PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

hmmm.
rz, i've had a problem with both 28004 and 28005 that i can't resolve...whenever i put the device into lock, it uses the classic lock instead of the 6.5 slider lock. there's no option to change it under the lock settings (no display tab), and i don't know of any registry entries i can change. any suggestions?

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
We lost many improvements with 11-29
Selected my city and I don't have weather report in my clock only if I selected the default location I had it.
I have never seen manila put weather on the home screen for anything except "my location"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Been out a couple of days with the flu. It looks like lots of new developments as usual. I was just about to download last night's kitchen. Is it screwed though? What improvements have been lost? I've read back a few pages but it's hard to put it all together and tell which posts relate to what night's kitchen/ROM.
It is not screwed IMO. Everything works great and the whole thing runs very smooth and well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diveman View Post
wanted to say thank you raid for all your hard work. ive learned a lot from u and ur kitchen. just when i get it all tweaked and tuned the way i like it-Verizon decides to give me a tp2(my keyboard f'd up again). hope to see you over in that forum!
Maybe, we will see. I need to take a break from this obsession. I will be slowing down and probably changing to kithen to weekly..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzthebarber View Post
ok i ran calk and psyki kitchen it work, i found where the wince file was in calk and he has it in the rom folder/oemxipkernel. so i found yours just copy and paste. but what i didnt see in yours was a file called relfsd.dll what is that
oemxipkernel has lots of stuff in it that is the kernel. I keep my wince.nls in OEM justr because I liek it there. It doesnt matter where it is. My kitchen just checks for it in OEM. It keeps me from making a dud rom and forgetting to add it lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
OK. Thanks.
I am not a Grand Chief... I don't know which build is better and how to compare them. It's just because I read that 28005 was a great build with speed improvements and better battery life, which is what I'm looking for.
I you say that 23511 is better than 28005, it's OK.
What are the reasons why you really like 235xx series??ll

23091? I also read that this series was replaced by 28xxx. It appears that this info was wrong...

I am still using build 23502. This ROM was the best for me since I am trying 6.5.1 ROMs. Now I would like to update to have Sense and Manilla 2.5.

Thanks
I would still say 23511 is better than 28005. With 28005 and 23511, gwes.exe boots with 5mb less RAM used in 23511 than 28005. I think nothing has been replaced, they just keep lots of different development branches until they ever decide to merge them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
Currently running 23509 here with 11-27 Manila 2.5 port, in the 11-28 nightly kitchen. All seems great, though I'll say I'm also curious about the com5 vs WMD (as in 235xx vs 280xx) discussions starting up. Both seem great for speed/stability/battery life so far.

28002 was also pretty great for me, but then so was 23506. I'm getting some random app lockups on 23509 (Opera 10 and Twitter tab the only culprits so far).

Maybe I'll try out 23511 and 28005 just to check.

Oh, and I've tried out the Amarullz People Messaging hack. SMS works great, but I'm still looking for a way to get MMS to work out of that interface. Any ideas?
Opera 10 is buggy still. I do not know how to make MMS work via the manila interface
[QUOTE=m_reyna_16;1372688]couple of questions...

1. how can i make an EXT that will customize my startup screens with my own? also, id like to include my own .tsk file in that EXT so that it can replace everything with my customizations.
[/quote
Just make a new EXT that contains your own welcomehead.192.png for startup. tsk files are just cabs. you need wince cab manager to work with them.
Quote:
2. does anybody have an EXT for msn messenger? i tried to make one using the cab that RZ posted in the first post but failed to get it to work!
I just have the cab for windows live. It does not include the messenger. you can find that in SYS, just copy WLMessenger into EXT and convert it into an EXT (SYS items are just OEM's)
Quote:
3. how can i make an EXT that will put all of my apps in the start menu rather than folders? in other words, i dont want an internet folder, a tools folder, etc etc.

id like to add that i want to make everything into an EXT so that i can just add it and replace/make everything the way i want, rather than having to manually go into every kitchen and delete/add files
the way HTC and carriers do it is put EVERYTHING in one folder (pain in the ass to decipher) and they have ONE file that contains locations for all their shortcuts to their apps. it is initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409. I have a lot of my custom shortcuts in an EXT called shortcut placement, stuff that is not included there is in individual EXT folders in their app.dat files. Stuff that is still not there would remain in initflashfiles.dat. good luck. I have made a naked kitchen you might be better off starting with.. contains just drivers and titanium you can find it here: http://raidzero.alexauv.com/kitchens/naked
Quote:
EDIT: couple more not regarding EXTs...

1. how can i get threaded messaging in manila and/or get back the WM messaging back? reason i ask is because i cant get threaded messaging in manila and when i try to go to the "messaging" shortcut in start menu/office mobile/messaging, i only get the option to setup an email account, therefore not letting me see my texts...
what build?? it works for me on 23511 official 2.5 rom
Quote:
2. it may have been overlooked, but i asked earlier in the thread, how can i make manila weather update by connecting to my connection and then turning it off afterwards like in manila 2.1? i have to be connected to the internet in order for my weather to update and its kinda irritating to be doing this all the time

thanks in advance!
I have no idea, I just stay connected to the web all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raybudd View Post
any way to get your ringtones in a cab. I deleted some of them and hate to reflash cuz it's working soo good. Thanks
which ones? any of my ringtones are stock except for crank, and they are all in the kitchen. I can try to make you a ringtone cab later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
hmmm.
rz, i've had a problem with both 28004 and 28005 that i can't resolve...whenever i put the device into lock, it uses the classic lock instead of the 6.5 slider lock. there's no option to change it under the lock settings (no display tab), and i don't know of any registry entries i can change. any suggestions?
this has been fixed in 28005. get the latest kitchen, it is the script that disabled it. so by just downloading the sys and xip it probably did not work. when alexx (another sys releaser on xda) releases builds he includes the East-Asian lockscreen, my ktichen automatically disabled that in favor of non east-asian. turns out it doesnt matter which one is used so the new script ignores it and uses what is available. the other way around it is to rename lockscreenEA into lockscreenNonEA, and edit its DSM to reflect the new name. After that delete the skip file in it.

other news. I have let my kitchen take over my life. I need to take a break for a while and get some real things done. For example, get more certifications, learn some programming.. things that will benefit me professionally. Who knows the more I learn the more I can do for phones when I do have time .. so thanks to everyone for everything, it's been fun. This does not mean I am leaving for good. I just need to take a break and work on my real life too. I will write up some tutorial threads for those who want to learn, I am planning to make a "Everything raidzero knows" thread lol to help people learn to cook and write their own kitchens
Old 11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6850
Carrier: too many

mortersen is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to mortersen

how can i cook a rom for my vzw TP by ur kicthen.
ist the same way by what u post above?
i had flashed it with the rom cooked from ur kicthen.
it alway stop at the first boot page! T-T can u help me.tell me how 2 diy by ur kicthen for vzw tp.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

auTONYmous is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post

other news. I have let my kitchen take over my life. I need to take a break for a while and get some real things done. For example, get more certifications, learn some programming.. things that will benefit me professionally. Who knows the more I learn the more I can do for phones when I do have time .. so thanks to everyone for everything, it's been fun. This does not mean I am leaving for good. I just need to take a break and work on my real life too. I will write up some tutorial threads for those who want to learn, I am planning to make a "Everything raidzero knows" thread lol to help people learn to cook and write their own kitchens
Glad to hear that, I'm doing the same (certs, learning programming, etc). And I (for one) appreciate you slowing the kitchen down, it was getting to be a bear grabbing nightly kitchen updates (at 300+MB even...). Don't get me wrong, you're the first I've seen yet with THAT much dedication to what we're testing around here, and your hard work is GREATLY appreciated. Kudos.

The more I've used your kitchen, the more I like it. Not a knock to Calk's kitchen or any other Chefs, but there's simplicity built into RZ that I haven't seen before. I think I'm sold. Weekly is good enough for me. It usually takes me 3-4 days of use to find what's bugged anyway.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

RZ Bad news for me becuase I waited every nigth for your nice kitchen dosen't matter if I'll have to awake very early the next morning.

I understand your words but I want suggest something: If you combine your new proyects geting your certifications, learning and then you will teache us your aknowledge building kitchens and making only one kitchen a week not any more every nigth this will give you more time for you and we can lerrning every day from you to build kitchens.

Meanwhile I will learn more English

Last edited by jdm627; 11-30-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Thanks guys. Here is what I have written about my kitchen, and PRB in generel
Quote:
RZ Kitchen tutorial
Overview:

OEM – collection of files that form a package to provide a particular function to the ROM
Contains 1 RGU and 1 DSM, initflashfiles.dat and option.xml (obsolete)
RGU – plaintext file that contain registry entries, used in OEM format packages.
DSM – non-plaintext file that contains dependency, version, name information for a particular package.
GUID – hexadecimal number that identifies an OEM. The RGU and DSM will have the GUID as the filename and .DSM or .RGU as the extension. The GUID number also determines in what order the packages will be applied in the cooking process.
Initflashfiles.dat – this file sets where in the ROM files and shortcuts will be placed. The files referenced here do not necessarily need to be in the same package, but I do encourage it to keep this organized.
Option.xml – obsolete by the new generation of kitchens. This file used to be needed to present the package for selection in buildos.
BuildOS does not know how to handle duplicate files. For example, if you have fileA.txt in packageA and fileA.txt in packageB, buildOS processes packageA without issue but when it tries to process packageB it sees another file named fileA.txt and throws an error and crashes. This is very annoying to try and track down where the other file exists and decide which one you want to keep.. bottom line is BuildOS is very old and you should be using some form of platformrebuilder. (Visual Kitchen or otherwise)

EXT – more user-friendly next-generation type of package used by platformrebuilder. These packages do not require GUID’s or DSM files.
Contains 1 app.reg, 1 app.dat, files subfolder and locale subfolder (optional), _skip or _only* files
App.reg - same thing as an RGU, serves the exact same purpose, no difference between RGU file
App.dat – same as initflashfiles.dat
They are applied in cooking process alphabetically by name.
Files folder – in here go all your files and modules.
Locale folder – for WWE (worldwide English) we use 0409. This folder is used when making an EXT that can be used in multiple language kitchens.

Module – a module is basically a file, but you see it as a folder. Think of this like a source code to the file. Inside the folder you see an imageinfo.txt (this file contains information about where in memory this particular module will live.), S000, S001, etc. the S* files are what I call module source. Sometimes there is also a imageinfoPE.txt.

About modules – modules were designed for critical processes and files that are made to always stay loaded in RAM. A module has a designated address in RAM when the phone boots. Modules can be DLL files, MUI files, or executable files. A lot of people like to load up on modules because they believe they are good and everything should be a module because it will be faster. This is not the case. Modules do in fact load faster and operate faster because they are always in RAM. This means they do not have to be loaded and unloaded when called upon. This is known as residency. A resident process is always there. I learned from NFSFAN everything I know about modules. I like to keep the SYS modules as is, as a general rule of thumb, if it is in SYS, it is always used and always loaded in memory. I do not modulate MUI files unless they are in SYS. Chances are Microsoft knows what they are doing and the SYS should generally be left as is in terms of files and modules. For my kitchen, I keep the dll files in OEMDRIVERS modulated, and the executables as files. Modules require at least 64kb of memory to hold them. Therefore, it is a waste to modulate a 2kb file. It will end up wasting memory, which wastes CPU power, which wastes battery. The less modules you have that do not need to be (benefit from being) modules the better your RAM consumption will be.

_skip file – when an empty file with the name _skip is in the root directory of an EXT (root directory meaning top-level, the highest folder within the EXT (the name of the package). When platformrebuilder comes to this package it will be entirely ignored and not included in the ROM.

_only* file – Similar to _skip files, but work in the opposite direction. I have never seen one of these files in the wild, but I do use them in my kitchen. When platformrebuilder starts up it needs to have the following environment variables set:
BUILD – this the name of the build. If you (or whatever kitchen you are using) sets BUILD as titanium, then packages that contain _only_titanium files will be included in the ROM as well as any files that do not have an _only file in them. If BUILD is set to manila, then _only_titanium packages will be ignored and _only_manila files will get cooked in. It is allowed to have multiple _only files within a package. I also set my BUILD variable to both when I want titanium and manila in my ROM. So everyhwere I have a _only_titanium or _only_manila file, I also have an _only_both file.
ROMHDR – this is the path to a file (romhdr.bin) that contains memory address information for the kernel. Usually in ROM\
XIP_PATTERNS – path to the kernel. Generally ROM\XIP\*. The star means it will include all subfolders of XIP.
EXT_PATTERNS – path to the EXT files. If you categorize your EXTs by function as I do, you will; need to specify that here as *’s. For example, I have my EXTs in EXT\Baseline\1_system all the way through EXT\Baseline\9_registry. Therefor my EXT_PATTERNS variable looks like this:
EXT\Baseline\*\*. Meaning it will look in EXT\baseline, then then any subfolders within Baseline, and then finally within any subfolders within that subfolder.
OEM_PATTERNS – path to OEM files. For me, this is OEM\*. This means it will include all subfolders of OEM.
DSM_TEMPLATEthis is theDSM file that contains a template for all DSM’s. platformrebuilder rebuilds all DSM’s based on this file. This file resides in MSxipKernel. (rom\xip\msxipkernel). It cannot be anywhere else unless you specify the path to it. Otherwise it is just the name of the DSM: 723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
DSM_INCLUDES – I do not know what this is to be honest, it is set as *.* (everything)
SYS_LOC – where the SYS resides. generally SYS\ . At the end of this I will paste my entire kitchen script and explain what it does line-by-line to explain how I take advantage of these variables to provide flexibility within the kitchen.

SYS – this is the main core of windows mobile presented in OEM-style packages. In here is everything that makes up the core functionality of the system. Most windows drivers reside here. SYS usually comes in two formats, what I call old style and new style. New style means that the SYS folders are all categorized based on what they are: lang (0409 for WWE), resolution specific(dpi_192 for TP) , and global (shared). PRB (platformrebuilder) can handle SYS in any format you like, as long as SYS_LOC is set accordingly (SYS_LOC=SYS\*\*), I prefer the old style where everything is in one directory, easy to find. (SYS_LOC=SYS\*)

OEM – here you will find OEM-style packages. I use this for stuff that it essential to the ROM. Anything with OEM* in its name I put here. I also include dummy FWUPDATE and dummy SQM (normally part of SYS, but they are useless to me. More on this later) I also include wince.nls in here. I do not know exactly what wince.nls is, all I do know is it is part of the kernel and specific to the device.

ROM – here you will find the kernel or windows mobile. It contains two parts: oemxipkernel and msxipkernel. Oemxipkernel is never changing, it is specifically for the device, hence OEMxipkernel. Msxipkernel however changes with every new build from MS (hence, MSxipkernel). Os.nb.payload is also included here, this file contains critical information, without it the ROM will not boot.

Temp – a temporary directory where platformrebuilder places all the files it has rearranged to be made into a flashable rom.

Tools – directory that contains all the executable files that play with each other to make a ROM, also where I include tools I use to do various things like hex-editing, manila editing, package creating, OEM-EXT converting, shortcut creating, etc.

Here is my kitchen with a breakdown of what each section does, to give you an idea or a starting point if you want to create your own kitchen:

:start beginning of file
@echo off – does not show what each command is as it is executed, only its output unless redirected, you’ll see

Title Welcome to RZ Baseline Kitchen... – the title of the window as the kitchen runs

if EXIST temp echo Cleaning up after last run... – if the temp directory is still there, this displays the text that states it is removing it.
if EXIST temp rmdir /s /q temp - where it actually deletes the folder and all its subfolders and contents. (/s switch) /q means do it quietly, or do not list each file as it is erased and clutter up the window.
Cls – clear the screen after the first part finishes

copy TOOLS\msvcr71.dll . 1>nul 2>nul copy the file msvcr71.dll into the working directory – this is needed in case the user does not have the correct runtime libraries available (very rare)
copy "TOOLS\Donate to raidzero.url" . 1>nul 2>nul copy the donate link to the working directory

SET CHANGELOG=RUU\Changelog.txt – one of my custom environment variable that sets where the the changelog will reside.

if not exist %CHANGELOG% (
echo Welcome to raidzero's changelog, for your cooking pleasure! > .\RUU\Changelog.txt
echo __________________________________________________ _________ >> .\RUU\Changelog.txt
)
If the changelog file, does not exist, create it and write that text to the file. The > means replace the whole file with whatever follows it. >> means append to the file. From here on out, we will only append to this file.

set LOCALE=0409 – needed to set the locale. 0409 is WWE. This is only used when EXT packages have locale folders.
set /P NAME="Please Enter the name of your ROM: " – custom variable that will be used to name the rom for flashing
set /P buildver="Please enter your desired SYS/XIP version: " – custom variable to allow the user to cook multiple builds with the same kitchen
set /P BUILD="Please Enter titanium/manila/both/none (lowercase): " – sets the build (see how this is used? )
set /P skip="Would you like to baseline the SYS? (y/n): " custom variable to determine whether or not to trim useless items from the SYS
set /P pagepool="Please enter desired pagepool size (0-64): " –custom variable used to set page pool size

set ROMHDR=ROM\%buildver%\romhdr.bin
set XIP_PATTERNS=ROM\%buildver%\XIP\*
set SYS_PATTERNS=SYS\%buildver%\*
set OEM_PATTERNS=OEM\*
set EXT_PATTERNS=EXT\Baseline\*\*
set DSM_TEMPLATE=723fb954-d931-4348-b672-82a188e587b5.dsm
set DSM_INCLUDES=*.*
set SYS_LOC=SYS\%buildver%

those were all discussed earlier

if exist SYS\%buildver%\DPI_192 ( check for the existence of a folder named DPI_192 in SYS\buildver
echo Visual Kitchen SYS detected. If it exists assume it is the wrong style of SYS
cd %SYS_LOC% - change to the directory where the SYS is located
echo Please wait, converting SYS to our format... – tell the user to wait while it is converted to the correct format
echo _skip > skipfiles – create a temporary file that will be used by xcopy to tell it to not copy any _skip files.
xcopy DPI_192\0409 . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192\COMMON . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\0409 . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\COMMON . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy SHARED\0409 . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles
xcopy SHARED\COMMON . /D /H /E /C /Y /Q /EXCLUDE:skipfiles do the copying
del skipfiles delete the file called skipfiles as it is now useless
rmdir /S /Q SHARED remove this old dir
rmdir /S /Q DPI_192 remove this old dir
rmdir /S /Q DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640 remove this old dir
echo SYS converted. Tell the user its done
cd ..\.. go up two directories (back to the root of the kitchen)
)

if exist OEM\WinCENLS_WWE ( check for the existence of a folder called WinCENLS_WWE in OEM, if it exists, do the following:
echo Patching shell32.exe\s000 against timebomb.. – patch for timebomb, may or may not work, as the timebomb location is always changed.
cd TOOLS\xvi32 change to the xvi32 directory
xvi32 ..\..\SYS\%BUILDVER%\Shell\shell32.exe\S000 /S=remove_timebomb.xsc execute my xvi32 script that removes the timebomb.
cd ..\.. go up two directories
echo Patched! Tell the user it finished.
)

if not exist OEM\WinCENLS_WWE (check for the existence of a folder called WinCENLS_WWE in OEM, if it does not exist, do the following:
echo wince.nls not present in OEM. Aborting. Tell the user that it was not found
echo Without this the rom will not boot! Tell the user how important this file is
pause pause everything to let the information sink in.
exit –exit the kitchen
)

cd EXT\baseline – change to the EXT directory
echo Unlocking EXT files.. – tell the user what its doing
attrib -S -H -R /S remove all system, hidden, and read-only attributes from the files in EXT
echo Done! Tell the user it finished
echo Removing DSM's from EXT's.. tell the user what it happening
for /F "tokens=*" %%A in ('dir /S /B *.dsm') do del %%A >NUL delete every file with a DSM extension from all EXT,s
echo Removing RGU's from EXT's
for /F "tokens=*" %%A in ('dir /S /B *.rgu') do del %%A >NUL
echo Removing _skip's from EXT's
for /F "tokens=*" %%A in ('dir /S /B _skip') do del %%A >NUL
echo Removing Package.ini's from EXT's
for /F "tokens=*" %%A in ('dir /S /B Package.ini') do del %%A >NUL same thing for rgus, package.ini file and skip files
cd ..\..
cd SYS\%buildver%
echo Unlocking SYS files... inform user
attrib -S -H /S --S -H -R /S remove all system, hidden, and read-only attributes from the files in SYS
echo Done! Tell the user its done
cd ..\.. move up two directories, back to the root of the kitchen.

echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_both
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome\_only_titanium
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_DPI_192\_only_titanium
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Chome_Lang_0409\_only_titanium
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze\_only_titanium
echo > SYS\%buildver%\BronzeNonEA\_only_titanium
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Bronze_DPI_192\_only_titanium

make _only files for the SYS elements that are titanium only.

if %skip% == y ( check to see if the skip variable we set earlier is yes, if it is…
echo > SYS\%buildver%\ADC\_skip skip ADC – not sure what it is, but it is not needed
echo > SYS\%buildver%\ADC_lang_0409\_skip skip ADC’s locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlash\_skip skip flash
echo > SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlash_Lang_0409\_skip skip flash’s locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlashCodecs\_skip skip flash codecsd
echo > SYS\%buildver%\AUTOUPDATE\_skip skip windows update
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Autoupdate_lang_0409\_skip skip windows update locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment\_skip skip all games
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_DPI_192\_skip skip games DPI files (font size)
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_Lang_0409\_skip skip games locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_lang_0409_DPI_192\_sk ip skip games locale and DPI files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\IRDA\_skip -infrared? Do we have IR on our phones? no
echo > SYS\%buildver%\IRDA_Lang_0409\_skip same thing but for locale specific files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\MSTag\_skip tag reader – reads barcodes, not necessary
echo > SYS\%buildver%\MSTag_Lang_0409\_skip tag reader locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Livesearch\_skip live search
echo > SYS\%buildver%\OneNote\_skip one note, part of office. I find the WM notes app sufficient
echo > SYS\%buildver%\OneNote_Lang_0409\_skip onenote’s local files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\SampleMusic\_skip sample mp3 files. A complete waste of megabytes
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Skybox\_skip myphone, I keep a better version (made by juggalo_x) in EXT
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Skybox_Lang_0409\_skip myphones, locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket\_skip marketplace
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket_Lang_0409\_skip marketplace locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter\_skip we know how to use our phones if we are cooking ROMs…
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter_Lang_0409\_skip welcome center locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive\_skip windows live, I have it cabbed for those who want it.
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive_Lang_0409\_skip windows live locale
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive_DPI_192\_skip windows live DPI-specific files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLiveIM\_skip Instant messenger for Windows Live
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WMWidgets_Lang_0409\_skip widgets locale files
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WMMoneyWidget\_skip money widget
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WMWeatherWidget\_skip weather widget
echo > SYS\%buildver%\WMWidgets\_skip widgets framework
)

if %skip% == n ( if the users does not want to trim the sys, enable the following elements by deleting their skip files:
del SYS\%buildver%\ADC\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\ADC_lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlash\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlash_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\AdobeFlashCodecs\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\AUTOUPDATE\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Autoupdate_lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_DPI_192\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Entertainment_lang_0409_DPI_192\_sk ip
del SYS\%buildver%\IRDA\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\IRDA_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\MSTag\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\MSTag_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\OneNote\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\OneNote_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\SIM_TKit\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Skybox\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Skybox_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive_DPI_192\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLiveIM\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WMWidgets_Lang_0409\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WMMoneyWidget\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WMWeatherWidget\_skip
del SYS\%buildver%\WMWidgets\_skip
)

ren SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket\WMMLauncher.lnk \SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket\Skymarket.lnk remove the marketplace shortcut
del SYS\%buildver%\Skymarket\*marketplace*.provxml delete the provxml that recreates the marketplace shortcut
echo > SYS\%buildver%\FWUPDATE\_skip skip the useless FWUPDATE – in theory this is used for carriers to send out ROM upgrades OVER THE AIR?! I see a catastrophe in the making.
echo > SYS\%buildver%\SQM\_skip Soemthing about quality assurance “do you want to help make windows better?” no we are doing that now on our own
echo > SYS\%buildver%\Perfbox\_skip a tool used by MS to gauge performance of ROM’s its great, if you know how to read its files it makes. Only MS does and it has not been leaked that I know of. Therefore, it’s a waste of space.

REM Clean up the Start menu... the following lines remove shortcuts from the start menu and the provxmls that place them
del SYS\%buildver%\Skybox\*MyPhone*.provxml
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLiveIM\*windowsliveim*.provx ml
ren SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive\WLMLauncher.lnk "Windows Live.lnk"
del SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLive\*windowslive*.provxml
ren SYS\%buildver%\Skybox\MyPhoneConsole.lnk "My Phone.lnk"
ren SYS\%buildver%\WindowsLiveIM\WLMMessenger.lnk Messenger.lnk
ren SYS\%buildver%\RemoteDesktopMobile\wpctsc.lnk "Remote Desktop.lnk"
del SYS\%buildver%\Base_Lang_0409\*alarms*.provxml
del SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter_Lang_0409\*welcomecen ter*.provxml
ren SYS\%buildver%\WelcomeCenter\welcomecenter.lnk "Getting Started.lnk"

REM skip Chinese codepage ignore the shinese stuff..
echo > Sys\%buildver%\gb18030\_skip
REM skip SIM toolkit ignore the GSM Stuff…
echo > SYS\%buildver%\SIM_TKit\_skip

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%R IN ('date /t') DO SET DATE=%%R make a variable called DATE with the current date
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%R IN ('time /t') DO SET TIME=%%R make a variable called TIME with the current time
Cls – slear the screen again
echo Building ROM: %NAME% Version %BUILDVER% %pagepool%MB pagepool print the name of the rom, the SYS version, and the pagepool size to the screen.

echo (%DATE% %TIME%) Building ROM: %NAME%-%BUILD%(%BUILDVER%) %pagepool%MB pagepool >> %CHANGELOG% print all the same stuff to the changelog for review later.
del SYS\%buildver%\Redist\welcome.lnk 1>nul 2>nul delete the link to the welcome app in the SYS, as I have my own version in EXT
TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe YAY! Finally, platformrebuilder runs and does its magic
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error if there were no errors continue, if there were, go to the error part

ren donation.url "Donate to bepe.url" 1>nul 2>nul – rename the donation link to donate to bepe.
del donation.url 1>nul 2>nul delete the old link

REM ================================================== =========================================

start "Creating ROM..." /D temp /WAIT "%~d0%~p0TOOLS\CreateROM.bat" where the second part of the kitchen takes over.. createrom.bat (it will be discussed next)
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error

REM ================================================== =========================================

echo Executing HTC ROM Tool- tell the user what’s going on.

echo [Project] > .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo Magic=kateiloveyou >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo Version=1 >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo [Buildrom] >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo Device=Kaiser >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo ModelId=RAPH6400 >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo CountryId=11111111 >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj
echo VersionId=%NAME% >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj – stamp the name the user chose on the NBH file
echo LanguageId=WWE >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj

echo Sect_0x400=False,"OS-new.nb" >> .\temp\herm.htcrtproj create a file called herm.htcrtproj in temp (this file is used by htc rom tool to make an NBH)

tools\htcrt.exe /buildrom "%cd%\temp\herm.htcrtproj" "%cd%\temp\RAPHIMG.nbh" run htc rom tool with the file herm.htcrtproj as an argument and tell it where to place and what to name the output nbh

del .\temp\herm.htcrtproj 1>nul 2>nul delete the temporary file when finished

echo. Print a blank line

del .\temp\OS-new.nb delete the os.new.nb file as it is not needed
del .\RUU\RAPHIMG.nbh 1>nul 2>nul delete the current NBH file to make room for the new one
move .\temp\RAPHIMG.nbh .\RUU copy the final NBH file to the ruu directory.

echo.
REM echo Executing Pagepool Changer... tell the user what is going on
cd RUU change to the RUU directory
echo Executing Update Utility... tell the user what is going on
echo.
echo Enjoy your flash! tell the user what is going on

FOR /F "tokens=*" %%R IN ('date /t') DO SET DATE=%%R create date variable
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%R IN ('time /t') DO SET TIME=%%R create time variable ( to tell how long it took to cook )
echo (%DATE% %TIME%) Build Completed! >> Changelog.txt print the date and time to the changelog file
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%A IN ('dir RAPHIMG.nbh ^| FIND "RAPHIMG"') DO SET IMAGEATTRIBS=%%A print the name and file size of the nbh file to a variable called IMGAEATTRIBS
echo %IMAGEATTRIBS% print the variable contents to the screen
echo %IMAGEATTRIBS% >> Changelog.txt also print that info to the changelog.
set /P NOTES="Please enter any changes for the changelog: " create a variable called notes and allow the user to put whatever they want in it.
echo (%DATE% %TIME%) Notes: %NOTES% >> Changelog.txt put the date and time and the notes in the changelog

start ROMUpdateUtility.exe start flashing!

echo Removing temporary files used... delete everything
del ..\msvcr71.dll
rmdir /s /q ..\temp
echo.
echo Done!!!
pause

goto :EOF goto end of file, there is nothing there so this is the same as exit.

:error error label
echo.
echo ERROR! (errorlevel: %errorlevel%) print the error level to the screen
echo Cleaning up...
rmdir /s /q temp remove temporary files
pause pause to let the info sink in
exit exit the kitchen

CREATEROM.BAT:
@echo off do not print commands to screen, only output unless redirected
Title Creating ROM.. title of the window
echo Now repairing System Attributes tell the user what is going on
cd dump >NUL change to the dump directory
attrib S00? +H /S >NUL make all S* files inside modules hidden
attrib *.dll +S +H +R >NUL make all dll’s system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.exe +S +H +R >NUL make all exe’s system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.lnk -S -H -R >NUL make all lnk’s not system, hidden or readonly
attrib *.csv +S +H +R >NUL make all csv’s system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.htm +S +H +R >NUL make all htm files system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.mui +S +H +R >NUL make all muis system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.doc +S +H +R >NUL make all .doc files system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.dat +S +H +R >NUL make all dat files system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.provxml +S +H +R >NUL make all provxmls system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.xls +S +H +R >NUL make all xls files system, hidden and readonly
attrib *.xml +S +R >NUL make all xmls system and read only
attrib *_manila +H >NUL make all manila files hidden
attrib *manil* +H >NUL make all manila files hidden
attrib *.mid +S +R >NUL make all mid files system and read only
attrib *.vol +S +R >NUL make all .vol files system and read only
attrib *.txt +S +R >NUL make all txt files system and read only
attrib *.wav +S +R >NUL make all .wav files system and read only
attrib *.wma +S +R >NUL make all wma’s hidden and read-only
attrib *.png +H >NUL make all PNG files hidden
attrib *.brn +H >NUL make all brn files hidden
attrib *.gif +S +R >NUL make all gifs system and read-only
attrib *.jpg +S +R >NUL make al jpg files system and read only
attrib *.bmp +S +R +H >NUL make all bmp system and read only
REM Fix for smartskey.inf COMMENT in the code, does not get read by the windows batch parser
attrib *.inf -S -R -H >NUL make all inf files not hidden, system or read only
attrib +A +R +H +S *.provxml >NUL make all provxmls hidden, systm, read only, set the ARCHIVE bit
attrib -H -S -R *.jpg >NUL make all jpgs not hidden system or read only
attrib -H -S -R *.bmp >NUL not hidden system or read only
ECHO. Fixed Attributes.. tell the user
cd.. move up one dir ( to temp )

ren ..\donation.url "Donate to bepe.url" 1>nul 2>nul rename bepe’s donate link
copy "donate to raidzero.url" .. 1>nul 2>nul move my own into the kitchen root.

echo Copying OS.nb.payload... inform the user
copy ..\ROM\%buildver%\OS.nb.payload ..\temp\OS.nb.payload copy the payload file into temp

echo.
..\TOOLS\ervius_implantxip -xip xip.bin -payload ..\temp\OS.nb.payload -pp %pagepool% -uldr –nocert this is where the xip is inserted into the payload and the page pool is set

echo.
..\TOOLS\IMGFS\ImgfsFromNb ..\temp\OS.nb.payload imgfs.bin this creates IMGFS.bin from the payload (after the xip has been inserted)

..\TOOLS\IMGFS\ImgfsFromDump ..\temp\imgfs.bin imgfs-new.bin this makes imgfs.bin from the whole dump folder as imgfs-new.bin (since the payload is now in there and is basically the whole rom)

..\TOOLS\IMGFS\ImgfsToNb ..\temp\imgfs-new.bin OS.nb.payload OS-new.nb.payload –bigstoragemove this is where the new imgfs is converted to a new os.nb.payload

..\TOOLS\IMGFS\NBMerge -kaiser ..\temp\OS-new.nb NBmerge with the Kaiser flag

del ..\temp\imgfs-new.bin
del .\temp\imgfs.bin
del ..\temp\OS.nb.payload
del ..\temp\OS-new.nb.payload remove unused stuff

exit 0

:error
echo.
echo ERROR! (errorlevel: %errorlevel%)
pause
exit 1
hope it helps take some of the mystery out of it.. as fasr as VZW goes, you need working OEMDRIVERS from the stock VZW ROM, and a working VZW carrier package.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Did you ever figure out the double power.lnk issue?
Old 11-30-2009, 02:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
Did you ever figure out the double power.lnk issue?
no, that eluded me and still does.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
no, that eluded me and still does.
I gotcha (found it)

1st one:
Under OEM\OEM_Lang_0409\fb98868f-a9e9-4d0f-bff6-d3c234e739ec.rgu:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MyCpl\7]
"CmdLine"=""
"File"="Powerexe.exe"
"Name"="Power"
"Description"="Power"
2nd one:
Under EXT\Baseline\2_manila_dependencies_2.5\Power_3_5_0 _1\0409\app.reg

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MyCpl\4]
"Description"="Power"
"Name"="Power"
"File"="Powerexe.exe"
"CmdLine"=""
Get rid of one or the other. I vote delete the 2nd.

Last edited by auTONYmous; 11-30-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: misspoke
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
this has been fixed in 28005. get the latest kitchen, it is the script that disabled it. so by just downloading the sys and xip it probably did not work. when alexx (another sys releaser on xda) releases builds he includes the East-Asian lockscreen, my ktichen automatically disabled that in favor of non east-asian. turns out it doesnt matter which one is used so the new script ignores it and uses what is available. the other way around it is to rename lockscreenEA into lockscreenNonEA, and edit its DSM to reflect the new name. After that delete the skip file in it.
hm, i did try 28005 with last night's kitchen, but it didn't appear to work. i'll try the lockscreenNonEA thing next time i flash

Quote:
raidzero, we appreciate the dedication you have put towards your thread and the time. and yes, although we have all grown to love your nightly kitchen updates and how quickly you are on top of everything, we absolutely understand that real life is infinitely more important than our gadgets.

i'm totally guilty of that too. many times has my gf complained to me about spending too much time flashing my phone...especially when i only have one to play with, and she can't call me

in any case, even if updates are only once a week or w/e, i'm still going to be using your kitchen while you still do support it best of luck with your weaning off this addiction, haha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development