PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 11:13 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 4-18-2010 <}{> Medium Hill ROM's <}{> Sense 2.5 <>

It's funny i cook in a blank wav, but it never takes for some reason. I did a quick google search and found this for ya... should work, but I didn't test it.

Disable Start-up sound or change it:
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\
rename both "StartupGif" and "StartupWav" to other target to switch and leave blank to disable

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Does anyone know of a way to disable the startup sound on this ROM? I just would rather have a silent startup
HAHA me too. This way my wife doesnt know I am flashing roms and tweaking while we are watching tv, sometimes i get the look when that noise goes off (what are you playing with your phone again)..
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
Liking new ROM man! I see you are going black with highlights and whatnot - good stuff!

In case you were looking for a new taskbar, I have been using dafunk's mod'd bilbobrian taskbar on some 6.5 ROMs past couple days (he just updated/posted it few days ago).

I could not get the 6.5.X version to work on your ROM (other folks on HD2 devices had issues, too) - I'm sure it's a compatibility issue since it was intended for HD2, but he reported success of some folks on different devices. Not expecting ya to run with this but I thought I would letcha know since it's such a badass look

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664594
Confirmed this tb from the above thread does work on newest 23559 ROM. Gives the green androidish icons. Tested rings and volume control all work. Only problem I had was the background on the top tb was blue at first! Kind of freaked me out. I installed MH black tb set, to try to fix this. It didn't, but then when I uninstalled black tb set, everything was black and fixed! Not sure if it was neccesary or if another soft reset would have fixed, but that was my experience. I have soft reset since and everything is perfect!

Also, newest cookie home tab 1.7.1 is working great. Thanks again, dibbs, for the best rom yet. I think it is smoother and faster. And I don't think you've gotten enough praise for all the new icons throughout manila and the new slider. Classy yet new.

Last edited by ivwonka; 04-19-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

is anyone having battery draining issues with this ROM? I upgraded to 23559 ROM last night and charged over night. By 4:30pm I was down to 10% on battery life. This not the norm for me. I usually go home from work with approx. 50-60% on battery life.

any help would be appreciated....tannerj
Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

Found another little issue, every time i change the ringer type to vibrate then ring or vibrate and ring it will stick for a while and then for some reason change back to just ring. Its quite annoying as i really like it to vibrate before. Not exactly sure how to fix this but its happened to me before as well on other ROMS
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Mightymike314 is becoming a great contributor

This taskbar is working for me:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-20-10.jpg (93.1 KB, 149 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab m6 Taskbar WM6.5 Color V11c HTC Blue Logo & Batteries.cab (2.33 MB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Glad you found a couple taskbars that work through CAB install. Some just like to be cooked in, and a couple have some minor icon issues. Anyways, glad those two are working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
is anyone having battery draining issues with this ROM? I upgraded to 23559 ROM last night and charged over night. By 4:30pm I was down to 10% on battery life. This not the norm for me. I usually go home from work with approx. 50-60% on battery life.

Battery life for me has been normal so far. I did notice that installing cookie 1.7 takes up some battery life for me whenever I install it. Been flashing a lot lately on a "project" ROM. I have had a couple times here and there that battery life seemed a little less than normal. Those times I think were caused by poor signal and or bad flash. Since it's so quick, If I have any issues now (within the last week or so), I just task29 the phone before my next flash to see if the issue is still there. There is a nice link to a faq in post 1 just below the ROM download link about what task29 does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
Found another little issue, every time i change the ringer type to vibrate then ring or vibrate and ring it will stick for a while and then for some reason change back to just ring. Its quite annoying as i really like it to vibrate before. Not exactly sure how to fix this but its happened to me before as well on other ROMS
I haven't had that issue on my end and I have to change to vibrate a lot a few days a week. How are you changing it to ring and vibrate? I press up or down on the volume hard key on the side and select vibrate from there. Never had an issue. Are you doing it from the htc settings tab or volume hard key?

Oh, and btw, testing SYS 23563 currently
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post

I've flashed the last several revisions of MH ROMs as well as some others and haven't noticed any more battery drain on 23559 on my TP2. My TP2 gets a lot of use and run push exchange as well as some other email accounts. I also use bluetooth a lot and wifi occasionally. I typically just barely get through the day on a full charge with most ROMs that I use. If 23559 is draining faster, it's not so fast that I've seen a significant difference based on my usage.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Battery life for me has been normal so far. I did notice that installing cookie 1.7 takes up some battery life for me whenever I install it. Been flashing a lot lately on a "project" ROM. I have had a couple times here and there that battery life seemed a little less than normal. Those times I think were caused by poor signal and or bad flash. Since it's so quick, If I have any issues now (within the last week or so), I just task29 the phone before my next flash to see if the issue is still there. There is a nice link to a faq in post 1 just below the ROM download link about what task29 does.
Dibbs, I will try task29 again. I used task29 a few days ago with 23557. The question I have about task29 is how do you flash now with task29. When did it I used the .nbh from 23557 and flashed using task29, which of course put it in the boot splash screen and it sat there. Then I put it in tricolor and flash from your ROM. Then as I do with all flashing I clear the memory twice, before start installing any programs.

Also how often do you flash with task29?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdaddy View Post
I've flashed the last several revisions of MH ROMs as well as some others and haven't noticed any more battery drain on 23559 on my TP2. My TP2 gets a lot of use and run push exchange as well as some other email accounts. I also use bluetooth a lot and wifi occasionally. I typically just barely get through the day on a full charge with most ROMs that I use. If 23559 is draining faster, it's not so fast that I've seen a significant difference based on my usage.

geekdaddy, This the first time I have notice a high battery drain on any of Dibbs ROM's. I normally have bluetooth on all day and with moderate useage I can make it all day (6:15am - 10pm) with approx 40-50% at the end of the night when I place it back on the charger. Today I noticed that I had a data connection all day long and a couple of times I went into comm manager shutdown data connection. This normally work if I spotted a high battery drain, however today ever time I turned it off it would turn right back on. I was wondering if there was a program that was running that required a data connection like quickgps or something like that.

I will try task29 again to see it changes anything.

Thanks again dibbs and geekdaddy.....

tannerj
Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

the link i have to the faq for task29 under the rom download link in post 1 tells you all you need to know. But you don't use the nbh or anything. The faq also has a link for a download of task29 that just clears your ram and loads a splash. You flash task29 with the splash and then you pull the battery and enter bootloader and then flash nbh. Also, unless the data arrows are moving, it actually isn't moving any data and really isn't active.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development