PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT

Speed is something that is hard to get better past a certain point (due to it's not a PC and you can't really upgrade anything inside of it, and you can only delete and disable so many things), hence why everyone is OC'ing now. I did like the 23569 very much myself, but we have to keep moving forward with development. Anyways, I don't think I'm going to be making anymore Max Sense ROMs since there hasn't been any development since July. I will leave the existing ROM available, and all the others will be available too on the FTP until the next round goes up.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
You should download the new ROM with CHT2 already installed. Link posted a few posts back

Hey Dibbson, still having the same problem man. As soon as i slide out the keyboard, the screen freezes. it never switches to landscape.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Ok, so since you didn't state this originally, is this happening on a particular screen or all? Also, have you installed any CABs, and if so which ones? I personally have not had anything freeze/lock up (yet) from just sliding out the keyboard, and I have been running the CHT2 myself actually the last few days. Only difference between what you are running and me is yours has VZ prov and MMS, although I do have a VZ TP2 as well and didn't experience your issue on that one either. Anyways, let me know about the questions I posed.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

yung18 is just getting started

Love your roms the most so far. Especially the titanium versions. Any chance the future versions will incorporate the popular quickmenu to save even more ram?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

If you mean to remove the regular start menu and only use quickmenu or something els, the reason I don't is because that is a standard feature that not everyone wants to go away. Also, CABs can be installed to achieve that. Removing the standard start menu does save 20 to 30 MB of RAM though.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ok, so since you didn't state this originally, is this happening on a particular screen or all? Also, have you installed any CABs, and if so which ones? I personally have not had anything freeze/lock up (yet) from just sliding out the keyboard, and I have been running the CHT2 myself actually the last few days. Only difference between what you are running and me is yours has VZ prov and MMS, although I do have a VZ TP2 as well and didn't experience your issue on that one either. Anyways, let me know about the questions I posed.
I notice it when I'm in situations where I have to type something. Email, Txt messages, information fields in apps. Now I admit, it has worked only a couple of times, but it's very very flaky. I tried replying to an email and I could switch to landscape when i pulled out the keyboard, but when I pushed back in, it stayed in landscape and froze. It's really wierd....
Old 10-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

So no CABs installed then? Also, since CHT2 is a beta, it "might" be a setting or something you activated or changed possibly. I still have yet to be able to replicate your issue on my end on too different TP2's. Also, can you verify that this happens on a fresh install with no settings changed and nothing installed? Sorry, I know this isn't helping to fix it at the moment, but I'm just trying to eliminate possible issues.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Puberto is a n00b
Re: <> 10-04-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT2

Hey Mr. Dibbson. I wanted to give your new Titanium rom a spin but I've found that all of your download links seem to be broken. When I check the parent directory, I notice all the roms are dated 10-2. Is this a typo?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Re: <> 10-04-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> 2018 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT2

No, I updated the ROMs on 10-2, but not the thread until today. So I dated the thread today. Links fixed btw, was having issues updating the thread on here earlier actually.

Last edited by dibbson; 10-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargono666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
If you mean to remove the regular start menu and only use quickmenu or something els, the reason I don't is because that is a standard feature that not everyone wants to go away. Also, CABs can be installed to achieve that. Removing the standard start menu does save 20 to 30 MB of RAM though.
Have you tested it Dibbson? I tried it and it only saved me 2-3mb unless I used the wrong version\setup of quickmenu, could you provide some info on how to get the 20-30mb saved in RAM.

Ive been using the Titanium rom and it is very fast and stable, battery life seems good even after overclocking @749MHz (compared to Mr.X titanium with SYS 21903) Im happy to report i have not found a single bug so far I tried a couple of .cab files for HTC Youtube app and had no success getting it to work, do you have one or a link to a working .cab file?

And again, Thanks for your excellent work I wish my biatch ass soon to be ex wife wasn't taking all my money so i could make u a donation

MY GAMING CLAN WEB SITE http://l4dhydra.webs.com/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development