PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
does 8.5 have the ereader tab?
No it doesn't have the ereader tab.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
Yeah, the R8 was having some problems for me, it wouldn't wake from sleep about 5 times last night, and really killed the battery in the process...so I got home and found 8.5, downloaded, flashed, and everything seems to be working out quite well now...the phone hasn't had a single problem since then. I re-configured everything, did not install the cookie home tab deal like I did before. The battery is either not talking to the phone properly now, or the battery life is amazing...because it's still on 100%...I wanted to install a 1% battery driver and taskbar, but the one I used on MightyRom with a slightly older build of windows, and sense 2.1, does not work properly with this rom, so I need to dig around and find one that will work with this build and this version of 2.5...but otherwise I'm happy so far with 8.5.
Hi, the battery will say 100% between 91% and 100% on this rom. You can install tp2 1% battery cab or install battery monitor. it will show battery levels at 100%, but the true battery level will show as the CBI Value. Here's a screenshot. So you don't technically need the 1% battery drivers to see the actual percentage. You can always just use battery monitor app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery monitor ss.jpg (7.6 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks rileyd5.

Has anyone found an MMS fix that works on sprint with 8.5? I tried the "sprint arcsoft" and "elephant" fix I found in this thread for an older version, and it didn't work. When I tried to send a friend a picture just now, it timed out after a while and told me unable to send message.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks rileyd5.

Has anyone found an MMS fix that works on sprint with 8.5? I tried the "sprint arcsoft" and "elephant" fix I found in this thread for an older version, and it didn't work. When I tried to send a friend a picture just now, it timed out after a while and told me unable to send message.
Works fine for me. I open up the pics/video program and click on the picture I want. Then click the menu button and choose the MMS option.....That should be all there is to it.

Just sent and received a pic from my phone, using the elephant fix of course.....
Old 02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

MikeOD is becoming a great contributor

eman, did you install sprint arcsoft and then they elephant fix, or vice versa, or only elephant?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
eman, did you install sprint arcsoft and then they elephant fix, or vice versa, or only elephant?
I installed the arcsoft file that is found in the elephant fix thread. Then installed the fix file, then rebooted......

Make sure the file you are tryting to send is not over the max size as well....Also, make sure you are sending the pic from your pic/video program and not your messaging tab....
Old 02-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I installed the arcsoft file that is found in the elephant fix thread. Then installed the fix file, then rebooted......

Make sure the file you are tryting to send is not over the max size as well....Also, make sure you are sending the pic from your pic/video program and not your messaging tab....
I am also using th Elephant fix and for me, I get a message failed but then get the MMS picture a few minutes later. Strange.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: RELIANCE

petar is a n00b

Flashed to R8.5 tonite. BUt have a slight problem. When i use power button to turn off the screen . it does not come back on. No matter what. The phone is still ON. I called my cell number & then display comes back on.

Any idea wht the problem could be.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

jeep670 is a n00b

this is the best ROM I've ever installed on my TP2! thanks deck.

one little issue: Facebook Album does shows folders but it does not show the pictures. the R4 fix does not fix the issue.
(note: this was not an issue with R7.)

Last edited by jeep670; 02-15-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks for this great rom as well. question for you guys, what taskbars are you adding that doesnt break htc volume control or notification enhancements. tried bilbobrian tb but it broke htc volume control. gfreaks tb breaks notifications as well. thanks again!
I have used the tsowen taskbar from MightyRoms posted taskbar 6.5 cab successfully and ive also used about 4 or 5 taskbars from djcleo. just google djcleo windows mobile 6.5 taskbars.and i also use the %1 battery driver from the MightyRom thread/post as well.and ive never had any trouble running any of these taskbars on any WM 6.5 with sense 2.5 roms. but it can only be the 6.5 roms and never the 6.5.X roms.Mighty also has a cab u can download thats supposed to make the taskbars function properly.but ive never had to use it. right now im using decks 21890 R7 or R8 rom.the rom right before this release,and anyway ive used those taskbars on many different 6.5 roms with no problems and im currently using djcleo WM HTC icon custom taskbar with the %1 battry driver now and it looks and works great.doesnt slow nething down.it fuctions as good as or better than the stock all white plain,ugly taskbar.not to mention that i also use Maxmanilla 3.0,custom transparent top curtain,transparent bottom slider,custom mettallic blue slider icons,transparent clock,and custom Maxmanilla icons.and stiil very fast and stable.great rom.downloading the todays R3 rom now.cant wait to flash it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development