PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Oct 24 Plutonium-TEST ROM.SYS 28240,Sense 2019 core

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Its too quiet here.No bugs or no ROM users?
Your latest Pluto is running buttery smooth here too. Plus it still has incredible battery life, like all your previous Pluto builds.

Many thanks once again Vin.
Cheers,
R

*Sprint TP2 with a solid 6.5.x ROM by Vin255764 & Radio 2.32.00WU
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
waiting for cht final
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Still on 10-17 (way better than the test ROM) with CHT 2.0 on top if it. Only complaint is the occasional Sense screen flicker, which goes away when i swipe the page. i don't know if that's a ROM issue or a CHT issue, but I end up with about %70 battery at the end of the day. Pretty good.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Yup! 10-17 made me a believer in 6.5.X ROMS. I get the flicker periodically too btw.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

Your 10-17 (my birthday, btw) pluto has converted me to 6.5.x. I have cht on top of it. I have been a die hard fan of 6.5 until this one. I tried to switch back when you put out the latest neo, but apparently I like pluto more now.

I haven't noticed the flicker you are talking about.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
10-17 w/ cht cabbed in. smooth, great battery life...typical!

also waiting for cht final... FTW!!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

webxplore is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Only issue in your latest offering is still with Yahoo! mail setup.
Did the setup you suggested and that worked on the previous version on your latest and still wont fully connect and download email when I can see the mail on my IPad or even PC

No real issue other than that and thats an extremely minor one at best

DD
Agree with this...I have the same issue using the latest plutonium(10/24). To get around this,I started using Sprint Mobile email client and has been working flawlessly with yahoo. However, suddenly starting Sunday night, I have been experiencing extremely sluggish behavior. Found via task manager that "mailwatcher.exe" is taking up 85-90% cpu causing the battery to drain within in an hour or so and the phone gets hot as if I am on the phone all along. Battery usage has been awesome with this ROM with atleast 50% remaining by the end of the day(recharge each night). Uninstalling this app seems to have resolved this for now but I am still puzzled with this. I have not installed any new apps since the test rom released (installed cht). Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited by webxplore; 11-03-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by webxplore View Post
Agree with this...I have the same issue using the latest plutonium(10/24). To get around this,I started using Sprint Mobile email client and has been working flawlessly with yahoo. However, suddenly starting Sunday night, I have been experiencing extremely sluggish behavior. Found via task manager that "mailwatcher.exe" is taking up 85-90% cpu causing the battery to drain within in an hour or so and the phone gets hot as if I am on the phone all along. Battery usage has been awesome with this ROM with atleast 50% remaining by the end of the day(recharge each night). Uninstalling this app seems to have resolved this for now but I am still puzzled with this. I have not installed any new apps since the test rom released (installed cht). Has anyone experienced this?
delete yahoo mail setup and use startmenu>messaging>messaging>new email setup.that one is from ms sys and works fine with yahoo.
If setup done via sense tab,yahoo not going to work.Its the 28xxx sys issue,because htc email wizzard+ yahoo works fine on Neo ROM.Hopefully new 5.x leaks will fix that bug.

Last edited by vin255764; 11-03-2010 at 08:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
delete yahoo mail setup and use startmenu>messaging>messaging>new email setup.that one is from ms sys and works fine with yahoo.
If setup done via sense tab,yahoo not going to work.Its the 28xxx sys issue,because htc email wizzard+ yahoo works fine on Neo ROM.Hopefully new 5.x leaks will fix that bug.

Vin,

Ive tried both methods (from sense and from start>messaging>... ) and neither are connecting and downloading any mail, Im really not that worried myself over it just curious if others were experiencing the same issues as well as I am.. Havent had to the time to reflash and try again with it being finals week at my job and getting everything prepped and all but friday on I will have time to try and see if I can find something more defined causing it

thanks

DD

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Metro PCS

randy91300zx is a n00b

had oct 17ths plutonium and after say a week of use sense freezes up and nothing works even after soft resetting....reflash is the only way i solved the issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development