PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G, Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ProDriver77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Been running this for 2 days now and I'm quite impressed! Battery life seems good, RAM staying down is AWESOME, and the speed & stability even with being a "power-user" has blown my mind.

Only mistake I made was using a RegEdit to change my left soft-key to "Camera", which unfortunately caused the lower taskbar to turn to "stock black" instead of the nice "eye candy" I like. A hard reset this morning and leaving the registry alone seems to solve that issue.

Keep up the great work Vin! I used to think Mike and X were the only ones who could make a good ROM for users like me, but you've truly stepped up to the plate and made yourself worthy!
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE
Thumbs up Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbond View Post
Hi guys: Flashed to rom
JAN.03.NEODIUM_RADIO_2.37.WV

after having major problems with several roms on my sprint touch pro 2. Everything is amazing thus far with the exception of texts - i cant send any. and the weather app gives me degrees in the teens all day even though I'm in LA. Any thoughts? Thanks!
1. To fix the no sent messages, just resend a message to yourself, open it and you are good to go. (what I mean is for you to go to text msg tab, select new sms msg, enter your phone in the send field and then tap send key)

2. To fix weather, tap weather, go to settings, then choose how many times you want to update weather. You can choose to update manually too by unchecking automatic.

3. To get better reception, download Vin's Sprint provisioning cab.

4. To get better battery life, besides downloading nuebattery cab (which in my opinion is the best batt saver) use common sense. The more automatic updates that you have checked, the more battery drain and its a fact. Save main memory by transfering those applications (that can be transferred) to sd card. These gives the Rom's main memory to move freely and with ease. This too, saves batt life.

5. Use of the Wifi, in extended period, also eats battery. Wifi cab not to go on stanby.

6. For emails, set you emails (don't recall how to do this) but to save it in sd card option.

7. TV, Football, Telenav and others can be either saved at sd card and/or downloaded in sd card. TV and Telenav separate cab

8. Among the cabs that are posted here, also keep these too. Keep them as part of your personal. I see newcomers which they will find them useful.

9. Common sense.

10. With Vin's updates, I did everything and put them to the extreme even the unthinkable (it is not waterproof).

Enjoy Updates and Merry Christmas to all!!!

edit- remove some cabs, need to verify them..

## codes.zip

WifiNoStandby.CAB

RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA_1.4.zip

Sprint Keyboard Fix.cab

tsowentaskbar3v1[1].4.zip

st.ppc420.arm.cab

LEAD Sprint TV 1.7.2108.582.0.cab

LEAD Sprint Navigation 2.1.42.0.cab

EmailSetupWizard.rar

implus_ppc.CAB

Last edited by GIZELLE; 01-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mmbond is becoming a great contributor

Thanks Gizelle: Will give each of those a shot later on. I love the rom, just having a few hiccups. Hopefully the fixes you've suggested will take care of those.

On another note, does anyone have issues with the alarm not ringing in silent mode even though set to do so?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

mmbond is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
If you haven't yet, install the sprint Imnuts Sprint MMS cab (found in the paperclip at the front of this thread... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5-20100204.cab

Check weather settings..sounds like it's still set as Celcius instead of Farenheit (weather tab, settings)
Realized the weather setting late last night while messing with my phone before falling asleep. Doh!

Will definitely try the MMS cab. Thanks for the suggestions dawinkley!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

not sure what happend but when i went to try and send a mms video ..i kinda picked the wrong file ..(way to big for mms lol) so when i realized it i pressed back and end key...to make long story short..when i restart the device...it totally soft rested its self so i had to start installing everything over again..that and when i click a contact to send a txt msg the area for the chat is complety black..those were my only two probs..

task 29 and everything ...but do you think the page pool being at 16 has anything to do with the sms txt being black?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff
Re: Jan.03.11 VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
Hey Gary,

I used to run Neo exlusively and I'm currently running Pluto with 2.37WV radio and battery life is excellent.
Thanks for input. Trying your combo and it is excellent on battery. Thanks again for great roms vin.

Gary
Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
Re: Jan.03.11 VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
which version? any additional cabs or reg edits???

VIN 1/3 Neo (radio 2.35) is rock solid. Best batti life I've seen in a while. running cht 2.0 but sill have 75mb free after running all day. off the charger for an hour, pulling email (2 accounts) every 10 min--10 SMS and still at 98% battery. 2.35 works great downtown seattle and bellevue and south to renton...full signal in the entire southend.

I just re-flashed the Pluto Rom, that will probably fix it. Thanks for the response, and a BIG THANK YOU, VIN, for probably "THE BEST ROM" I've flashed.

Cabs installed:

Last edited by pl0323; 01-05-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: edit
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
ffkip911,
Thanks for your post with cabs. Just wondering, you don't run both startmenu replacement cabs at same time do you? Which one do you prefer and thanks.

Gary

I run both---on 6.5.x I run one more that totaly romoves the original start menu...mmaplauncher is a lighter start menu than original

edit: screen after SR and stabilized for 5 min....a bit low because MMaplauncher, SPB screenshot, are running

edit 2: if any of my fine friends can run a net speed test for me, can you do a pre and post install on this cab to see it's effects?

Edit 3: You need to edit your Registry by going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings and create two new DWords: first one is MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server with a decimal value of 32 and the second is MaxConnectionsPerServer with a decimal value of 16, followed by a Soft Reset.
found here: http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/al...internet-speed

and another with the same info: http://www.wmskins.com/blog/how-to-i...indows-mobiles
Surfing Internet on Mobiles can be boring when pages takes ages to load, No matter what technology i.e GPRS, EDGE, 3G you are using there is always a desire to get ore juice from the internet connection. Here is a tip to get that juice on Windows Mobile.
Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD Value, and then add the following registry values:
Value name: MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
Value data: 32
Base: Decimal
Value Name: MaxConnectionsPerServer
Value data: 16
Base: Decimal
Exit Registry Editor.
then softreset

Edit 4: this DOES work:
"Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=368690

through all the reg edits, the cab I posted does not do anything to the reg edits I've posed above---since I've already loaded it, can someone do a pre and post install??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (5.8 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB (1.3 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ffkip911; 01-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

jhouston is a n00b
How to display City & State on incoming calls?

Does anyone know how to restore the display of the state from which a call is being received, similar to what the stock Sprint Windows Mobile 6.5 build does?

I read a thread on this topic here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ort-added.html

By the way, I'm using the 12-07-10 version of Pluto.

From what I gather in the above thread, the Verizon dialer might have something to do with the state not being displayed, but I'm not sure.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jhouston; 01-05-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for the voice mail notification, I am using the latest 1-3 Neo.

I could not find it anywhere, anyone knows where it is or if there is one in this rom?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by proxhack; 01-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development