PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
so for SprintTV to work on this rom, we have to hard reset first?
It wont' work with these Roms right now.

It was weird error that it gives as well saying another media app is already running........
Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor
Re: <> 01-21-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwchan View Post
Looks like the 1/21/2010 23518/sense 2.5 lost the ring sound for incoming calls.
Also, I noticed that when a custom task bar is installed to a 6.5.x ROM, the HTC skinned volume control is replaced with the WM volume control.
I wonder if that is also causing the no ring sound for incoming calls.

Also, I saw mention of UC in earlier posts. Are you thinking of adding some form of UC? That would be great! Then I can have my own cabs installed after flashing a new ROM.

Thanks for your work Dibbson!
I wiped the internal storage and with a fresh version of this ROM, incoming phone calls do work. I remember now that I tried the update PRL and update profile tools this morning. And then afterwards, my incoming calls no longer sounded the ringer.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwchan View Post
I noticed that when a custom task bar is installed to a 6.5.x ROM, the HTC skinned volume control is replaced with the WM volume control.
I wonder if that is also causing the no ring sound for incoming calls.!
Custom taskbars can do nasty things to a phone. I have seen reports of issues with 6.1, 6.5 and especially 6.5.x. Part of the problem with the volume control is that some taskbars overwrite the HTCVolumecontrol.dll with an older version than what was installed with the ROM.

I have been for the last month trying to find a taskbar that works correctly with 6.5.x and only found two - and they are both basically the same (Bibliobrian as the core). I think someone posted a link to these in a previous post. I will check, and if not I will post a link.

Dibbson's latest 6.5.3 builds have a custom bar (Tsowen?) with colored icons cooked in the ROM. I like the contrast of black and white icons because I find them easier to read outdoors, hence why I am playing
Old 01-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Dibbs, wake up already!!!!!!!!!
lol, a little antsy are we? Anyways, Since the top taskbar is a hot subject, i actually made the decision last night, since everyone likes a diff top taskbar, to just leave the custom taskbar out and stick with the stock and let you guys install whatever you want. Also i put the alignscreen back in as taking that out seemed to cause some glitches at boot for some reason. The updater app will get a facelift as well since i have it working like i want now. Adding browser forward, back and refresh buttons. Also working on a few other things, if i'm gonna update again, i'm gonna try and make it worth it.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Would you mind providing a cab for the twosen taskbar that you had cooked in? I've grown kinda fond of it. Thanks in advance. I also noticed a ringer issue, but it's because sometimes the phone boots up in silent mode not normal. Just my 2cents.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Phen0m is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
since everyone likes a diff top taskbar, to just leave the custom taskbar out and stick with the stock and let you guys install whatever you want.
Could you post a cab or link to yours however? Its nice and useful.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

I'll see what i can do about the cab, i'll have to make it cuz i only have it as an oem atm. As far as ringer issue, i hope to have all these random things taken care of with the update.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

[QUOTE=dibbson;1509124]lol, a little antsy are we? Anyways, Since the top taskbar is a hot subject, i actually made the decision last night, since everyone likes a diff top taskbar, to just leave the custom taskbar out and stick with the stock and let you guys install whatever you want/QUOTE]

Suggestion: Let's put up a few links to known "good" taskbars (known to behave well with 6.5.x), or tell us what to watch for in terms of HTCVolumeControl.dll or Shellres.192.dll versions, etc. Otherwise we are gonna start goofing up some phones.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
lol, a little antsy are we?
Not at all. Don't you need a tester already!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

Issues when you password lock the phone.

I've noticed on several of your roms. to see the problem:
go to settings and lock, ad a password to lock then.
then reboot.

Last edited by varaff; 01-22-2010 at 03:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development