PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
The ability to move the start menu icons by drag and drop no longer works, I really liked being able to do that.
what version are you using? 7-29? I'm downloading now

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
VZW phones are VERY picky when it comes to this ROM, the consensus is that the ROM later than the 7-22 release is not working on the VZW phones.
interesting.. thanks!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
VZW phones are VERY picky when it comes to this ROM, the consensus is that the ROM later than the 7-22 release is not working on the VZW phones.

You wouldn't happen to have the rapidshare link for the RD dial 7/22 would you?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
what version are you using? 7-29? I'm downloading now
I think the 7-28 version has the option to move the start menu icons, I tried flashing that rom and my phone never got past the touch pro screen, it would keep restarting.

the new 7-29 version doesn't have it available. couple pages back NRGZ28 says that it's not available then someone else mentions that microsoft probably took it out with the new sys
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

For people with battery problems try this. It's a repost of mine from last month. I do this everytime I flash now and my battery life is MUCH improved. It has worked for a lot of other people too:

I've been working on the two most annoying problems for me. Battery drain and the problem where at the end of a call sometimes the screen would stay black and the phone would freeze. I was over on XDA going through the InCall Screen Tweak thread. For those that may not know, this app is cooked in and controls power and screen function during a call. Reading through the thread, some users were commenting on extreme battery drain with this app. Same rate as most of us. They also were having issues with the end of call lock ups. Here is what I came across and it seemed to have fixed both my problems. Although I have only tested for about 4 hours.

I was seeing at least 10% battery drain an hour before this reg edit. After, I am down to what I remember as a normal 1-2%. I tried the reg edit 3 times back and forth to verify. Also I placed about 25 calls and had no end of call lock ups

Here is a link to page 71 of the thread where one user had done extensive testing on battery drain while using this app and this reg edit. Previous pages (69) also contain good battery drain discussions. Overall the thread is great and the developer looks to be very responsive.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...488991&page=71

And here is the reg edit:

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0

Make sure to soft reset

Last edited by Comstar; 07-29-2009 at 11:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Some body knows about this?

Problem SSMaHo autostart failed...

Because I tried again with 7/29, Pimp and he's recomended skin.
Flashed three times!!!
I really don't know wath happen it was the same with 6/28.

This advice only happen after install Pimp an skin
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76553

Used TP.

Last edited by jdm627; 07-29-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuuuts View Post
I think the 7-28 version has the option to move the start menu icons, I tried flashing that rom and my phone never got past the touch pro screen, it would keep restarting.

the new 7-29 version doesn't have it available. couple pages back NRGZ28 says that it's not available then someone else mentions that microsoft probably took it out with the new sys

it was a nice prop, but I have been using reStart it does basically the same thing. It lets you move the menu icons into whatever order you want, it also lets you put icons into whatever folder you want or make new folders
Attached Files
File Type: cab reSTART.cab (472.1 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiquin View Post
yup, coming from NFSFANs ROM I'm finding Energy ROM to do just that, use a LOT of energy! haha.

in NFSFANs I had my hotmail checking as items arrive, so data would be on all the time, and I'd still be able to use the phone all day and into the night and have battery left before I went to bed, but with this one, it seems to be draining the battery so fast with the same set up.

This is a really slick rom though.. for me this and NFSFANs are the top 2 ROM in my opinion. But battery life is a huge deal!/
::sigh::....atleast i know now it's not a bad flash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Welcome back to the NRGZ ROM... The battery issue has been beat down.. You might even receive some flames for it. The battery life sucks on the TP. If you want better battery life, you can by a larger batter, find some tweaks that may give you a few more mins of time.. or just keep a charger handy!
i don't know why i'd be flamed for making an observation....and chalking it up to "the TP battery sucks" doesn't really cut it either. i have gone multiple days of normal use w/o charging on other ROMs. the TP battery is just fine when WM is tweaked right..... it's a shame that this ROM drains so fast...i love it and i'm going to attempt to deal with it for a few days......i'm off to research those settings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
As stated the TP battery life just sucks in general, which makes me wonder how the Sony PSP does it. But anyway the battery gauge isn't that accurate either. It takes a few charges before it become accurate. So even thought you were at say 30% you may have actually had more battery than you think. Also I switch to the Verizon radio and on the 7/27 ROM it was unbelievable after 12 hours I was at 50%, on the 7/28 and 29 it doesn't seem to be as good. I may actually go back to that build and retest.
hmmm...i know what you're saying with the accuracy.....it is the nuePowerDriver and it is inaccurate, but only towards the top....100-90%. the low end is accurate. maybe, i'll give the 7/27 build a try...
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
::sigh::....atleast i know now it's not a bad flash....

i don't know why i'd be flamed for making an observation....and chalking it up to "the TP battery sucks" doesn't really cut it either. i have gone multiple days of normal use w/o charging on other ROMs. the TP battery is just fine when WM is tweaked right..... it's a shame that this ROM drains so fast...i love it and i'm going to attempt to deal with it for a few days......i'm off to research those settings...

hmmm...i know what you're saying with the accuracy.....it is the nuePowerDriver and it is inaccurate, but only towards the top....100-90%. the low end is accurate. maybe, i'll give the 7/27 build a try...

Have you tried my fix 3 posts above yours?
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

I'm going to go try out the new "Groan" button on a few of the more "unsavory" comments further back in this thread .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro