PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
quoted from twitter.
"@kushdeck tweeting from the first build of r9 with manila cfc compressed. "

-deck
i have a question about using a cfc compressed rom ... if we use mods that have manila files that are not cfc compressed, would this cause issues with the mix of cfc compressed rom/non-cfc compressed mods?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
This MMS fix is on the Mighty Rom thread, anyone had success with it?

Sprint

To Get Your MSID Number Dial ##778
Server name: Your Choice
IP Address: Blank
Port Number: 80
Server Address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/MMS?X-SPRINT-MDN="YOUR MSID NUMBER"
Connect Via: Whatever you data connection is
Send Limit: 1024 KB
I've had no luck with this for Sprint. I set Connect Via to 'Sprint' since its not really clear above.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
quoted from twitter.

-deck
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I will give this a try & post back with my results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
This MMS fix is on the Mighty Rom thread, anyone had success with it?

Uhh the quoted seg from the Mighty thread left an important part out which has been beat like a dead horse at the dog food factory. YOU CAN RECEIVE MMS IN HTC MSG BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEND (Thanks kj...I get a lil backwards when I type to fast...). This is noted almost once per page anymore it seems........

Several Sprint users, and myself (who uses VZW but hooked a buddies Sprint phone up with S3 & MMS)....have posted all that needs to be done on multiple occasions. deck covers it in the first couple of posts even....AND AGAIN......CMYLXGO has a thread dedicated to this issue and a cab fix that has all the needed parts put together into one cab that WORKS. I will post a link to his thread so anyone having trouble s can go there and READ how it works and what it does. HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109222

.......Sorry....just that the thread for this Sweat A$$ ROM is getting cluttered with pages of the same question and huge quotes for...Sprint MMS....which is not an issue specific to this ROM....it is specific to Sprint users and Manila 2.5., which is why CMY made a thread for it. Anyone who has been to any other major ROM chefs thread knows what I am saying because they are the same way, if compiled the Sprint MMS ?s would take up PAGES & Pages of the threads body of content which is sad. "How do I get Sprint MMS to work on this ROM" is as bad as droppin F bombs anymore in other threads it is so played out. I understand there is alot of info out there and it may be confusing to new comers BUT SEARCH is your friend. I just don't want to have this thread to turn the same way.....This ROM is way toooooooo goooooood to have most of it's conversation be about a Standard work around for almost ALL 2.5 ROMs.

But then again decks S3 is sooooo gooood that there isn't alot of anything else others need help with........

off my soapbox now.......

Last edited by Whotahn; 02-20-2010 at 06:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
quoted from twitter.

-deck

You da man!!

-
Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

actually you may want 2 edit da part bout sending threw htc but cant recieve, its da other way round. YOU CAN RECEIVE W/ HTC MESSAGING BUT NOT SEND!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Indeed.

Uhh the quoted seg from the Mighty thread left an important part out which has been beat like a dead horse at the dog food factory. YOU CAN SEND FROM HTC MSG BUT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE. This is noted almost once per page anymore it seems........

Several Sprint users, and myself (who uses VZW but hooked a buddies Sprint phone up with S3 & MMS)....have posted all that needs to be done on multiple occasions. deck covers it in the first couple of posts even....AND AGAIN......CMYLXGO has a thread dedicated to this issue and a cab fix that has all the needed parts put together into one cab that WORKS. I will post a link to his thread so anyone having trouble s can go there and READ how it works and what it does. HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109222

.......Sorry....just that the thread for this Sweat A$$ ROM is getting cluttered with pages of the same question and huge quotes for...Sprint MMS....which is not an issue specific to this ROM....it is specific to Sprint users and Manila 2.5., which is why CMY made a thread for it. Anyone who has been to any other major ROM chefs thread knows what I am saying because they are the same way, if compiled the Sprint MMS ?s would take up PAGES & Pages of the threads body of content which is sad. "How do I get Sprint MMS to work on this ROM" is as bad as droppin F bombs anymore in other threads it is so played out. I understand there is alot of info out there and it may be confusing to new comers BUT SEARCH is your friend. I just don't want to have this thread to turn the same way.....This ROM is way toooooooo goooooood to have most of it's conversation be about a Standard work around for almost ALL 2.5 ROMs.

But then again decks S3 is sooooo gooood that there isn't alot of anything else others need help with........

off my soapbox now.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:29 PM
carvation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im having an annoyance, rather than a problem on 8.5. the text messaging notifier always shows 1 unread message although i have none sometimes it goes away after 10 min , and it goes away when i erase all text message. i did do the M2.5.Sprint.MMS.Arcsoft Workaround-CMYLXGO, is anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvation View Post
im having an annoyance, rather than a problem on 8.5. the text messaging notifier always shows 1 unread message although i have none sometimes it goes away after 10 min , and it goes away when i erase all text message. i did do the M2.5.Sprint.MMS.Arcsoft Workaround-CMYLXGO, is anyone else having this problem?
Try this...
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:59 PM
carvation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
Try this...
im having trouble installing this is there a special way of doing this
Old 02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvation View Post
im having trouble installing this is there a special way of doing this
Unzip the file on your PC.
Transfer the EXE to your phone.
Run it.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

I'm running s3-ROM r.7 and having a power issue. When the TP2 is locked, something will wake it up and leave the screen on with backlight dimmed and the unlock screen displayed. I've checked all the power settings and they are properly set so that it should power down after a short interval, but something is turning it on and then keeping it on. This happens even after I've done a soft reset and launched no applications. It will shut off and lock after the appropriate interval, but once it wakes up on its own it will stay on with the backlight dimmed which slowly drains the battery. I don't know if this is an issue with the ROM itself or with something I have installed. I understand that something like mail polling every two hours for example, might turn the screen on briefly, but it should not stay lit beyond the 1 minute interval I have set in the power menu. Any particular apps I should investigate or settings I should look into? Here's what's in my "Remove Programs" menu:

AP Mobile News
hypest Barcorama
Microsoft My Phone
Eraser85 Change Start menu Icons
Kinoma Play
Samsung Midomi
PortSIP
Microsoft Tellme
Trapster
Spb Backup
nanoGroove
CoOkie's Home Tab
tarkim Keyboard Controller
Omega One 1-Calc

Last edited by borntochill; 02-19-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development