PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 03.03.11 Titanium ROM updates (21916,28244)

I am having a problem with random reboots. Not a bad problem - this happens maybe once or twice a week. At least that's how often I notice (the phone vibrates while in holster).

Any idea what may be causing this ? I am running 2.10 Neodium, no overclocking, Start Menu replaced with MMAppLauncher, HTC Task Manager disabled and replaced with QuickMenu. Other than MMAppL I used all apps for months on Sprint Stock ROM without issues.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
If I leave the phone alone, the power use drops down to about 56 mA just before screen turns off. This was the case with Sprint stock ROM and it's the same with Vin 2.10 ROM. I was surprised to find out, though, that with LockDevice installed, it never went below 150 mA. So even some small programs can cause extra battery drain. See if that's the case for you.
Good to know about that app.

56ma is still unacceptable to me.
I test with brightness at lowest setting.
I was at 45ma with Feb10 rom.
I was able to save 15ma more by replacing the 2.37radio with 2.35radio,
So back down to 30ma lowest,
that is usual Vin rom lowest for me.
I don't need any battery cabs not even my own,
except the usual nuebattery cab, for fast charging and other features

But then I left Feb rom & went bacK TO JAN NEO.
The only reason is that the newer sense holds onto ram faster without giving it back, compared to earlier sense.
I have not noticed any performance benefit at all anyway.

Quote:
I am having a problem with random reboots.
Sorry but this is an almost useless post without more information,
and MMAppLauncher is not the cause as I use it also.

Last edited by Maxx134; 03-16-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Maxx,
Thanks for good info as always. Are you still running Cookie 1.8.5 modified version? And, will you be posting that one sometime? For now, still running Mobile Shell but still used to Cookie interface more. Thanks again.

Gary
Old 03-17-2011, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
that with LockDevice installed, it never went below 150 mA. So even some small programs can cause extra battery drain. See if that's the case for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
That's not a universal truth with LockDevice. I use it in all of my ROMs and I see the same or less power drain I do with just a stock ROM (certainly drops below 150ma and is about 11-12 mA with the screen off). There's probably is a combination of ROM and/or software which may cause lockdevice to do that, but it doesn't happen to everyone.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Maxx,
Thanks for good info as always. Are you still running Cookie 1.8.5 modified version? And, will you be posting that one sometime? For now, still running Mobile Shell but still used to Cookie interface more. Thanks again.
Gary
No I reverted to a modded CHT1.7 for simplicity and speed.
Also uses less ram.
I was skinning it.
always something to add.
but will post soon prob in evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
That's not a universal truth with LockDevice. I use it in all of my ROMs and I see the same or less power drain I do with just a stock ROM (certainly drops below 150ma and is about 11-12 mA with the screen off). There's probably is a combination of ROM and/or software which may cause lockdevice to do that, but it doesn't happen to everyone.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I have only been using CHT lockscreen so I didn't know
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post

56ma is still unacceptable to me.
I test with brightness at lowest setting.
I was at 45ma with Feb10 rom.
I was able to save 15ma more by replacing the 2.37radio with 2.35radio,
So back down to 30ma lowest,
that is usual Vin rom lowest for me.
I don't need any battery cabs not even my own,
except the usual nuebattery cab, for fast charging and other features

But then I left Feb rom & went bacK TO JAN NEO.
The only reason is that the newer sense holds onto ram faster without giving it back, compared to earlier sense.
I have not noticed any performance benefit at all anyway.

Sorry but this is an almost useless post without more information,
and MMAppLauncher is not the cause as I use it also.
I don't test with lowest setting. I just watch the screen before it turns off. Battery life so far hasn't been an issue (knock on wood ).

The LockDevice issue was with Sprint Stock ROM. Anyway, I don't want to use LD because all it does is to invoke WM lock which uses about 2 mb more RAM than S2U2 and even more compared with Throttle Lock.

The random reboots - I really have no additional info... it just reboots. Hasn't happened in a while. Not a problem, at that rate.

An unrelated question - is it possible to redirect "All contacts" soft button in Sense to a 3rd party application (iContact) vs Sense contacts ? Using any contact app to find a person while driving is almost impossible without T9 search.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
An unrelated question - is it possible to redirect "All contacts" soft button in Sense to a 3rd party application (iContact) vs Sense contacts ? Using any contact app to find a person while driving is almost impossible without T9 search.
Man, I had to dig back to my Diamond days and read Drybonz old posts, but I think the app below can re-assign the softkeys to user-defined programs. I don't think I ever used it, but I think it does what you are looking for.

[APP][Update 2009/04/08] SSMaHo 0.0.4.0 - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Thank you, vin255764! you are man!

I've just flash your titanium ROM and love it, its beautiful background image in: splash image, ExtROM install progress...

Thanks to made, share & keep it up to date until now

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen

Last edited by tiger2wander; 03-19-2011 at 05:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

frostbite96 is a n00b

wondering if anybody else notices an issue with long vibration alerts for sms + mail, it seems to go off on my phone for a solid 2 seconds
any fixes for this?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite96 View Post
wondering if anybody else notices an issue with long vibration alerts for sms + mail, it seems to go off on my phone for a solid 2 seconds
any fixes for this?
Pick a shorter sound under sound and notifications for text & email notifications.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development