PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tommydorns is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

There has been a new VGA sense 2.5 port available. Build 2012. that build was from a leaked rhodium (tp2) rom. It should be even more stable for the Touch Pro 1. Maybe NFSFAN will include it on his next build.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tjoneil is a n00b

To those who are having issue with the HTC Wifi Router... I wonder if I'm on to something.

I changed WI-FI Router to a name with no spaces or dashes and it worked.

It might have just been a fluke... but give it a try.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

this is my first time using htc sense...i noticed there is a quick launch when you swipe on home tab..but it only has like a few slots..where did the program launcher go? thats a very important tab...htc really got rid of it? also where did the htc task manager go? i hate having to hold back to launch the task manager
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
this is my first time using htc sense...i noticed there is a quick launch when you swipe on home tab..but it only has like a few slots..where did the program launcher go? thats a very important tab...htc really got rid of it? also where did the htc task manager go? i hate having to hold back to launch the task manager
yep no program tab on sense..swipe up and there is quick links..i know there is a bunch of cabs around to increase the amount, not sure what theyre called offhand. try clicking the paperclip attachments at the start of these threads, im sure theyre listed in them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Here's a link to a program tab for Sense 2.5. Maybe this will be useful for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=619253

|GOOGLE+|gplus.to/sauceda35
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So far this ROM is beautiful but seems buggy:

1- Activesync keeps disconnecting from my phone after first establishing a connection
2- Battery drain is INSANE
3- Phone keeps locking up, especially overnight
4- The taskmanager often locks up the phone

Also not a fan of HTC sense yet because:

1- No program Tab
2- No HTC task manager
3- No Landscape Mode

Good Things

1- Love a working lock program that actually locks when I press power
2- HTC Sense weather animations..beautiful
3- Animated wallpaper
4- Start Up animations are cool
5- Flick scrolling seems much smoother than previous ROMs
Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
... also where did the htc task manager go? i hate having to hold back to launch the task manager
A little tip, tap on the thin space on the top left of the screen to bring up the task manager, I find that way a little faster/more reliable than holding a key to bring it up.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: alltel

mistat57 is a n00b

Quote:
So far this ROM is beautiful but seems buggy:

1- Activesync keeps disconnecting from my phone after first establishing a connection
2- Battery drain is INSANE
3- Phone keeps locking up, especially overnight
4- The taskmanager often locks up the phone

Also not a fan of HTC sense yet because:

1- No program Tab
2- No HTC task manager
3- No Landscape Mode

Good Things

1- Love a working lock program that actually locks when I press power
2- HTC Sense weather animations..beautiful
3- Animated wallpaper
4- Start Up animations are cool
5- Flick scrolling seems much smoother than previous ROMs
Great sum up. I have the same buggy experiences. I can't use my alarm because my phone's screen locks up when I charge it overnight. It also locks up in my pocket if i don't use it after about 30 min. I have to soft reset to get my phone back on, and I miss all calls, texts, etc. If I set my backlight preferences to never turn off device on external and internal power, I can get past this, sometimes..., but the battery drains in about 4 hours. I think this issue should be a primary concern for the next update. I can't use my mobile phone...mobile-ly, without missing calls, draining battery before I get home, etc. I will make my donation as soon as I feel my phone all-around works better than a stock ROM. No offense, NFSFAN, you are a genius and the BEST chef by far.
I really love everything else about the ROM; I don't miss the programs tab because I can organize the start menu the same way. I know landscape mode is coming, which will be nice, but I have been able to deal without it easily. The nfsfan tabbed texting app is VERY SLOW to load messages when I want to reply from the messages tab, but I usually can get be that from tapping "all messages" which loads the WM default messages program and I reply from there, without delay. So no MAJOR flaws that I can't stand except the constant blank screen locking and battery issues (which may not be the ROM's fault, maybe I should try different radios for the battery issues or maybe my battery is getting old.) Anyone else have the same buggy issues and know work-arounds please help us out! I've noticed my #777 internet connection is constantly on, maybe draining battery...? Wi-fi and bluetooth are always off for me. Maybe a radio could connect to the internet only when opening app, and disconnect after being idle for so long. Million thanks!!

Phone Info:
Alltel Touch Pro on Alltel/Verizon Network.
NFSFAN ROM 1.04
radio 1.12.20F
Old 02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
tori18

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistat57 View Post
Great sum up. I have the same buggy experiences. I can't use my alarm because my phone's screen locks up when I charge it overnight. It also locks up in my pocket if i don't use it after about 30 min. I have to soft reset to get my phone back on, and I miss all calls, texts, etc. If I set my backlight preferences to never turn off device on external and internal power, I can get past this, sometimes..., but the battery drains in about 4 hours. I think this issue should be a primary concern for the next update. I can't use my mobile phone...mobile-ly, without missing calls, draining battery before I get home, etc. I will make my donation as soon as I feel my phone all-around works better than a stock ROM. No offense, NFSFAN, you are a genius and the BEST chef by far.
I really love everything else about the ROM; I don't miss the programs tab because I can organize the start menu the same way. I know landscape mode is coming, which will be nice, but I have been able to deal without it easily. The nfsfan tabbed texting app is VERY SLOW to load messages when I want to reply from the messages tab, but I usually can get be that from tapping "all messages" which loads the WM default messages program and I reply from there, without delay. So no MAJOR flaws that I can't stand except the constant blank screen locking and battery issues (which may not be the ROM's fault, maybe I should try different radios for the battery issues or maybe my battery is getting old.) Anyone else have the same buggy issues and know work-arounds please help us out! I've noticed my #777 internet connection is constantly on, maybe draining battery...? Wi-fi and bluetooth are always off for me. Maybe a radio could connect to the internet only when opening app, and disconnect after being idle for so long. Million thanks!!

Phone Info:
Alltel Touch Pro on Alltel/Verizon Network.
NFSFAN ROM 1.04
radio 1.12.20F

I too have these same problems as well.. but to add to your problem with the tab sms/Sense threaded sms.. I get a black bar about a half inch thick above the input area.. Its annoying because the response from the person Im texting, the letters are black so I cant see what they are saying unless I scroll. Plus it looks ugly. Some of the tabs in the sense can get disorted but tapping the home screen fixes it.

But overall to NFSFAN u ROCK and i choose ur ROMs over all anyday. I kno this is ur first try with the new sense UI and its pretty good so far and I cannot wait to see whats next up your sleeve.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
A little tip, tap on the thin space on the top left of the screen to bring up the task manager, I find that way a little faster/more reliable than holding a key to bring it up.
I noticed that too, but it does not work 100% and it's still not as fast as the old task manager in previous NFS releases, like the 1.0.0. ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development