PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *4/21* *S3-ROM r12* *WM6.5(21901.5.0.92)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

I think the problem that he will find is that this ROM has basically become a Sprint only ROM.

Dont get me wrong. I loved this ROM. Definitely my favorite. But the last two versions have not worked for any other carrier but Sprint due to the fact that it tries to register on the Sprint network every time any programs touches the internet. (Before I get flamed -> Yes, I realize there is a S vs N version of the ROM - it still doesn't work.)

If that is no longer the case, someone correct me. I would love to switch back.
If you look back at the last dozen pages, you can see that the only folks commenting on this ROM are all on Sprint. That is most likely because they are the only ones who can use it.

Last edited by Longview; 06-02-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 / tp2
Carrier: boost cdma

abhijeetpal is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
yes this rom runs very smoothly, don't know how it is compared to Mr. X's but this is a very nice basic rom that's not loaded with a bunch of crap, it has nice icons and overall a great rom, you shouldn't be disappointed if you flash to it, and if you don't like it let me know and I'll refund your money!
will take your word for it... flashing it now
Thnx
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
I think the problem that he will find is that this ROM has basically become a Sprint only ROM.

Dont get me wrong. I loved this ROM. Definitely my favorite. But the last two versions have not worked for any other carrier but Sprint due to the fact that it tries to register on the Sprint network every time any programs touches the internet. (Before I get flamed -> Yes, I realize there is a S vs N version of the ROM - it still doesn't work.)

If that is no longer the case, someone correct me. I would love to switch back.
If you look back at the last dozen pages, you can see that the only folks commenting on this ROM are all on Sprint. That is most likely because they are the only ones who can use it.
No flaming from me, as you might be right, but if I was someone on another carrier I would at least try it, if it doesn't work run a provisioning cab and make sure your carrier settings are correct and it should work, now I do agree with you that it would be nice if the rom had all the different provisions built in and you just pick your carrier and ran that like the other roms do, but I'm just an end user like everyone else it's up to Deck to decide if he's going to do that.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I started using this ROM at r2 and loved it.
At r11.5, the provisioning no longer worked - always tried to contact the sprint network.
When r12 came out, it was the same problem.
Also, this was right around the time that vzw and other carriers changed their MMS gateways so that the HTC MMS no longer worked. I looked back in this thread and the last post I made was after I tried r12 and reported back that MMS still didn't work correctly. Most of the other ROMS were also broken with MMS, but eventually others came out with working ROMs. Since deck was absent from the forums, I jumped ship to other ROMs, but always still read this thread any time there is a new posting. I keep waiting for that sign that it is time to "come home".

I will definitely install r13 (or whatever deck is coming out with) and give it a try.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:58 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

http://deck.alexauv.com/r13b1.rar

-deck
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
Ah an update, will download and try it out later, thanks deck. Any known issues with the ROM?

Last edited by KIOWA69; 06-04-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:

Thanks for the update Deck - I'll give it a try in a bit.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know what the differences/updates are from r12 to r13b1?
Old 06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
thanx deck, man you sneak updates in. lol
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Android Soldier

hey deck how about updating the first post and the thread so that people see that you updated the rom and give it a try, just a suggestion.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development