PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty_rulez View Post
Oh ic well I guess I will wait for the release than. By the way when is it coming out? I just want the latest and greatest.
Only from NFSAN ROM

Will it be a new build or 23518?

Thanks
lol yep eric2k and nfsfan have done some awesome work together..and there is no release date that i know of yet so im sure whenever they feel its good to go we will be the first to know about it
Old 02-15-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

eric2k is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty_rulez View Post
By the way when is it coming out? I just want the latest and greatest.
Only from NFSAN ROM

Will it be a new build or 23518?

Thanks
1.05 will still be 23518 based. Release ETA: When it's ready aka soonish.

As for Windows Mobile 6.5.x Build Updates,
There is no real reason to upgrade Windows Mobile 6.5.X system builds too any of the newer leaks out right now. NFSFAN does not build his ROM's with the normal tools that other ROM cooks use. His method takes a ton more work and time for system build upgrades. The achieved result is worth it though. Proof is in the quality.

So unless a build which is worth the time comes out. The build stays the same. This has been his approach for last while, now since people stopped donating.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rajincajin26 is a n00b

phenominal rom NFSFAN, far and away the best I've tried. I really want to settle down with this bad boy for good, but having two small issues I was wondering if u could offer any help with - one, will there be any sort of patch to link the browser tab with whatever version of opera we're using? and two, I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that have never had a password, and for some reason it wont let me link up with them without one. any ideas?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

prcme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajincajin26 View Post
phenominal rom NFSFAN, far and away the best I've tried. I really want to settle down with this bad boy for good, but having two small issues I was wondering if u could offer any help with - one, will there be any sort of patch to link the browser tab with whatever version of opera we're using? and two, I have a pair of bluetooth headphones that have never had a password, and for some reason it wont let me link up with them without one. any ideas?
Try "0000"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

prcme is a n00b

I have been using NFSFAN's roms since I had a vogue, and I totally appreciate the hard work that has gone into all his ROMs. I am using 104 right now, and quality of the things he HAS included deserve applause. =D>
I need my phone for work, and this ROM runs very smooth and stable.
When the next rom is released I know it will be even better.
I have made a couple donations so far, and I believe that anyone else that makes a comment about waiting for the next release should be making a donation too.
Seeing "Thanks" on a web page is one thing, but I am sure it builds him up a little more when those "Thanks" are backed up by a few bucks in his paypal account.

Last edited by prcme; 02-15-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajincajin26 View Post
In 1.04 opera 10 worked as soon as I installed it (it asked if I wanted to make opera my default browser, I said yes and then it all just worked). In prior builds I used the following procedure to link the TF3D2.1 browser page to opera:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...al#post1407547
Old 02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2k View Post
1.05 will still be 23518 based. Release ETA: When it's ready aka soonish.

As for Windows Mobile 6.5.x Build Updates,
There is no real reason to upgrade Windows Mobile 6.5.X system builds too any of the newer leaks out right now. NFSFAN does not build his ROM's with the normal tools that other ROM cooks use. His method takes a ton more work and time for system build upgrades. The achieved result is worth it though. Proof is in the quality.

So unless a build which is worth the time comes out. The build stays the same. This has been his approach for last while, now since people stopped donating.

I must agree with this statment, something about NFSF's roms make them uncompareable in quality. NOT TO BASH OTHER COOKS, just these paticular make of roms seem to be the most stable/professional roms ive used. I will be sending a LONG OVERDUE donation your way, wont be much but at least you can get some smokes and coffe! :P around 20 bucks, Sorry bud but im losing my job so can't afford too much. You can expect to see that by the 24th of feb. Once im backup and running i will continue to donate to your casuse. I used to program and understand how much time, fustration and effort goes into these kinds of things, and i just want to let you know i aprreciate how much you've done for me just by making this rom. Only rom ill ever run! Keep it up bud, Your top notch!

and on a side note everyone should be aware of how long you've actually kept this up and UPDATING!! something that needs support, so please people DONATE! to this! What would you do without that rom that tickled your senses! and yes i know i shouldn't talk as mine is long overdue but hey its on its way!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

For making my phone relevant again, I sent $20 your way. Thanks man, really looking forward to the next build.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6850
Carrier: Verizon

calexander3 is a n00b

Can someone post a link to this Telus radio that I have been hearing about? I live in Wisconsin and thought I would try it out. Or is it only for Bell?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:48 PM
A7X
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

A7X is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by calexander3 View Post
Can someone post a link to this Telus radio that I have been hearing about? I live in Wisconsin and thought I would try it out. Or is it only for Bell?
it's a sticky on the "CDMA TP Upgrades" page
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74422
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development