PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: June 01/2010 Co0kies with Anastasia flavor (Sense 2013,SYS 23569/21905)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Lmao!!! Yes man that Smiley was hilarious.. Smiley got backhanded too tho. Where do u find these things??
real men dont play with smileys...stay clean yp....lol
Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon tp2
Carrier: verizon

jaydowser is just getting started
Re: May 30/2010 Plutonium Co0kie Sense 2013,SYS 23569

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Which version are you running? I know Vin uploaded V2 to try and improve battery life.
i'm pretty sure i'm running v2. been flashing so many of vinn's roms lately i'm not sure. will check in a bit and get back to you...
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydowser View Post
i agree. is anyone else noticing signifigant battery drain on anastasia? i routinely get 8-9 hours out of the battery in the device and the 2 extras i carry around with me.

now i'm getting 4hrs max on each. settings are all the same on my end.

plus, unit is really, really WARM. all the time. super HOT when i get to using it.

any suggestions on what may be different?
Yeah man I too was noticing this and here is what I did to improve my battery significantly. I do change my polling interval from 5000 to 20000. Not sure if that saves any battery at all, but thats just what I do. I also set facebook to update every 2 hours (like I have a choice), Twitter to update every 4 hours, and weather to update every 3 hours. I also go into the power from settings-systems and change the backlight from auto to manuel and change the backlight off the charger to 30%(hard to see in the direct sun light, but who stays out in the sun to play with their phone?)lol, I also set it to go to standby when not in use for 30 secs and to turn off every minute. Those are the setting I use. Now for the hot battery here is what I do and it works fairly well. While the phone is on, take out the battery. The battery itself should be on fire!! I just keep it out until it cools down completely. Usually like 5 minutes or so and then reinstall and power up. Now just make sure to close out all unnecessary programs through the arkswitch and got back into the settings for backlight and check the boxes to automatically turn your phone off. When you take out your battery while the phone is still on it resets those settings so you have to go back afterwards and set them back. That SHOULD do it. If not....As Darren would tell you...."Get a new battery!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Which version are you running? I know Vin uploaded V2 to try and improve battery life.
+1 Ive noticed a tremendous amount of battery saved after reflashing to V2. I went 4 hours yesterday and after some real heavy usage...I mean heavy...I dropped to 76%. Not bad for the TP2. Best 6.5.x battery usage Ive gotten in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
real men dont play with smileys...stay clean yp....lol
HAHAAA!! Man Flyers I can always depend on you for a good laugh.

Last edited by youngpro83; 06-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

donato is just getting started

Looks like cookie 1.8 to be released soon. He is just finishing up the language translations before release. Supposed to have all lockscreen issues fixed and improved speed.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon tp2
Carrier: verizon

jaydowser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Yeah man I too was noticing this and here is what I did to improve my battery significantly. I do change my polling interval from 5000 to 20000. Not sure if that saves any battery at all, but thats just what I do. I also set facebook to update every 2 hours (like I have a choice), Twitter to update every 4 hours, and weather to update every 3 hours. I also go into the power from settings-systems and change the backlight from auto to manuel and change the backlight off the charger to 30%(hard to see in the direct sun light, but who stays out in the sun to play with their phone?)lol, I also set it to go to standby when not in use for 30 secs and to turn off every minute. Those are the setting I use. Now for the hot battery here is what I do and it works fairly well. While the phone is on, take out the battery. The battery itself should be on fire!! I just keep it out until it cools down completely. Usually like 5 minutes or so and then reinstall and power up. Now just make sure to close out all unnecessary programs through the arkswitch and got back into the settings for backlight and check the boxes to automatically turn your phone off. When you take out your battery while the phone is still on it resets those settings so you have to go back afterwards and set them back. That SHOULD do it. If not....As Darren would tell you...."Get a new battery!"

+1 Ive noticed a tremendous amount of battery saved after reflashing to V2. I went 4 hours yesterday and after some real heavy usage...I mean heavy...I dropped to 76%. Not bad for the TP2. Best 6.5.x battery usage Ive gotten in a while.

HAHAAA!! Many Flyers I can always depend on you for a good laugh.
TURNS OUT i'm using 23569 v3 cookie. not even anastasia..

downloading v2 anastasia cookie now...hopefully there are no battery drain/heating issues.

sorry for the confusion...
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Smile HQ Wallpaper Cabs

VIN I see that in the sense mods you can use either BG4ALL or HQ if we use the HQ do we have to also install the Cookie Monster HQ Wallpaper patch or is that already done we just have to either find or make the cabs and install to device? Do you have some HQ Wallpapers already made up stored some place in the ROM that I have missed? Thanks in advance for your response as I have not used HD wallpaper mod since switching to 6.5.x and I don't want to do anything to mess up this awesome ROM nor do I want to slow it down period and that is the truth lol lol
Old 06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

young, i thought"polling interval" was set to 20,0000 on custom roms, post the reg entry to get to it, i wanna check but you are changing yours?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydowser View Post
TURNS OUT i'm using 23569 v3 cookie. not even anastasia..

downloading v2 anastasia cookie now...hopefully there are no battery drain/heating issues.

sorry for the confusion...
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE HIIIM!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
young, i thought"polling interval" was set to 20,0000 on custom roms, post the reg entry to get to it, i wanna check but you are changing yours?
LOL....Too many 0's there bud. But yeah I am having to change mine. Vin, Mighty, and Chris Sprint Lovers are the 3 main ROMS ive used latley and I have had to go in and manually change my P.I. from 5000 to 20000. The reg is:HKLM-DRIVERS-BUILTIN-BATTERY.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:26 PM
337 L.V.

Duplicate post from my phone had to edit so disregard.

Last edited by youngpro83; 06-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

do i need to thank both posts? i saw the extra 0 but was too lazy to fix it. thanx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development