PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
Any ideas to the voice mail notification issue on the latest Jan.03.VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)-No CHT

Thank you
sorry bro--using cht 2.0 haven't played around with 6.5 straight in a while (i honestly cant remember if there was even a voice mail alert--I know there's a missed call?????)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
my VC starts with long send or via BT while running MMapplauncher
Thanks. What I mean is, when VC is invoked, MMAPPLauncher launces even when I ask for signal strength or any other voice command. I wish it would not launch each time VC is invoked.

Gary
Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: Jan.03.11 VINdows ROMs (Neo All in One update Radio 2.37 WV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Thanks for the attachments. Very nice list. I gotta try 'em out. Hopefully, no weird side effects !

What are the benefits of nueBattery besides the fast charge and 1% display? I'm not currently using it because I heard fast charging may be bad for your TP2 battery's long term life.

supposed to be reg edits in there to maximize battery performance and use---I've used fast charge since the cab first came out with my tp1 and now tp2 (because bati life used to really suck) and have not had any bati problems---that's not saying there isn't the possibility of it, just none that I have seen.

I've been running both reg edits (for internet) with the cab. as far as actual use, groovemobile and slacker stay connected in areas I usually have them drop (I was running 2.35 yesterday and had internet drops in my usual spots, but good signal) no drops today. What these actually do----I couldn't tell ya, that's why I linked the site.

I haven't had anything wompy happen, bati life is the same, core speed is the same, no lags---and no, it's not like internet on steroids...just fewer drops and faster loadtimes (a bit--nothing breathtaking) since I'm getting fewer drops, I'm going to stick with the edits--my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Thanks. What I mean is, when VC is invoked, MMAPPLauncher launces even when I ask for signal strength or any other voice command. I wish it would not launch each time VC is invoked.

Gary

mmap does not launch when I long press send---only VC activates
Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP, TP2, EVO

GIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on repGIZELLE is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to GIZELLE Send a message via Yahoo to GIZELLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbond View Post
I have the setting selected "sound alarms even when device is set to silent or vibrate" but it isn't working. First thing I did after flashing the rom yesterday and no go.
Ok, never used the silent mode 'cause at time of alarm never woke me up.

ffkip911, can you help with this, silent mode never work for me.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
supposed to be reg edits in there to maximize battery performance and use---I've used fast charge since the cab first came out with my tp1 and now tp2 (because bati life used to really suck) and have not had any bati problems---that's not saying there isn't the possibility of it, just none that I have seen.

I've been running both reg edits (for internet) with the cab. as far as actual use, groovemobile and slacker stay connected in areas I usually have them drop (I was running 2.35 yesterday and had internet drops in my usual spots, but good signal) no drops today. What these actually do----I couldn't tell ya, that's why I linked the site.

I haven't had anything wompy happen, bati life is the same, core speed is the same, no lags---and no, it's not like internet on steroids...just fewer drops and faster loadtimes (a bit--nothing breathtaking) since I'm getting fewer drops, I'm going to stick with the edits--my 2 cents.
Thanks. I'll use the nueBattery driver then; what are the settings you're using for nueBattery (fast charge, 1% reporting?).

I was on 2.37 yesterday; just installed 2.35 today. Do you know which is better? One thing for sure, I know it's better than Sprint's 2.32 in terms of reception sensitivity.

I installed the SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.cab you posted and the registry edits didn't stick. I guess I'll do it manually.
EDIT: I stand corrected; the cab works. In your post, you said HKEY_CURRENT_USER but the cab installs it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM); which one is the correct one?

Last edited by ndno; 01-05-2011 at 08:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Thanks. I'll use the nueBattery driver then; what are the settings you're using for nueBattery (fast charge, 1% reporting?).

I was on 2.37 yesterday; just installed 2.35 today. Do you know which is better? One thing for sure, I know it's better than Sprint's 2.32 in terms of reception sensitivity.

I installed the SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.cab you posted and the registry edits didn't stick. I guess I'll do it manually.
EDIT: I stand corrected; the cab works. In your post, you said HKEY_CURRENT_USER but the cab installs it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (HKLM); which one is the correct one?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, you found where the SH4Y's cab installs the regedits---I was looking under hkcu and didn't see changes is so I assumed was doing something magical. Both of the links I referenced say to put it under hkcu and not hklm. but I'm running the edits in hkcu + sh4y + the second regedit----nothing wompy. I did revert back to the original setting on the second reg edit and did notice grovemoble was lagging, so put the edit setting back in place... Windows Mobile 6.1. I went into with resco registry editior and changed HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms and changed the TimerWheelSize to Value of 5 and soft reset via software reset.

I'm deleting SH4y's and just using the 2 reg edits...I never realized any vast improvement with SH4Y's, but it never hurt anything either
Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZELLE View Post
Ok, never used the silent mode 'cause at time of alarm never woke me up.

ffkip911, can you help with this, silent mode never work for me.
alright, I'm running cht 2.0 neo 2.35 sprint.
ring - silent
system -on

no calls, sms still alerts, mail still alerts, alarm comes through

ring - silent
system - silent
no alerts, no ring, no alarm

selected "sound alarm even if phone is set to silent"
ring - silent
system - silent
no calls, no sms, no email, ALARM RINGS?????

the only thing that is different that I can see is that i'm running cht
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Quote:
mmap does not launch when I long press send---only VC activates
Maybe it is something with Pluto builds and not Neo. Guess I can flash back to doublecheck that one although I enjoy slightly bigger fonts in Pluto.

Gary
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Maybe it is something with Pluto builds and not Neo. Guess I can flash back to doublecheck that one although I enjoy slightly bigger fonts in Pluto.

Gary
yep, i bet that's it---good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development