PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
on a side note: I just unwrapped a VZW TP2 and omg it is sexy. SO much easier to use... no TAB key though!
This doesn't mean you're going to be leaving TP-land does it?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

omahajs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 23<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069/71/75 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

I just flashed the 23071 rom and so far I like it. It seems to not be so bloated on my vzw tp which is needed.

One question though. I've become used to the nice finger-friendly menus in some of the other roms. Is this something I can install from a cab, or does it have to be cooked in? I've tried fingersuite before and I'm not a big fan of that, but is there a way to get the menu enhancements from a cab?

Thanks for your work.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

sephiroth_4 is just getting started

Quote:
the x button does not close programs on 6.5.1, you have to use the task manager to do that. That is a known issue with 6.5.1

on a side note: I just unwrapped a VZW TP2 and omg it is sexy. SO much easier to use... no TAB key though!
lucky!!! Well @ least us tp1 users will have pinpoint accuracy as we type on our square buttons! Have fun!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

No I will not leave tp land, but a lot of my focus will be turned to the TP2 as soon as the unlocker lands (maybe tonight). I am getting nowhere in porting that new manila. Nothing has ever been so frustrating. I am going to leave that to the people who speak LUA (manila's scripting language) I had never even heard of it until yesterday lol. Anyway, this TP2 is only a loan from VZW (testing some stuff for them in my area involving PRLs and coverage), I need to give it back in 15 days and after that I will be using my Sprint TP until I can switch my line to VZW and get a TP2 as my main device.

omahajs, Sharkie detailed somewhere in this thread how to turn on HTC menus globally in manila. If you mean titanium, then it is already finger friendly as long as you stick with the calkulin flamerise theme
Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
omahajs, Sharkie detailed somewhere in this thread how to turn on HTC menus globally in manila. If you mean titanium, then it is already finger friendly as long as you stick with the calkulin flamerise theme
I thought I did. It didn't work though.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

omahajs is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 16<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
This thread died quick! Anyway, I believe that I've come across the answer to one of my issues with the Manila version of the 23069 ROM. I wanted HTC Menus throughout. I came across a note I had jotted down. I don't remember where I got it, so sorry for not being able to give credit where credit is due. I've tested it out on MurdaROM, but not RZ ROM.

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu--CUI Handler: Change REG_DWORD to 1 for HTC Menus or 0 for Windows Menus.

Someone running RZ's 23069 Manila ROM test it out and let me know...
Just asked about this above, but I don't have this reg value in the 23071 Rom. I guess I'm looking for HTC Menu Enhancements in all menus (titanium and manila) like the pic below. I've run other roms where there seems to be something like this cooked in. Is there a cab to get this look?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rhodium2.jpg (51.9 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I thought I did. It didn't work though.
I think it is HTC menu enhancement, it is not in my kitchen. I will find it and add it though, manila pretty much takes over the phone, may as well take over the menus too
Old 10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 16<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 23069 TF3d 2.1 & Titanium

Quote:
This thread died quick! Anyway, I believe that I've come across the answer to one of my issues with the Manila version of the 23069 ROM. I wanted HTC Menus throughout. I came across a note I had jotted down. I don't remember where I got it, so sorry for not being able to give credit where credit is due. I've tested it out on MurdaROM, but not RZ ROM.

HKLM\System\GWE\Menu--CUI Handler: Change REG_DWORD to 1 for HTC Menus or 0 for Windows Menus.

Someone running RZ's 23069 Manila ROM test it out and let me know...
Quote:
So this string is non-existent in RZ's ROM. I tried to add it but it didn't change anything. I added a new DWord string and added the value, but nothing. Anyone know why?
That's where I got with that. RZ, if now that you've dabbled in Manila a little bit you have any thoughts as to why that didn't work, I love to hear.

I'd pretty much given up on getting Manila menus with RZ's ROM/Kitchen. It's badass enough that I could get over it.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I think it is HTC menu enhancement, it is not in my kitchen. I will find it and add it though, manila pretty much takes over the phone, may as well take over the menus too
oh, cool! That was easy.

*Edit*

I've been fishing around for an HTC Menu Enhancement cab. Your ROM/Kitchen seems to be impervious to HTC Menus. I've installed like 6 different kinds, all different ways, hard reset, soft reset, diff. combos...the whole 9 yards. None of it works.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-28-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
oh, cool! That was easy.

*Edit*

I've been fishing around for an HTC Menu Enhancement cab. Your ROM/Kitchen seems to be impervious to HTC Menus. I've installed like 6 different kinds, all different ways, hard reset, soft reset, diff. combos...the whole 9 yards. None of it works.

lol @ impervious. I will check it out, it will probably need to be cooked in

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development