PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 06:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ohenebajoy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23563|6.5.5}{4/30}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

anybody know when the new build will be up?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Nillaz is a n00b
Re: {ROM}{23563|6.5.5}{4/30}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Hey Formula I've been running your ROM for a few days now. Overall I have to say this is easily my favorite implementation of SPB to date.

Most of the functions seem to run pretty smoothly, but I have come across a few (mostly) minor issues. If anyone has any insight into how to get these fixed I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure at least a couple of these have been addressed but frankly I don't have time to read through 100 pages in the thread!

1. Activesync seems to load into the background at completely random times. I can close it out and then it seems to reinitialize on it's own anywhere from minutes to hours later. I can't seem to pin it down to any one action that is triggering it.

2. I use the HTC calculator app and the graphics for about half of the buttons are corrupted. You can see what those buttons are but it looks like they have downrez'd to like 16 color .gif's. Anyone else experience this?

3. I cannot under any circumstances play a video file in Media Player. I have tried recording a couple different formats/resolutions with the camera (H.264 and MPEG4 @352x288 and 640x480, respectively) and no matter what combination is used Windows Media gives the error "The source filter for this file could not be loaded"

If anyone has a solution for these errors they would be greatly appreciated! Other than this thanks again Formula for an awesome ROM!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

Serofred is a n00b

Just my thoughts....

1. I have been dealing with windows mobile since before there were phones, just the old school hp and toshiba ppc's. Seems like the active sync is just a windows thing. It has happened on and off with pretty much every WM device I have had.

2. I would try to reinstall the rom. It doesn't happen with mine, sometimes a reinstall can fix it.

3. Havent tried this, so can't help ya.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker

Nillaz is a n00b

Thanks Serofred I'll try a reinstall when I get a chance this evening. I too have had many WM devices over the years and the activesync thing is definitely hit and miss. Prior to this ROM I was running Indagroove's SPB setup and I guess I got spoiled with Activesync only loading when I actually connected the phone to my PC. C'est la vie.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2/ EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

ohenebajoy is just getting started

Formula do you know when the new build will be up? thanks Bro.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Bugsy is becoming a great contributor

About the Movies in Media player... I was having the same issue. I just installed core player and gave up on MP. I assume MP needs codec installed just like in the full version.

If you're using an exchange server to sync your email, Activsync will always run to sync mail. It's normal behavior.

I'm also seeing the same isseue that I had on the last build.
When i create an SMS or a new email and start typing a persons name, only the first letter I type is used to filter the contacts.
For instance I start typing R and get all the name s with R, then type O and expect to get only names with RO in them. This is not thee case. after the R, it stops filtering.

Ideas?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: verizon

Zaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaphod-Beeblebrox is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post

I'm also seeing the same isseue that I had on the last build.
When i create an SMS or a new email and start typing a persons name, only the first letter I type is used to filter the contacts.
For instance I start typing R and get all the name s with R, then type O and expect to get only names with RO in them. This is not thee case. after the R, it stops filtering.

Ideas?
I also had seen some issues in that area. If I typed out several letters 'Richard' for example, it didn't seem to recognize it .. if I hit backspace 'Richar' .. then it might research. It was kind of hit or miss.

Formula, Have you looked at the COM3 builds (23118 out now?) They look like they might be a tad faster (Don't think threaded E-mail is native though).
Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
I also had seen some issues in that area. If I typed out several letters 'Richard' for example, it didn't seem to recognize it .. if I hit backspace 'Richar' .. then it might research. It was kind of hit or miss.

Formula, Have you looked at the COM3 builds (23118 out now?) They look like they might be a tad faster (Don't think threaded E-mail is native though).
I have tried 23XXX but always come back to 235XX overall seems to get the most overall polishing, I have not tried 23118 yet though.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Hey Formula I've been running your ROM for a few days now. Overall I have to say this is easily my favorite implementation of SPB to date.

Most of the functions seem to run pretty smoothly, but I have come across a few (mostly) minor issues. If anyone has any insight into how to get these fixed I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure at least a couple of these have been addressed but frankly I don't have time to read through 100 pages in the thread!

1. Activesync seems to load into the background at completely random times. I can close it out and then it seems to reinitialize on it's own anywhere from minutes to hours later. I can't seem to pin it down to any one action that is triggering it.

2. I use the HTC calculator app and the graphics for about half of the buttons are corrupted. You can see what those buttons are but it looks like they have downrez'd to like 16 color .gif's. Anyone else experience this?

3. I cannot under any circumstances play a video file in Media Player. I have tried recording a couple different formats/resolutions with the camera (H.264 and MPEG4 @352x288 and 640x480, respectively) and no matter what combination is used Windows Media gives the error "The source filter for this file could not be loaded"

If anyone has a solution for these errors they would be greatly appreciated! Other than this thanks again Formula for an awesome ROM!
Calculator was fixed in the last build, media player issues are resolved in the build coming, and active sync will always start on its own this is a MS thing. I choose to hide it using xTask and you can also choose to close automatically with xTask settings as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Lurker

Nillaz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
About the Movies in Media player... I was having the same issue. I just installed core player and gave up on MP. I assume MP needs codec installed just like in the full version.

If you're using an exchange server to sync your email, Activsync will always run to sync mail. It's normal behavior.
Good idea on installing CP, I'll download that and see how I make out.

What's going on with Activesync is just bizarre. I don't use an exchange server. The AS service just starts itself at random times, sometimes when I'm not using my phone at all. For example, this afternoon I shut the Activesync service down and sat my phone on the table while I went to work on my car. I came back about 20 minutes later and sure enough Activesync was running in the background again. I had literally not done a SINGLE THING with the phone, and received no calls, texts, etc. The funny thing is that it might behave for several hours and then will start loading itself repeatedly every couple minutes. If there was some rhyme or reason to it I might be able to narrow down just what is causing the behaviour but this just doesn't make any sense.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
spb mobile shell, spb ms