View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Guys, you have all been good to me, it was a pleasure cooking for all of you. I will let you in on a secret that I discovered. If you want to get an extra kick out of your manila, strip it of its about 1,000 files worth of other languages. Believe me, the ROM is a lot faster with 1,000 files less cluttering up the windows directory, manila is bloated enough as it is... This is one of the things that made my 2.5 as fast as it was. Back then I did it all manually, but nowadays I have a script I wrote that does it for me. It takes a long time to run, and you may need to modify the paths to your manila directory... but here it is, all you need to do is place this batch file in the root of the kitchen, check the paths to make sure they are going to the right places and let it rip.

since it does delete a ton of files I do recommend backing up your manila_files directory in case the paths are incorrect, etc. Let me know if I can help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar RZ_Manila_Lang_Removal.rar (655 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!