and keep up a great work!!!

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

jamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjamio88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamio88 Send a message via Yahoo to jamio88

Ok well I just got this ROM and keep ending up in the Titanium (I think?) Shell (Just text, nothing fancy and no eye candy), Is there anyway that I can disable being able to do this?

I really hate the Titanium (again, I think?) "today screen". Also do I work this just like I would have on Sense (in order to make new folders for the Start Menu, I just use my File Explorer and create them in the Start Menu list?)

Thanks.
Kernel: #Mean-v0.5.1728
Old 07-16-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkuchoclates View Post
thats great rom but tell me one thing about rom wich is leatest rom? 23569 this one and other 1 Q if i have lic can i get full version rom if no program was crash? please tell i m waiting
Sorry I am not quite sure I understand your question. The latest is 23569, also not sure what you mean about licensing but you can put in your serail in for mobile shell if thats what your talking about.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Wink Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
i am used to using rstoyguy MS roms(starting from diamond-tp-tp2) and since he discontinued support for his TP2 ROMS i found your ROM and love it!!!(mobile shell 4eva!) few things though. In your latest (23659) the mute ring(while someone calling if you dont want to answer/reject but just want to mute ring) does not mute ring at all it continues ringing. The newest MS is 3.5.5(u still using 3.5.3) any reson u dont want to use the latest? Can you either remove iCOntacts or add in iDialer? If i install iDialer on top of existing iContact it does not show the bottom row in iDialer. Since u cannot remove installed iContact through add/remove programs one has to manually remove the files and then reinstall latest iContact and then iDialier and even then it does not work 100%(numbers dont dial through iDialer but try to go through regular dialer). Thanks for a great ROM and keep up a great work!!!
thanks for the comments, i have a base i have been using myself that will be public after some more fine tuning. The dialer issues are fixed, the text read count issue is fixed, using new mr2 verizon kernel and drivers with the ext base from the cellular south recent rom, many updated packages, also using new mr2 dialer 4.2 that sports the xl dialpad. My current build is 21667 and also will be keeping 23569(love threaded email).l will look into reported icontact issues for you. Also I am trying to iron out a more effiecent mobileshell ext using 3.5.5 base.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Smile Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
Ok well I just got this ROM and keep ending up in the Titanium (I think?) Shell (Just text, nothing fancy and no eye candy), Is there anyway that I can disable being able to do this?

I really hate the Titanium (again, I think?) "today screen". Also do I work this just like I would have on Sense (in order to make new folders for the Start Menu, I just use my File Explorer and create them in the Start Menu list?)

Thanks.
to disbale titanium you just goto \ start \ settings \ home \ items (tab) uncheck windows default. This disables titanium.

For folders you can do it that way or even easier use the tool included called program manager, its the best for managing your start menu very easily. (add folders, delete folders/items, rename, and move items around.)
Old 07-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Formula, how about the new HTC messengers floating around...are you able to incorporate them?
How about those mem tweaks I mentioned, any catch your eye?
Check software page, have a camera tweak that may be of some use. look for camera speed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms