PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Actually, yes, I did change the font (was curious if anyone would notice). Glad to hear it's running good for you as well.
anyone tried gps with beta rom? just did with gmaps and bing and couldn't lock. even with quick gps. weather updates fine in sense though. going to mess with it again in a few hours when I can get out of the hospital basement, gotta go back to work now.

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 8-31-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 <> Titanium <> Max Sense <> CHT 1.

Just tried Gmaps and it connected right up to satellites.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Just tried Gmaps and it connected right up to satellites.
Okay, must have been a fluke of where I was or something. it is all working great for me now. I can install everything and even overclock the hell out of it and its running great. And I am convinced that this SYS doesn't run as low on memory as it used to. It isn't more free ram at boot, but after running for a few hours and having several apps open and closed, it just has 10-20mb more free ram than Im used to having. Great work! Cheers,
Old 09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Moziah7 is a n00b

So far so good, Dibbs! My only little (and I mean VERY little) issue is the super bold OSK font, but since I usually use the physical keyboard for longer texts and emails anyway, I can deal with that easily! Great job as usual!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

yeah, I switched for easier readabiliy in certain situations, and it makes the default WM menus every so slightly smaller as well.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

stevenuzi is a n00b

hey dibbson, i have been for the last three days trying to add tabs to your manila rom. I would like to add the document tab, the ereader tab and the footprints tab. I even tried just adding the documents tab to see if i could at least get that. I followed instructions on xda and i still cannot load manila after my changes. Is there a .cab i can use to add tabs to your rom or do i need to cook my own rom and add the oem folders for the manila tabs. I am pretty busy with my wife and kid, but i would like to possibly contribute once i learn a thing or two about this! Thanks
Old 09-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Hey dibbs is there any way to restore the stock manila colors on the Sense 2.5 ROM icons so that they arent all gray until you slide to them?? I kinda just like having some color on my home screen.

And also is there any way to remove the RSS feed from the home screen? I dont use RSS at all

And lastly is there any way to remove the startup sound??

Last edited by killerkhatiby009; 09-26-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

daytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaytona283 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Hey dibbs is there any way to restore the stock manila colors on the Sense 2.5 ROM icons so that they arent all gray until you slide to them?? I kinda just like having some color on my home screen.

And also is there any way to remove the RSS feed from the home screen? I dont use RSS at all

There is a cab in post 3472 of this thread to remove the rss feed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenuzi View Post
hey dibbson, i have been for the last three days trying to add tabs to your manila rom. I would like to add the document tab, the ereader tab and the footprints tab. I even tried just adding the documents tab to see if i could at least get that. I followed instructions on xda and i still cannot load manila after my changes. Is there a .cab i can use to add tabs to your rom or do i need to cook my own rom and add the oem folders for the manila tabs. I am pretty busy with my wife and kid, but i would like to possibly contribute once i learn a thing or two about this! Thanks
Any/All of those CABs on PPCG or XDA should work as long as they are compatible with 2018, but they all should be (just make sure they are for WVGA resolutions). The e-reader and doc tab will slow down manila a little (just an FYI), and the footprints doesn't work 100% for the TP2 that I know of. The main reason manila wouldn't start would probably be that manila file I mentioned that you need to edit. Turn manila off while installing all CABs, after CABs are installed, copy your custom 26948339_manila file I mentioned earlier to your windows directory (with the new tabs added) and then re-activate manila, and all should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post

Over write the sound file in the windows directory with a blank one, plenty of threads on PPCG about this. Also, just download and install a stock slider icon CAB for the stock icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post
There is a cab in post 3472 of this thread to remove the rss feed
Thank you for using thread search
Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just saw that Cookie Home Tabs 2.0 is out.

Any chance to cook that into the new rom?

Did you say that threaded text was coming?

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development