PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwchan View Post
Looks like the 1/21/2010 23518/sense 2.5 lost the ring sound for incoming calls.
Also, I noticed that when a custom task bar is installed to a 6.5.x ROM, the HTC skinned volume control is replaced with the WM volume control.
I wonder if that is also causing the no ring sound for incoming calls.
First I would like to say great ROM. Just loaded it for the first time today (23518/sense 2.5) and is one of the cleanest ones out there. Few of the problems I noticed.

Settings Tab/Data Services/ActiveSync button is broken
Bluetooth doesn't work which has been mentioned. I tried to search my Pioneer head unit and it couldn't find it plus the advanced button is broken.

kwchan: I bet the problem you have is with Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u. I had the same problem when I install it with this build. I know there is a patched version out there so I will look for it and post it. If you did not install Opera Mobile 10 beta then I'm not sure what happened. If you uninstall it everything goes back to normal.

Link to Ninja Duck Opera Mobile 10b2u

Last edited by jas0nmack; 01-22-2010 at 04:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: verizon

jmarcucci is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jmarcucci
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nmack View Post
First I would like to say great ROM. Just loaded it for the first time today (23518/sense 2.5) and is one of the cleanest ones out there. Few of the problems I noticed.

Settings Tab/Data Services/ActiveSync button is broken
Bluetooth doesn't work which has been mentioned. I tried to search my Pioneer head unit and it couldn't find it plus the advanced button is broken.

kwchan: I bet the problem you have is with Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u. I had the same problem when I install it with this build. I know there is a patched version out there on XDA so I will look for it and post it. If you did not install Opera Mobile 10 beta then I'm not sure what happened. If you uninstall it everything goes back to normal.
Bluetooth works fine if you go into Start/settings and use the Bluetooth link there. I also had noticed it not working from the HTC settings link - same is true for the WiFi - It works fine as long as you don't go through setting. Lets hope next release fixes that area - It's a great ROM!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Just stopping by and letting you guys know i should be closing in on something soon. Testing some builds now trying to get everything sorted out. Trying to take my time this time around. I have been listening and some requests have been added to the ROM as well.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Just stopping by and letting you guys know i should be closing in on something soon. Testing some builds now trying to get everything sorted out. Trying to take my time this time around. I have been listening and some requests have been added to the ROM as well.
Thanks for the update!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800/Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jas0nmack is becoming a great contributor

Is the HTC task manager and notification bar possible? I know with other 6.5.x ROM's it's pretty sketchy to get them to work. It just seems to me anytime I am working on something and say I pick the notification bar to look at an email there is no way to get back to what I was doing like using file explorer and when I launch the task manager program it shows nothing running.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

argov is just getting started

Quote:
Even though I know that the "i'm with stupid" comment was not meant to be truly mean. Let's try not to make or poke fun at people, we all mispell or type things wrong sometimes. I'm not mad or anything, i just want to keep things nice
Apology if I insulted anyone, the use of the icon was instead of the missing +1 icon.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

The X button on the bottom right is set to close on tap, not close on tap and hold. So if your hitting the X at the bottom then it's closing it out. It "shouldn't" just automatically close an app if you don't hit the X button though and "should" remain open.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by argov View Post
Apology if I insulted anyone, the use of the icon was instead of the missing +1 icon.
I don't think you insulted anyone. I just know how threads can take a turn sometimes, and i would like to avoid that in mine
Old 01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
The X button on the bottom right is set to close on tap, not close on tap and hold. So if your hitting the X at the bottom then it's closing it out. It "shouldn't" just automatically close an app if you don't hit the X button though and "should" remain open.
In the future would it be possible to make this option user selectable, I have never used showcase (is that what controls the X???) so might be a dumb question.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Yes, the X button is linked to Showcase. The only way to change the way it works is to edit the registry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development