PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

quick question dibbson. Do you want us to post ideas or 'votes' for things to be included in your rom? Is that a helpful thing to you? I presume we should be careful not to request uncommon or unusual things but items that everyone might benefit from?
i.e. RSS Hub, Pandora, Voice Command
Just starting using the new ROM. Looks solid. One thing that I know has been mentioned and may just be an MS bug but is reproducible is that after replying to a txt and closing the physical keyboard, the screen doesn't rotate back to portrait.
You rock dude!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Yeah, post whatever you want, within reason Also, i had a regedit that was taking care of that before, somehow it must not be taking right now as i noticed that too. Not the biggest of deals, but is an annoyance. I will take a look at the registry on my phone and see if it's still being applied, and if it is, well... the force must be stronger in the newer files than my registry edit, lol

UPDATE: I have thought about things, and sorry if this ruins you 6.5 lovers day, but i'm gonna hold off on updating 21889 ROMs today, mostly due to I want to test the newer 6.5 core files and play around with them some more and check stability and other things. I'm also gonna try and reverse engineer a fix for the updater app. So please bare with me.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-21-2010 at 02:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

+1 for one of those sig logos
Old 01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

sig logo will be up later today, still trying to decide the catch phrase.

Also because i got a PM about it, 3rd Party Animated wallpapers do work on my ROM. I DL'ed a couple and tested them out, so if someone wants something other than the basic weather animations on the home screen, you can use any 3rd party animated wallpapers you want.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Well I have down loaded the new ROM (23518 012110) (titanium only) and flashed my phone. With only about 5 mins worth of playing around on this, here is what I found so far.

UC does not work (already notified Dibbsons) (I would change to runcc, however no 1 can tell me how to get the cpy command to work.)
volume screen is back to the old windows look. (dont know if this is what Dibbsons wanted or not)
Missing Voice command (Dibbsons did this because of conflict, however I miss it) someone did post a Voice command cab
the *.CPR in \windows folder is lock down, I like to modify the titanium look (bar size and time font size). (dibbson, your test rom i was able overwrite, this 1 I am not)

so far I like this ROM. I will keep testing through out the day for battery life and any bugs that I find.

Thanks again dibbson for the awesome ROM
tannerj...
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

[QUOTE=dibbson;1506713]sig logo will be up later today, still trying to decide the catch phrase. QUOTE]

How about "the new King of the Hill!" Certainly appropriate as far as ROM cooks go. I just DL'ed the newest 23518 Titanium build. Turned off Titanium (because I will be using Moble Shell) and after a soft reset I show 120mb free!!! Whoo Hoo! =D>

+1 for the RSS Reader. That is the single most important thing I miss from the other ROMs.

Also, now that you have a Tsowan taskbar, does this mean we can use other icons in his stuff, or do we need to keep the ones you set up? I don't want to break anything, but some other styles offer better contrast, especially for the Speaker and Signal Strength icons.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Well I have down loaded the new ROM (23518 012110) (titanium only) and flashed my phone. With only about 5 mins worth of playing around on this, here is what I found so far.

UC does not work (already notified Dibbsons) (I would change to runcc, however no 1 can tell me how to get the cpy command to work.)
volume screen is back to the old windows look. (dont know if this is what Dibbsons wanted or not)
Missing Voice command (Dibbsons did this because of conflict, however I miss it) someone did post a Voice command cab
the *.CPR in \windows folder is lock down, I like to modify the titanium look (bar size and time font size). (dibbson, your test rom i was able overwrite, this 1 I am not)

so far I like this ROM. I will keep testing through out the day for battery life and any bugs that I find.

Thanks again dibbson for the awesome ROM
tannerj...
The file lockdown is probably due to the new 6.5 core. The more i look into this 6.5 core files, the more i'm about ready to rip it's digital guts out.

The Leo volume control was purposely removed as i and one other tester had a gui glitch with it once, random at best and never happened again, but for the sake of not having issues, i removed the leo volume control
Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=kscawley;1506754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
sig logo will be up later today, still trying to decide the catch phrase. QUOTE]

How about "the new King of the Hill!" Certainly appropriate as far as ROM cooks go. I just DL'ed the newest 23518 Titanium build. Turned off Titanium (because I will be using Moble Shell) and after a soft reset I show 120mb free!!! Whoo Hoo! =D>

+1 for the RSS Reader. That is the single most important thing I miss from the other ROMs.

Also, now that you have a Tsowan taskbar, does this mean we can use other icons in his stuff, or do we need to keep the ones you set up? I don't want to break anything, but some other styles offer better contrast, especially for the Speaker and Signal Strength icons.
"the new King of the Hill" might ruffle some chef feathers, lol. I had thought of "I'm running on smooth medium hills" with the default MH picture with something, not sure what, running up one of the hills.

Do not mess with the top taskbar icons, more than likely you will lose the drop down menu. Although if you want to be a guinea pig, i'm not going to stop you from trying There are very few top taskbars that work with 6.5.x and retain the drop down menu. There is the bilbobrian's one, but it's black and white only. If anyone has a "working" with drop down menu top taskbar that they think will fit with the rom better please post a pic of the icon set and cab.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I love it new rom to play with today.....

I am all for the provisioning cabs if they are easy to impliment (like Mighty or others).

Just curious why did you remove the wifi internet share. It works rather well, although I can live with out. Last night at the bar I had 3 buddies with iphones browsing the web faster thru my phone faster than there crappy edge or 3Gness. By the end of the night they all hated their iphones.......hahaha
Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I love it new rom to play with today.....

I am all for the provisioning cabs if they are easy to impliment (like Mighty or others).

Just curious why did you remove the wifi internet share. It works rather well, although I can live with out. Last night at the bar I had 3 buddies with iphones browsing the web faster thru my phone faster than there crappy edge or 3Gness. By the end of the night they all hated their iphones.......hahaha
Read the "What's in the ROM", lol. I removed it but added the Comm Manager Wifi Sharing, so just go to the comm manager and turn it on, i thought it would be easier that way maybe? Also newer version as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development