PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro!
Carrier: Telus

jusetan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
1. Yes
2. Its the native SMS client skinned by me.
1. Can you upload a version of that Skin?
2. Is that in the lite version ?
3. possible to install it on a stock SPB setup- ?

Rom looks great!, latest build has been a little buggy. Swype is freezing the rom.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS
Carrier: Sprint

augozageek is becoming a great contributor
Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Can someone please tell me if the fb widget works now? also...is this basically the best spb mobile shell/sense rom to date? thanks in advanced

I had this rom a month ago, and im probablly about to use it again
Old 06-11-2010, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Can someone please tell me if the fb widget works now? also...is this basically the best spb mobile shell/sense rom to date? thanks in advanced

I had this rom a month ago, and im probablly about to use it again
I don't know about FaceBook (don't use it). But I can tell you that yes this is the best SPB MS Rom available.

Figured I'd chime in here since Formula may be too polite to answer that one directly
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:

I had this rom a month ago, and im probably about to use it again
FB works just that if it does not the first time, open IE and login using m.facebook.com after logging in close IE and attempt the FB widget again you should be successful.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The look of your ROM is dope and SPB mobile has always been super quick. Have you tried designing a Maxsense ROM with your flavor that bridges spb and sense more?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
The look of your ROM is dope and SPB mobile has always been super quick. Have you tried designing a Maxsense ROM with your flavor that bridges spb and sense more?
I have looked into MaxSense as of right now I don't think its worth my time trying to customize it yet, I feel like it has a lot to go still. I had thought about making ROMs with Sense in it as an alternate to MS but I just don't feel like dealing with Manilla so probably not.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Boost

allenh is a n00b

Thanks for the ROM. I prefer SPB over sense.
Question: With build 23569 I can't get the long press end to work. If I use build 23557 it does work. I used task 29 before installing each rom.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenh View Post
Question: With build 23569 I can't get the long press end to work. If I use build 23557 it does work. I used task 29 before installing each rom.
can someone explain what task 29 does? how can it benifit, and how do i get it? thanks
Old 06-12-2010, 08:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
can someone explain what task 29 does? how can it benifit, and how do i get it? thanks
Task29 is kind of like a memory format. When you flash a ROM you can't be 100% certain that all memory is erased. Some left over files/bits from your last ROM might cause trouble with your newest ROM.
If you flash to the Stock carrier ROM for your phone, it also formats all of the memory, creating a blank slate. Task 29 does the same thing, just does it a bit quicker, since it doesn't load a full OS, just clears memory and applies a boot screen.
You may see people talk of the 'Flash dance'. This is process of flashing a Stock Rom (or Task 29) before updating to the latest custom ROM to be sure there is no problem.
One last thing about Task 29. Since it doesn't load an OS, once you flash with it, you won't be able to use Activesync/Mobile Device Center to connect and flash your custom Rom. You will need to know how to put your phone into bootloader mode by hand.
Task 29 can be had here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenh View Post
Long Press End Key will not work because I am using Keyboard Controller, go to Settings -> System -> youll see keyboard Confg in there, this is where you can configure what each key does. This can be removed via Settings -> System -> remove programs. Although I am not sure if I cooked in Long Press End Key.

Keyboard Controller Layout Config:
Win Key:
Double click= Opera 10
Long press= SPB 3D Carousel
Back Key:
Double click= Rotate and Open Mail App
Long press= Close Open Application
(Keyboard) Mail Button = CTRL key (hold + C for copy, etc.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms