View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
tori18

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistat57 View Post
Great sum up. I have the same buggy experiences. I can't use my alarm because my phone's screen locks up when I charge it overnight. It also locks up in my pocket if i don't use it after about 30 min. I have to soft reset to get my phone back on, and I miss all calls, texts, etc. If I set my backlight preferences to never turn off device on external and internal power, I can get past this, sometimes..., but the battery drains in about 4 hours. I think this issue should be a primary concern for the next update. I can't use my mobile phone...mobile-ly, without missing calls, draining battery before I get home, etc. I will make my donation as soon as I feel my phone all-around works better than a stock ROM. No offense, NFSFAN, you are a genius and the BEST chef by far.
I really love everything else about the ROM; I don't miss the programs tab because I can organize the start menu the same way. I know landscape mode is coming, which will be nice, but I have been able to deal without it easily. The nfsfan tabbed texting app is VERY SLOW to load messages when I want to reply from the messages tab, but I usually can get be that from tapping "all messages" which loads the WM default messages program and I reply from there, without delay. So no MAJOR flaws that I can't stand except the constant blank screen locking and battery issues (which may not be the ROM's fault, maybe I should try different radios for the battery issues or maybe my battery is getting old.) Anyone else have the same buggy issues and know work-arounds please help us out! I've noticed my #777 internet connection is constantly on, maybe draining battery...? Wi-fi and bluetooth are always off for me. Maybe a radio could connect to the internet only when opening app, and disconnect after being idle for so long. Million thanks!!

Phone Info:
Alltel Touch Pro on Alltel/Verizon Network.
NFSFAN ROM 1.04
radio 1.12.20F

I too have these same problems as well.. but to add to your problem with the tab sms/Sense threaded sms.. I get a black bar about a half inch thick above the input area.. Its annoying because the response from the person Im texting, the letters are black so I cant see what they are saying unless I scroll. Plus it looks ugly. Some of the tabs in the sense can get disorted but tapping the home screen fixes it.

But overall to NFSFAN u ROCK and i choose ur ROMs over all anyday. I kno this is ur first try with the new sense UI and its pretty good so far and I cannot wait to see whats next up your sleeve.