PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

The only thing i do for picture messaging following a flash is install the arcsoft cab and then the elephant fix and reset.
i go to htc album, select a picture, click send thru mail (not message), then select picture message. once the picture comes in, i go to the email application, sms/mms, and click the message to see the picture.
hope this helps, let me know if i wasnt clear about something. ill also test it to my fiances blackberry tonite to make sure it works, but im pretty sure ive already done it and it works.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

just so i have this straight the sleep of death is when u push the power button to turn off the screen and then no matter how many times u push the start button again the screen wont turn back on.Im using most the same apps/programs that ive been using since R1 and R2,with the exception of the new Maxmanilla 3.0 instead of the older Maxmanila builds ive used on ur roms like the 2.7 build and the 2.82 build.Actually i am using all the same apps/programs that i used on the R7 rom with no problems.I did another hard-reset and for the last 3 or 4 hours everythings been fine.So hopefully that hard-reset took care of it.thanks.and ill post any bugs or problems i find or hav with the new R8.5.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
The only thing i do for picture messaging following a flash is install the arcsoft cab and then the elephant fix and reset.
i go to htc album, select a picture, click send thru mail (not message), then select picture message. once the picture comes in, i go to the email application, sms/mms, and click the message to see the picture.
hope this helps, let me know if i wasnt clear about something. ill also test it to my fiances blackberry tonite to make sure it works, but im pretty sure ive already done it and it works.
oh ok - i thought you were referring to the htc messaging client. yea elephants fix has his pros/cons and so does CMYLXGO fix.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chaosbuzz is a n00b

Hey Deck, I am a frequent user of you ROMs and I just wanted to let you know that on SSS 8 I was getting the sleep of death (where you can't power on the screen) 4-5 times since yesterday. No programs installed-just stock. I just hard reseted and things are a little better. I also have problems with the SMS freeze (you open the keyboard in an mms and the phone locks) requiring numerous hard resets-again with no programs installed but stock.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbuzz View Post
Hey Deck, I am a frequent user of you ROMs and I just wanted to let you know that on SSS 8 I was getting the sleep of death (where you can't power on the screen) 4-5 times since yesterday. No programs installed-just stock. I just hard reseted and things are a little better. I also have problems with the SMS freeze (you open the keyboard in an mms and the phone locks) requiring numerous hard resets-again with no programs installed but stock.
Did you install the new 8.5 found in the 1st post?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosbuzz View Post
This is exactly why he released R8.5. i was having the same problems frequently and couldnt take it, so i went back to r7. however, after i went to r8.5, havent had a single sod. try flashing this new version and you should be good to go.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand525 View Post
hi - so you're saying you can send from htc album? i'm asking bc i thought our problem was always that we could not send in htc but could only receive in htc album (sprint users). it seems that you are now describing the reverse scenario?

what was your setup steps exactly? fresh flash, update server path to your cell#, install this arcsoft, then install elephant's fix?
Elephant's fix is the closest I've seen to getting MMS to work with Manila.
Install the arcsoft version in #1314 post and then Elephant's fix.

I dont understand how but this will let you send pictures from the HTC picture tab and get notifications in Manila as well. When you view it, I click on the message but then click on "All Messages" to go to the WM message manager and click the picture from there.

Hope that helps and works for ya. Please post your experience...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

chaosbuzz is a n00b

I'll try 8.5 tonight. Do you guys "flashdance" a.k.a. flash stock -> hard reset -> flash rom -> hard reset or just flash the rom? Is there any evidence to say that flashdancing is necessary?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

its been said its NOT needed to "flashdance" expecially from rom 2 rom (sum do the dance from cook 2 cook)

but it could be user preference, if you like it that way or have time but i only do it every once in awhile if i have plenty bugs after the flash/hard reset (not 2 often)

i also flash by sd. so i have sss and juicy nbh files on my sd card as well as the stock sprint nbh, so 2 me its easier then being hooked to the pc and i can flash on the go (very nice)

Last edited by kjhadfield; 02-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
its been said its NOT needed to "flashdance" expecially from rom 2 rom (sum do the dance from cook 2 cook)

but it could be user preference, if you like it that way or have time but i only do it every once in awhile if i have plenty bugs after the flash/hard reset (not 2 often)

i also flash by sd. so i have sss and juicy nbh files on my sd card as well as the stock sprint nbh, so 2 me its easier then being hooked to the pc and i can flash on the go (very nice)
Never really thought about flashing from the SD but your post interested me and after the reading, looks really simple. Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development