PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint - HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

tansup3rman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to tansup3rman Send a message via Yahoo to tansup3rman Send a message via Skype™ to tansup3rman
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

okay here's my issue....when I have installed the rom, everything works fine...I am still getting MMS to work, since I have cricket service but I can set that up....the new thing that I've noticed since I've flashed is that my battery icon just stays at 100% even though I have a little bit of charge left....can anyone tell me whats the issue with that?
Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G 3D
Carrier: sprint

sec1rxg is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

anybody know why Vibrate on Connect only works with the Regular HTC Dialer and not with Tachi Dialer??? Adjusting settings and Reg Values do not help. Currently using Aurora 8/01 ROM
Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec1rxg@yahoo.com View Post
anybody know why Vibrate on Connect only works with the Regular HTC Dialer and not with Tachi Dialer??? Adjusting settings and Reg Values do not help. Currently using Aurora 8/01 ROM

I am running Tachi, vibrates works fine

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

reissy is a n00b

Does anyone know the fix for the connection failed error for the youtube app? Sprint
Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reissy View Post
Does anyone know the fix for the connection failed error for the youtube app? Sprint
For 'connection failed' try deleting the YouTube folder within \WINDOWS\ and maybe a soft reset for good measure. You should good be good to go. (The other, previously common YouTube issue required regedits that are now cooked into the ROM and should not need fixing)
Old 08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by reissy View Post
youtube working fine for me. i get that error if I try to connect while connected via usb. I have Allow Data Connections checked in Active sync but it still wont let me. I just disconnect.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
For people with battery problems try this. It's a repost of mine from last month. I do this everytime I flash now and my battery life is MUCH improved. It has worked for a lot of other people too:

I've been working on the two most annoying problems for me. Battery drain and the problem where at the end of a call sometimes the screen would stay black and the phone would freeze. I was over on XDA going through the InCall Screen Tweak thread. For those that may not know, this app is cooked in and controls power and screen function during a call. Reading through the thread, some users were commenting on extreme battery drain with this app. Same rate as most of us. They also were having issues with the end of call lock ups. Here is what I came across and it seemed to have fixed both my problems. Although I have only tested for about 4 hours.

I was seeing at least 10% battery drain an hour before this reg edit. After, I am down to what I remember as a normal 1-2%. I tried the reg edit 3 times back and forth to verify. Also I placed about 25 calls and had no end of call lock ups

Here is a link to page 71 of the thread where one user had done extensive testing on battery drain while using this app and this reg edit. Previous pages (69) also contain good battery drain discussions. Overall the thread is great and the developer looks to be very responsive.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...488991&page=71

And here is the reg edit:

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0

Make sure to soft reset
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Do you mean:
HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing change to 0 ?
If so, then no on mine, was set to 1 on my Standard version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
According to some, this somehow increases battery life. From what I'm learning one reg edit may/may not have an effect. This is in ThreeFaces Starting Guide. I believe I read that NRG has had it in the ROM before and may do it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
I respect your opinion but editing this function in any way is for long battery life.
I looked into this and Here is a cab I made for the "FaceDownMuteRing" reg edit plus setting minimal default settings for the InCall ScreenTweak prog together in one cab for maximum battery saving affect, but may not be noticable to some users:

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-13-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: clarification
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Please -- and you're the chef, so tweak it any way you see fit and cook it in. I will be thrilled just to have contributed some ideas to the release version of your ROMs. (Actually, you made my day asking that, and I would do a Wayne's World 'not worthy' bit if it wouldn't let slip what an aging geek I am...DOH! Too late right?)

Also, I just updated the files again after discovering that I could add a value to the Banner tag and change 'Launch Browser' to 'Launch Opera' so the zip file with the Big Opera Icon versions in them has been updated to look like this:

Well, I don't really have any inside scoop on Manila, wish I did. Mostly I just enjoy poking around this stuff, knowing I can always re-flash if it goes bad. There are a few interesting threads on Manila editing like this one here, although it's somewhat outdated for the recent ports and updates of Manila. A lot of it still applies though (don't stop at the first post), and it might give you some ideas.
LOL.. Wayne's World...That show definitely had its moments.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
Try setting
HKLM->Software->OEM->PhoneSetting
HiddenDeleteVM = 0
Then *reboot* and go to
Start->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->Voicemail
[Get Settings...]
There should be a button to clear the voicemail icon
Quote:
Hi
It's not only the automatic prepend are others deleted in dial phone.
I exposed this from the begining three times because the problem started with 7/28 and 7/29.
But the experts are quiet about it and I exposed in this way about people from the rest of the word.
So in the midle time you can use 7/27 and wait for the cooker.
Good Look.
Quote:
In 7/29 and Aurora still on 1
Quote:
This edit not existed in Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
Here is my small help for this ROM:

Attached reg file with Right Phone setting... (roam... data roam.. and ect....)

I looked over all those settings and more, and made a cab that adds most all advanced "phone settings" features without adding other settings like looking for older phoneSetting Dlls in rom.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Maxx134RoamingInstallPlusMore.cab (5.8 KB, 218 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-13-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: clarification, and also works on newest roms
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I looked over those settings and made a cab that adds features without adding other settings like looking for older phoneSetting Dlls in rom.
Maxx134 strikes again!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro