PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dman9821 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

just wondering, is anyone else experiancing the keyboard opening up when in portrait mode whenever something is loading?

Roms I've Used:
-Mighty Rom (4 and 5)
-Psyki
-SsS
-Demolition
-Viva La Revolution

Currently Running:
Energy Rom 'Photon'

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiquin View Post
anyone else getting crazy hardware keyboard lag on the last few builds of this rom?

I'll be typing away (text, email, doesn't matter), and all of a sudden the screen stops updating what I've been typing for about 5-7 seconds(usually have a space in between words), and then inputs like 8 spaces and then the last 2 or 3 letters I had typed, skipping everything in between.

T9 is not on, it's on ABC mode. there's no word completion showing up what so ever either.

Yep, your keyboard is starting to fail, just sent mine back in for that. It starts off like that every so often, then increases more, finally it just stops working all together.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
(PPC Flaked on me while posting, hopefully not a double here...)

Regarding the new clock style:

For those who want the previous clock back without having to change anything else in the new build and without changing the current Home tab formatting should try installing this White Clock that I found attached to another thread.

So far I can't find any problems, and it appears to perfectly restore the previous style clock. I have only had it installed for a few minutes, so I can't say for sure there are no side effects with installing it on 7/29, but it seems that way.

Thank you so much bro!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
whats the pimp package?

a lot of people talk about it
It is the Pimp but with 7/29 I experienced some problems with the 7/28 too but resolved.
It looks very nice but in my opinion need some fixes for the new one's.
I used with TP and I got a message like this: Problem SSMaHo Auto Start Failed.
I had to flash again de 7/29
If you will get and have some experience please let me know.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76553
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i made the jump to Energy 7/28 from MR6 and i have to say, this ROM is the sickest, most complete custom ROM that i have flashed when it comes to performance and aesthetics. i installed the pimp pack also and it enhances/compliments the stock theme well.

but, i have found that battery life is horrible.....my phone can barely lasted the day with minimal use. i took it off the charger at 9:30am....10 mins browsing, 1 hour bluetooth stereo music, NO calls, and 3 txts put my battery below 30% by 4pm....if i had actually used the phone, it surely would have died. i tried searching the thread for others input on battery life, but ppcgeeks is acting funny right now. i'm thinking maybe i have a bad flash(and yes i hard reset after flashing)...so i might reflash tonight in the hopes that it 'fixes itself'. is anyone else experiencing poor battery life on this ROM?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Telus
Carrier: Telus

Hiquin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerp View Post
i made the jump to Energy 7/28 from MR6 and i have to say, this ROM is the sickest, most complete custom ROM that i have flashed when it comes to performance and aesthetics. i installed the pimp pack also and it enhances/compliments the stock theme well.

but, i have found that battery life is horrible.....my phone can barely lasted the day with minimal use. i took it off the charger at 9:30am....10 mins browsing, 1 hour bluetooth stereo music, NO calls, and 3 txts put my battery below 30% by 4pm....if i had actually used the phone, it surely would have died. i tried searching the thread for others input on battery life, but ppcgeeks is acting funny right now. i'm thinking maybe i have a bad flash(and yes i hard reset after flashing)...so i might reflash tonight in the hopes that it 'fixes itself'. is anyone else experiencing poor battery life on this ROM?
yup, coming from NFSFANs ROM I'm finding Energy ROM to do just that, use a LOT of energy! haha.

in NFSFANs I had my hotmail checking as items arrive, so data would be on all the time, and I'd still be able to use the phone all day and into the night and have battery left before I went to bed, but with this one, it seems to be draining the battery so fast with the same set up.

This is a really slick rom though.. for me this and NFSFANs are the top 2 ROM in my opinion. But battery life is a huge deal!/
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:

Welcome back to the NRGZ ROM... The battery issue has been beat down.. You might even receive some flames for it. The battery life sucks on the TP. If you want better battery life, you can by a larger batter, find some tweaks that may give you a few more mins of time.. or just keep a charger handy!
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

NRG,
Just want to say thanks, I appreciate all the updates!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allamerican2302 View Post
Is there anyway i can install the pimp package and keep the new clock?
You only have to istall again the cab of this clock after Pimp I tried find for you but it was imposible to gave you the cab site but today some body attached in this post.
I hope you'll have a good experience I installed and some problems I had and have to flash again 7/29.

TP
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

As stated the TP battery life just sucks in general, which makes me wonder how the Sony PSP does it. But anyway the battery gauge isn't that accurate either. It takes a few charges before it become accurate. So even thought you were at say 30% you may have actually had more battery than you think. Also I switch to the Verizon radio and on the 7/27 ROM it was unbelievable after 12 hours I was at 50%, on the 7/28 and 29 it doesn't seem to be as good. I may actually go back to that build and retest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro