PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Added the Co0kie Home Tab mod to my Manila 2.5.2012 build too. I like the extra functionality, especially with the automatic call history ala 2.1
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 03-10-2010, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I have that part of Cookie disabled. I have cooked in the call history tab which I love! Of course Cookies mod shows me a missed call on the home screen, if I have one.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
MSXIPKernel is the part of the native kernel which changes every build, so it does make a difference =P The rest of the native kernel is device-specific.

Since rebuilding with 28011 (modified to have threaded emailing), I've had no suspend-wakeup issues...I think it's a bug with the later 25XXX builds, read about it on the Da_G sys thread.

28011 really has been gold for me. Every time I go back to it, I'm impressed by the stability and speed =)
I have never tried 28011. Started using 23518 right after raid first released it as ROM. Shortly after started playing with his kitchen. 23518 has never give me any problems.

I have also removed Stocks and Twitter for Sense. I don't use these and it saved about 3.77 MB in Kitchen. Sense seems a little faster to.

Found a 23544 rollup that I flashed lastnight to try. So far no trouble. Battery life is a lot better for some reason. Off charger at 7:30 AM and it is at 90% as of now with lite usage.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
I have never tried 28011. Started using 23518 right after raid first released it as ROM. Shortly after started playing with his kitchen. 23518 has never give me any problems.

I have also removed Stocks and Twitter for Sense. I don't use these and it saved about 3.77 MB in Kitchen. Sense seems a little faster to.

Found a 23544 rollup that I flashed lastnight to try. So far no trouble. Battery life is a lot better for some reason. Off charger at 7:30 AM and it is at 90% as of now with lite usage.
I vaguely remember 23518...tried it for a day or something, but there was a reason I went back to 28011 back then too.

Hmm, good idea, I should remove Stocks/Twitter too. Did you just remove the packages? Did you have to add any additional reg edits?

Maybe I should try 23544 too. Link to rollup?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Of course Cookies mod shows me a missed call on the home screen, if I have one.
Yup, that's why I have Co0kie's mod =)

Didn't really see the need to have the an entire tab for call history, but might throw it in anyways
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Guys, you have all been good to me, it was a pleasure cooking for all of you. I will let you in on a secret that I discovered. If you want to get an extra kick out of your manila, strip it of its about 1,000 files worth of other languages. Believe me, the ROM is a lot faster with 1,000 files less cluttering up the windows directory, manila is bloated enough as it is... This is one of the things that made my 2.5 as fast as it was. Back then I did it all manually, but nowadays I have a script I wrote that does it for me. It takes a long time to run, and you may need to modify the paths to your manila directory... but here it is, all you need to do is place this batch file in the root of the kitchen, check the paths to make sure they are going to the right places and let it rip.

since it does delete a ton of files I do recommend backing up your manila_files directory in case the paths are incorrect, etc. Let me know if I can help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar RZ_Manila_Lang_Removal.rar (655 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
I vaguely remember 23518...tried it for a day or something, but there was a reason I went back to 28011 back then too.

Hmm, good idea, I should remove Stocks/Twitter too. Did you just remove the packages? Did you have to add any additional reg edits?

Maybe I should try 23544 too. Link to rollup?
To remove manila tab you have to edit 26948339_manila in manila core. Then yes just remove the Stocks and Twitter packages from kitchen.
They are still listed on Personalize Home Screen Tabs page. I haven't figured out how to remove from there yet.

I can't remember where I got 23544, but if I find it will post link. Did find 23545 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ases&page=1341 post 13407. There is also some talk about it on next few pages.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Guys, you have all been good to me, it was a pleasure cooking for all of you. I will let you in on a secret that I discovered. If you want to get an extra kick out of your manila, strip it of its about 1,000 files worth of other languages. Believe me, the ROM is a lot faster with 1,000 files less cluttering up the windows directory, manila is bloated enough as it is... This is one of the things that made my 2.5 as fast as it was. Back then I did it all manually, but nowadays I have a script I wrote that does it for me. It takes a long time to run, and you may need to modify the paths to your manila directory... but here it is, all you need to do is place this batch file in the root of the kitchen, check the paths to make sure they are going to the right places and let it rip.

since it does delete a ton of files I do recommend backing up your manila_files directory in case the paths are incorrect, etc. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks Raid, I have been keeping a watch on your TP2 thread. Congrats
Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
To remove manila tab you have to edit 26948339_manila in manila core. Then yes just remove the Stocks and Twitter packages from kitchen.
They are still listed on Personalize Home Screen Tabs page. I haven't figured out how to remove from there yet.

I can't remember where I got 23544, but if I find it will post link. Did find 23545 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ases&page=1341 post 13407. There is also some talk about it on next few pages.
You removed the entire section, from <page> to </page>, corrected the page numbers, removed the packages themselves and the entries are still in the customize tabs screen??? That is all I had to do to completely wipe out footprints and documents on tp2 (leo 2.10 manila 2.5)...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
You removed the entire section, from <page> to </page>, corrected the page numbers, removed the packages themselves and the entries are still in the customize tabs screen??? That is all I had to do to completely wipe out footprints and documents on tp2 (leo 2.10 manila 2.5)...
Just like that except correct page numbers. Could this be why they still show up. With what little info I found on this I was just happy it booted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development