PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   MultiMedia Super ROM GLOBAL MEDIA, LIVE TV, Digital Movies Videos NFL2010 Built In (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=72943)

quick99si 07-04-2009 08:00 PM

Re: Ultimate LIVE MultiMedia ROM FACEBOOK UPLOADER YouTube TCPMP SkyFire WVD ALL BUIL

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnuts5423 (Post 1014661)
This thread is out of control. Can we get to actually productive conversation instead of this BS babble. I like this rom but theres a few nitches I'd like to get worked out. Hard to get a word in edge wise with all this flaming.
Tech, I installed your pandora exe. It still doesnt work for me. Im using the sprint 6.5 version you zipped up. Any chance of getting your original cab? I dont understand why it work for you and not me.
2)is there a way to get the usb to pc option? Its not there in settings, and the pop up window doesnt come on when i sync it up. I have to manually start internet sharing. Any fix for this?
Ohh, Any fix on the face book thing?

Give this one a try. It's possible that it's the same file you tried, but it did work for me..

heydjbobby74 07-04-2009 11:39 PM

Re: Ultimate LIVE MultiMedia ROM FACEBOOK UPLOADER YouTube TCPMP SkyFire WVD ALL BUIL

despite trying this ROM 4 times already, here I go again! It has only been updated 37 times... so it's gotta be right this time! Wish me luck!

Edit: Ok I flashed to Techs 6.1 ROM. I'm trying to be constructive here Tech, so keep your panties on!

1. After opening Skyfire I found that hulu doesn't work in Techs ROm either, but other video sites do
2. There is not an option Active Sync/Disk/Internet Connection when using USB cable to PC.
3. I don't see how the video quality is any better than any other ROM I have used! It looks exactly the same on each ROM I have tried. This includes the TCMCD player.
4. It seems to take awhile longer to active sync to my PC than other ROM's.
5. I am not a fan of the UFO at the start-up, can we take that off and keep the ROM?
6. Can't upload the clear flip clock I like.
7. The 'All new YouTube player' looks exactly like all other ROM versions.
8. I DO NOT like the SPB mobile shell, can you disable that?

this is all in just 30 minutes of using your ROM Tech. I think that one could simply put alot of the cab and programs that they like in this ROM on a different ROM of their choice. Basically, what is it that is the game changer? Why would I want to stay here? This ROM is not the fastest ROM yet in my opinion.
You need to have more choices in this ROM, instead of sticking others with what it is that YOU like! Maybe someone doesn't care for the things you like...? Just a thought... Also, when flashing to another ROM, I have to actually flash back to stock ROM to get your UFO off the start-up screen, but just to get my device working properly altogether. Why is that?

Tech fans, feel free do defend!

gorelow 07-05-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 (Post 1014867)
despite trying this ROM 4 times already, here I go again! It has only been updated 37 times... so it's gotta be right this time! Wish me luck!

Edit: Ok I flashed to Techs 6.1 ROM. I'm trying to be constructive here Tech, so keep your panties on!

1. After opening Skyfire I found that hulu doesn't work in Techs ROm either, but other video sites do
2. There is not an option Active Sync/Disk/Internet Connection when using USB cable to PC.
3. I don't see how the video quality is any better than any other ROM I have used! It looks exactly the same on each ROM I have tried. This includes the TCMCD player.
4. It seems to take awhile longer to active sync to my PC than other ROM's.
5. I am not a fan of the UFO at the start-up, can we take that off and keep the ROM?
6. Can't upload the clear flip clock I like.
7. The 'All new YouTube player' looks exactly like all other ROM versions.
8. I DO NOT like the SPB mobile shell, can you disable that?

this is all in just 30 minutes of using your ROM Tech. I think that one could simply put alot of the cab and programs that they like in this ROM on a different ROM of their choice. Basically, what is it that is the game changer? Why would I want to stay here? This ROM is not the fastest ROM yet in my opinion.
You need to have more choices in this ROM, instead of sticking others with what it is that YOU like! Maybe someone doesn't care for the things you like...? Just a thought... Also, when flashing to another ROM, I have to actually flash back to stock ROM to get your UFO off the start-up screen, but just to get my device working properly altogether. Why is that?

Tech fans, feel free do defend!

i dont have even half the smarts to test the way you did, but one thing about this rom that i really like is that its stabile. maybe other roms are as well , but ive flashed tons and i either get a freezing screen at the end of a call. or a screen that opens up five windows when im trying to just text in landscape. not always of course, but ive had zero problems with rom. that is a selling point for me. i dont get the space ship problem you guys are so against at start up, im a flight attendent and even i dont start my phone that often. plus hes putting his signature on the rom that way. just my opinion. you guys could always just turn away when its booting up.

heydjbobby74 07-05-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 1014983)
i dont have even half the smarts to test the way you did, but one thing about this rom that i really like is that its stabile. maybe other roms are as well , but ive flashed tons and i either get a freezing screen at the end of a call. or a screen that opens up five windows when im trying to just text in landscape. not always of course, but ive had zero problems with rom. that is a selling point for me. i dont get the space ship problem you guys are so against at start up, im a flight attendent and even i dont start my phone that often. plus hes putting his signature on the rom that way. just my opinion. you guys could always just turn away when its booting up.

Regarding other ROMS, after you flash to a new ROM, it is not necassary to, but highly advised to hard reset after a NEW flash on any rom. As for Tech's ROM, the UFO isn't a big deal if I were using his ROM, but when I go back to another ROM, the UFO stays. Lastly, it doesn't take alot of smarts to test the way I did. I just simply turned on my phone after the flash to techs rom, and started using it, and immediately noticed those things.

heydjbobby74 07-05-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 1014983)

What are you basing its stability on? Stability to me is really an issue of how much and exactly what do you use on the TP? If you only use a few programs and they never fail, then yeah its stable, but what if you use most of the programs and 1 or 2 fails, or just are slow, is it still stable? Just wondering?

sal475 07-05-2009 04:19 AM

Hey tried out your rom liked it, but not what I need. I did find one problem it is missing the USB to PC set up under connections so I cant connect to my pc with active sync any cab or fix for this..? Thanks any help would b great.](*,)

retrodeviant 07-05-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shach84 (Post 1016095)
I didn't like this ROM so I reflashed, but now the UFO symbol is there on every other ROM that I flash. How can I remove it? The UFO I'm talking about is the one in designers avatar.

Flashing back to stock works.

Technology1 07-06-2009 05:28 PM

Re: 23001 MultiMedia Super ROM theChanner Built In YouTube TCPMP SkyFire WVD ALL BUIL

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_c_s (Post 1017500)
Still getting used to some of the nuances of this ROM and have a quick question... I notice that the Clear Storage icon in settings no longer exists, and I am unable to hard reset my phone using the manual button method (I've been able to on older Touch Pro's but not the latest one)...I assume *The "Tech1 Clear Storage Super1 ROM" app is meant to replace it? If so, how does it work? I installed it on the phone and don't see it visible anywhere...should there be an icon I can click to clear storage? If not, how do the rest of you go about doing this? Thanks

The clear storage hot fix is located in post #3, it's mention in the instructions....{LOL}:drunken:

t0mmyr 07-07-2009 03:48 AM

Re: Saturn Liberty Movies Built In, theChannerTV MultiMedia Super ROM YouTube SkyFire

it looks like your making some good progress with your rom, im gonna try it out again now, i'd like to see what that channer thing is all about and if i can get that saturn movie thing working too

Technology1 07-07-2009 04:12 AM

Re: Saturn Liberty Movies Built In, theChannerTV MultiMedia Super ROM YouTube SkyFire

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1019194)
um, wait a minute, which one is the download for the newest rom? i thought i saw ur title change to 23003 a few hours ago, which one is loaded with the most stuff to play with?

ALL, THE 23003 IS THE LATEST NEW BUILD.....!:drunken: