PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
So no CABs installed then? Also, since CHT2 is a beta, it "might" be a setting or something you activated or changed possibly. I still have yet to be able to replicate your issue on my end on too different TP2's. Also, can you verify that this happens on a fresh install with no settings changed and nothing installed? Sorry, I know this isn't helping to fix it at the moment, but I'm just trying to eliminate possible issues.
No need to be sorry at all - I'm glad you're actually trying to help! But to be fair, I didn't notice this little issue until I used a rom with cht (or after i installed it on the last rom i tried). I guess I can try going to a rom w/o cht and see if it works. Thanks for all ur help! Keep up the good work on the roms man. They're awesome!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor
Re: <> 10-04-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT2

Hello Mr. Dibbson. Just loaded and set up Cookie2Sprint and really like it so far. Very snappy and stable thru 1 day. I already did a thread search for a couple things, couldn't find answers so I want to ask you (or anyone who knows) a couple things...

*I really do want the bluetooth icon, so could you recommend a good HTC dialer or a good taskbar that works nicely with this rom?

*I also want to install the Reader, Sprint TV and FB tabs...are there any in particular I need to find that are compatible with this rom?

*and also will any battery driver do, to get 1% increments or is there one that you prefer? Or should I leave that job to a new taskbar, and solve that and the bluetooth icon at the same time?

I appreciate any knowledge you have for me, and thanks again for this fine rom.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Update...never mind my ? about the tabs, I'll go with standalone apps.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I am with you krautdog. I have tried every taskbar I have and none work. In fact, most break the start menu completely. If there is one that is known to work, I am all for it. Especially if it gets the data arrows or indicators working. I have had some luck with other roms in getting the data indicator going with different taskbars, but so far not with this one.

Would not be trying this hard if the rom was not very impressive. Like it a lot. But, I am pretty anal about knowing when data is active, so I shall continue my tb trial and error. Will post if I have success.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
I just switched over to your rom from another one that had not updated in a long time, but could not find a shortcut for HTC Peep / Twitter to add to my home screen quick links, is there an easy way to restore that shortcut?
That is a registry setting, don't remember the exact key as I'm not at my computer with my kitchen on it. But it's around hklm>software>htc>manila>isstartmenuenabled maybe? I think that's close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndchef View Post
I am very happy to see you updated Cookie to CHT 2.0. Unfortunately, I am getting SOD every time I plug the phone into my computer and Active Synch starts.

Any thoughts on what is causing this? I have never had this problem before and flashed up and down the street. Thanks in advanced.
Not sure really. I usually suggest to restart both the phone and computer at the same time, if you haven't tried that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourob View Post
A couple of other thoughts,

I noticed that the thumbnails for the internet shortcuts don't seem to be generated

the grayed out slider icon (no e) for the internet does not match the colored version (with e).

The remove RSS cab in post 3472 doesn't work correctly as it misaligns calendar entries under the bar that it is supposed to descend from.

Oh great and wonderful Windows Phone Rom chef dibbson, would you be able to post a cab for a non-grayed out manila slider and another cab for removing the RSS feed widget?
Unfortunately, I am not aware of another cab to remove RSS, although I haven't had a need to search for another one (and I actually use the RSS feed feature). I would have to make a CAB for the slider, but I think there is already one or more available if you google search or forum search. "Most" slider CABs will work as long as it's WVGA and for Sense 2.5. I am aware of the internet tab icon, it just slipped my mind, if you install a slider CAB, it will fix it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecMan View Post
Hi dibbson and Friends:

Can you explian to me what are the imprvements for 10-2SprintTitanium.rar? I'm running my TP2 with Medium Hill ROM's 8-4 SprintTitanium 23569

Thanks
New optimized SYS, added Format SD card, different phone canvas that fixes not having 3 way calling button for VZ, changed system font for better readability, removed facebook apps, and a couple other small things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvictor017 View Post
No need to be sorry at all - I'm glad you're actually trying to help! But to be fair, I didn't notice this little issue until I used a rom with cht (or after i installed it on the last rom i tried). I guess I can try going to a rom w/o cht and see if it works. Thanks for all ur help! Keep up the good work on the roms man. They're awesome!
Let me know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post
Hello Mr. Dibbson. Just loaded and set up Cookie2Sprint and really like it so far. Very snappy and stable thru 1 day. I already did a thread search for a couple things, couldn't find answers so I want to ask you (or anyone who knows) a couple things...

*I really do want the bluetooth icon, so could you recommend a good HTC dialer or a good taskbar that works nicely with this rom?

*I also want to install the Reader, Sprint TV and FB tabs...are there any in particular I need to find that are compatible with this rom?

*and also will any battery driver do, to get 1% increments or is there one that you prefer? Or should I leave that job to a new taskbar, and solve that and the bluetooth icon at the same time?

I appreciate any knowledge you have for me, and thanks again for this fine rom.
Good catch on the BT icon in the taskbar not coming on. When I get back to my kitchen comp later, I think I have a CAB for that (same for the battery driver). For the extra tabs, as long as they are Non-CFC compressed Sense 2.5, they should be fine. As long as the taskbar is 6.5.x compatible it should work. Data indicators is something that would be very hard for me to trouble shoot. The stock ones seem to work for me, although you're not really gonna notice them unless you are looking at them when something updates automatically or you're doing something specific. Also, I may not notice as much because how much data I use is not a concern for me.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Hmmm, maybe I am seeing something different. I get the large arrows that move when data starts, then 2 solid arrows that sit above the signal bars but they never move and stay solid.

I have a bunch of 6.5.x tbs, and I know they are always a bit of a crapshoot, but about half of them remove everything but the sound icon and the start menu no longer works, which is odd.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look. If I can help troubleshoot, please let me know.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

It's really hard to tell sometimes on the data arrows, I mean even in the stock ROMs, I don't think they worked like you think they should. To be honest, I don't think I've ever on any ROM seen the arrows move every time you hit a piece of data from the interwebs. Even on my old Diamond, I could have the data connection turned off, and it would still connect through Opera or whatever. I think the data arrows are programmed to light up/flicker when there is a low level data transfer being done such as with stuff from the OS or Manila level, hence why I might only see the arrows moving when it updates stuff. If a 3rd party program or any program for that matter is not programmed the right way that hits that data arrow API or dll or whatever, then it would not reflect. But that's just my thoughts/guess though. As far as taskbars, the ones that I had the best luck with were the Dark Ninja TBs on XDA.

Also, for the CHT2 ROM users. Please remember that CHT2 is still in BETA, so there are going to be some oddities here and there. Please check with the CHT2 thread on XDA first maybe to see if a solution has been found to your issue, or if the issue has been reported already. I try to keep up with things, but it's hard to keep up with everything. Thanks.

Also please weigh in on the post I just made today HERE. This concerns all of you great end users.

Last edited by dibbson; 10-06-2010 at 04:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Last post on this I promise.

I did some more googleing and it sounds like the data arrows not graying out when the data connection is inactive stems from using a GSM dialer skin converted for a CDMA rom of all things. Not sure if that is case here or not, but since there is the video all button, I am thinking that the dialer and skin came from the Leo port maybe?
Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Oh, and as far as what folks want to see in future roms - I like what you are doing now. Super fast with CHT cooked in but a stockish look is perfect - from my perspective at least.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Good catch on the BT icon in the taskbar not coming on. When I get back to my kitchen comp later, I think I have a CAB for that (same for the battery driver). For the extra tabs, as long as they are Non-CFC compressed Sense 2.5, they should be fine. As long as the taskbar is 6.5.x compatible it should work. Data indicators is something that would be very hard for me to trouble shoot. The stock ones seem to work for me, although you're not really gonna notice them unless you are looking at them when something updates automatically or you're doing something specific. Also, I may not notice as much because how much data I use is not a concern for me.
Hey chef thanks for the detailed reply. 2 little cabs to fix the headset icon and battery driver (well that's not really a fix, just a preference) would be great. I'd rather not have to do what I consider a major change like a new taskbar. Even when they are compatible and work, there always just seems to be quirks leftover somehow. I have used a lot of roms with custom taskbars cooked in and they are fine, I think it's just after the fact installs that get quirky. Having the stock-ish taskbar is fine with me. Oh and btw the data icon is fine for me, as far as I know haha.
I once tried a cab for the bluetooth icon and all it did was show when bluetooth was on, nothing about a headset connected. I always leave it on so that is not really a fix for my needs. Hopefully the one you are thinking about is different?
From my knowledge the best fix is to go with an HTC dialer. Is that a good option do you think? I know you do a lot of work with the canvas and dialer before you cook so I don't want to screw up anything you have done for best compatibility, so I would only put in a new dialer if you thought it was ok and knew a good one that wouldn't mess up anything.
My phone is also freezing from activesync and have to pull the battery. Didn't know that was a cookie2 issue, but it is understandable if it is, being beta and all. Thanks for all the help and input

and CoryNat thanks for chiming in also and do let us know if you make any good changes/fixes

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development