View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
youngpro83
337 L.V.

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: June 01/2010 Co0kies with Anastasia flavor (Sense 2013,SYS 23569/21905)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydowser View Post
i agree. is anyone else noticing signifigant battery drain on anastasia? i routinely get 8-9 hours out of the battery in the device and the 2 extras i carry around with me.

now i'm getting 4hrs max on each. settings are all the same on my end.

plus, unit is really, really WARM. all the time. super HOT when i get to using it.

any suggestions on what may be different?
Yeah man I too was noticing this and here is what I did to improve my battery significantly. I do change my polling interval from 5000 to 20000. Not sure if that saves any battery at all, but thats just what I do. I also set facebook to update every 2 hours (like I have a choice), Twitter to update every 4 hours, and weather to update every 3 hours. I also go into the power from settings-systems and change the backlight from auto to manuel and change the backlight off the charger to 30%(hard to see in the direct sun light, but who stays out in the sun to play with their phone?)lol, I also set it to go to standby when not in use for 30 secs and to turn off every minute. Those are the setting I use. Now for the hot battery here is what I do and it works fairly well. While the phone is on, take out the battery. The battery itself should be on fire!! I just keep it out until it cools down completely. Usually like 5 minutes or so and then reinstall and power up. Now just make sure to close out all unnecessary programs through the arkswitch and got back into the settings for backlight and check the boxes to automatically turn your phone off. When you take out your battery while the phone is still on it resets those settings so you have to go back afterwards and set them back. That SHOULD do it. If not....As Darren would tell you...."Get a new battery!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
Which version are you running? I know Vin uploaded V2 to try and improve battery life.
+1 Ive noticed a tremendous amount of battery saved after reflashing to V2. I went 4 hours yesterday and after some real heavy usage...I mean heavy...I dropped to 76%. Not bad for the TP2. Best 6.5.x battery usage Ive gotten in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
real men dont play with smileys...stay clean yp....lol
HAHAAA!! Man Flyers I can always depend on you for a good laugh.

Last edited by youngpro83; 06-03-2010 at 03:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.