PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Touched Pro 2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: divorce yourselves from Microsoft Mobile operating systerms, HTC, and custom ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahriar5252 View Post
I have loaded all the major custom ROMs on my Sprint TP2: Sprint Lovers ROM, Sharkie's ROM, MaxSense ROM, and VINdow's Plutonium ROM. All of them have phone dialer issues. On the Plutonium ROM, sometimes the phone dialer does not come up when someone is calling me or the phone freezes. This problem occurs with or without CHT 2.0 installed.

In the Plutonium ROM, a bunch of apps are installed without anyway to remove them: AutoCallRecorder, ArcSwitch, IconChanger, PHMRegEdit, SIPChanger, SpbScreenShot, nueBattery, TarkimKeyboardController, and many more. In particular, I had nueBattery and Tarkim Keyboard Controller installed on my Touch Pro and TP2 running on the stock ROM for a long time. When I went to areas of low signal strength where the phone would constantly switch back and forth from Home and Roaming modes, the phone would slow down severely and not soft reset would remedy the problem. A hard reset was the way to go, and this was on the stock ROMs. I figured out that problem were these extra apps because they require much CPU and RAM on phones with limited capacity. Let's face it: these are things that if the manufacture does not build into the software the right way, we should not put it in there because they will cause fundamental problems for the device. Unfortunately, there was no way to remove these apps from the Plutonium ROM.

I know that VIN has worked very hard on this ROM, but if the dialer is not working properly, the device is not capable of its primary function, which is to make and receive calls.

The volume keys also do not work properly on the Plutonium ROM: they do nothing when I press and hold them to put the volume all the way up or all the way down. Instead, you have to click on the volume up or down repeatedly to make the volume go all the way up or down. The lock screen volume is also not connected to the dll of the HTCVolume program in the Window's folder, so the native MS volume control comes up if the user clicks on the Volume button of the lock screen when a call comes through.

I decided to do a task29 and go back to the HTC/Sprint stock ROM and not make any major modification to my TP2, and I will never try another stock ROM. It is just too time consuming to install everything, and I know developing the ROMs are even a greater time consumer. I have also learned that Microsoft and HTC just suck: there is no talent thus no good design in their product, and they don't do enough research to know what their customers want. Otherwise, so many people will not have to flash custom ROMs to try to remedy the deficiencies of their software and hardwares.

I am so disappointed in Microsoft and HTC because there were so many things that they could have easily fixed or developed that they did not. I will wait for the next generation of the SnapDragon chips, which are rumored to be multi-cored and to have 2 GHz clock speed to be released over the summer, and then I will fully divorce myself from both HTC and Microsoft (or should I say MicroSuck) despite having to pay full price for my next phone--I was stupid enough to use my discounts on buying TP2 last summer before EVO came out. I just hope Apple releases the iPhone 5 on Sprint in the summer, and I will go with that.

So far HTC/Microsoft phones have been a headache for me. I wanted their features, but they often malfunctioned. Oh well, Microsoft and HTC are old technology and bad thinking; it happens when you are a monopoly. And that's why the new Windows Phone is a loser. I don't think that Microsoft will make it in this market, and by next year they will stop their mobile software line. Before the iphone revolution, Microsoft had no competition: the other guys like blackberry were geared toward people that mainly wanted a good push email service not a pocket size computer. Well the iPhone changed that and the Android expanded on it. But the good thing is that the iPhone is well built and regular updates keep coming unlike Microsoft Window Mobile operating system.

So long custom ROMs! I hope you guys can find a fix for the phone dialer issues, but I recommend everyone to divorce himself from Microsoft Mobile operating system and move on. The software never worked well.

Hold on a segundo, por favor. You're barking up the wrong tree here, chief. I'm not really a "regular", but I will speak on this.

You hate microsoft so much that you not only bought a touch pro, but you went ahead and bought a tp2 also. That'll show those monopolists!

You complain about all the apps on the custom roms. Guess what? There is bloat on the stock roms too. You don't like arkswitch? Turn it off. That's what I do. Replace it with an app that doesn't consume so much ram. Do something. Neither Vin, nor your carrier or Microsoft should have to hold your hand when you operate your phone.

I have used a few roms and a few different rom builds from Vin. I have only had dialer problems once. I couldn't get the dialer to come up at all and I had no signal. It could have been a bad flash...probably user error of some sort. Guess what happened? I reflashed and no more dialer problems. You having problems with lag from apps that are just on your phone, but not running? Reflash. I don't see how apps that are just on your phone and not running can slow your phone down, but I don't know everything about roms.

Vin has worked hard on these roms. I'm not jock riding. It's just a fact. If everyone could do it, they would. If it was so easy to correct problems and put your signature style and making themes and all of that, people would be coming out with different builds everyday. It takes time to get things right...and I can't really complain. I mean, he's taking that time and releasing these roms to us for free. Yet you're complaining about it? If you don't like a custom rom, go to another one...or go to stock. Don't complain about a gift.

Please don't disrespect Vin, hijack his thread, and blog about the history of mobile phones. Nobody wants to be bothered with it. You want an "eye-toy", go get one. Don't come here and tell us to "divorce" anything. If you never used another custom rom, no one would have known or cared. You decided to share your "expert opinion" with us. Thanks....really. That's the problem with people nowadays. They're all spoiled and self-important and instead of doing things for themselves, they whine about it like anybody cares. Please don't let the door hit you in the butt.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc RhodiumW
Carrier: Movilnet

beto180 is a n00b
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Thanks Vin . , Just Great !!! for now only one issue with the rom. the alarm does not respond, Why buddy ??

Youre vogue roms was great... Now this rom are grat too for tp2.
Thanks men
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Talking Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto180 View Post
Thanks Vin . , Just Great !!! for now only one issue with the rom. the alarm does not respond, Why buddy ??

Youre vogue roms was great... Now this rom are grat too for tp2.
Thanks men

Verify sounds and notifications settings.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Re: divorce yourselves from Microsoft Mobile operating systerms, HTC, and custom ROMs

Quote:
I have loaded all the major ***
Wow man.

Really, speak your mind. What's REALLY bothering you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
We all dissapointed with WM shipped goodies.
I can tell you that iOS updates is not "real" updates.All they do is keep fighting with Cydia lol.The value of iPhone higher if it wasnt updated to 4.2 or 4.3.I have iphonish friends here and in russia....
I used to be a WM follower,but not anymore lol
I can't blame you, Vin. Winmo is kinda dying. But you've nailed the perfect ROM for me & my TP2, and I will be sticking with my TP2s for the time being. Just too many changes going on with pricing & hardware & Sprint's/TMO's networks. Thanks for all you've done, bro.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I have loaded all the major custom ROMs on my Sprint TP2: Sprint Lovers ROM, Sharkie's ROM, MaxSense ROM, and VINdow's Plutonium ROM.
Hey dude, you forget most of us have also loaded most all other top roms.
Yet this is the first time I hear of most problems you have,
(which usually to me means "user-error")

Amongst all the misleading dis-information of apps, lack of knowledge,
and out right bashing of the best roms in the TP2 threads, (especially singling out the best, Vinn's..)
I will try to be as nice as Vinn was, and actually help you with some advice..

You are only right about one thing.
You cannot handle WinMo, or any smartphone for that matter.

And you would probably be safe with only the most idiot proof of "smart-?-phones",
that any true geek would would hate because of it's controlling dumbness.

So go get an iphone and don't look back,
Not even to Win7 because that can be hacked as well.
Don't pick any phone that can be "modded",
because you obviously show you have a distaste for learning & making a phone better.

If that doesn't pan out, get a old Samsung Instinct
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc tp2 verizon
Carrier: vodaphone

krazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuffkrazydude knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18 View Post
Hi vin, just wondering if you were planning any upgrades to the 12-18 clean rom. I love it so far but I was wondering if you planned on upgrading it anytime soon. Also are there any plans to do a 29xxx version? I have been on energy rom so long that if I don't flash every other week I feel seriously left out. Force of habbit more than anything else to be honest. Other than that your roms are great. Thanx for your time cooking these great roms.
+1
couldnt agree more.
Please vin...a nice update (29007 series) sounds great.
I also use spb so a bare rom update will be perfect...
btw was on enrgy roms myself and have been on the Jan 3 plutonium since
so right now its your rom all the way and i can say that its smooth as hell!!!
thanks for the hardwork and cheers for the roms
just keep em coming dude!!!

phone pyramid
imate kjam to asus P527 to HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Hey dude, you forget most of us have also loaded most all other top roms.
Yet this is the first time I hear of most problems you have,
(which usually to me means "user-error")

Amongst all the misleading dis-information of apps, lack of knowledge,
and out right bashing of the best roms in the TP2 threads, (especially singling out the best, Vinn's..)
I will try to be as nice as Vinn was, and actually help you with some advice..

You are only right about one thing.
You cannot handle WinMo, or any smartphone for that matter.

And you would probably be safe with only the most idiot proof of "smart-?-phones",
that any true geek would would hate because of it's controlling dumbness.

So go get an iphone and don't look back,
Not even to Win7 because that can be hacked as well.
Don't pick any phone that can be "modded",
because you obviously show you have a distaste for learning & making a phone better.

If that doesn't pan out, get a old Samsung Instinct

heyyyyyyyyyyyy now, my wife has an Instinct---with a pretty pink bling case
Old 01-22-2011, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
heyyyyyyyyyyyy now, my wife has an Instinct---with a pretty pink bling case
LOL yea my brother had one too!
Just saying it was a best choice for that dude.
Simplicity & functionality, with Visual voicemail, web browser,
& nice vibe/touch screen.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

k0nkuzh0n is a n00b

Are Vin's ROMs mostly for verizon and sprint users? I am thinking about flashing, but I have US Cellular and it would be a waste of time if things didn't work because I was not on verizon/sprint, such as MMS.

TIA!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nkuzh0n View Post
Are Vin's ROMs mostly for verizon and sprint users? I am thinking about flashing, but I have US Cellular and it would be a waste of time if things didn't work because I was not on verizon/sprint, such as MMS.

TIA!
Vin's updates include for multicarrier too.

Edit= You shouldn't have any problems with them.

Last edited by GIZELLE; 01-22-2011 at 11:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development