PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
btw...the default background makes it impossible to see the white numbers on the calender...
What background does yours have? When I flashed it had none...just white. I miss the prior light green plant one!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ralph 800
Carrier: Telus

junkmale53 is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscodude View Post
I was experiencing the same thing. I literally flashed a new rom every day last week. I ran this fix on Friday and it's been rock solid ever since.

Thank you again Joeozuna for answering my question.
Whoa! Thanks for this!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiton View Post
What background does yours have? When I flashed it had none...just white. I miss the prior light green plant one!
the white background also...I just found a greyish background and used that...much easier to read the numbers...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sleepyunguent is a n00b

I have some questions that I haven't been able to locate answers and I hope some of you can give me pointers or answers.

1. If I try the Youtube app, I get an error message that says: "There is not enough free storage space to run YouTube . Minimum free storage space required: 8MB". I get this on freshly flashed Energy ROM (that reports 220MB free storage) but I have no problem at all on stock Sprint ROM. I've tried the following but still get the same error: both 23566.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.May.02 version and the previous 21xxx version, flashing to stock Sprint then Energy, Task29 then Energy, NRG Youtube Hotfix.cab and the manual registry setting change fix (I don't think these fixes are for this but I tried anyways)

2. Original stock Sprint ROM will auto stream the selected Youtube video with the Streaming Media player if I browsed with Opera. Opera that comes with Energy ROM will play it directly instead (and doing it quite poorly) How can I change the program association to the Streaming Media player or other media players instead?

3. It appears that one can't do special phone commands (such as ##778# for EPST) in Energy ROM? Is there a way around this without reverting back to stock ROM?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

asuh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
I can't seem to get rid of this problem, even after following the advice in the subsequent posts starting here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=25516

Anyone have any luck?
I can't believe more people aren't reporting the same issue! 3 new ROMs in a row doing the same thing. I can fix it by flashing to new dialer that seems to cause bluetooth notification problem, asking me constantly if I want to just turn off my bluetooth. So weird.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

TL85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscodude View Post
I was experiencing the same thing. I literally flashed a new rom every day last week. I ran this fix on Friday and it's been rock solid ever since.

Thank you again Joeozuna for answering my question.
same here .. ran the task 29 and now my phone is not freezing up .. works almost perfectly now .. but we'll see . didnt want to speak too soon ..

sure is a battery hogger tho or my battery just gone bad .. but got me an extra battery coming in soon so hopefully it wont be too bad .

also wondering whats new in the may 9th one .. and whats the difference between nrgz roms posted on xda and on here .. on here is the HERMAN and on xda its the RAPHAEL .. just wondering since there was a difference in file size

Last edited by TL85; 05-10-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyunguent View Post

1. If I try the Youtube app, I get an error message that says: "There is not enough free storage space to run YouTube . Minimum free storage space required: 8MB". I get this on freshly flashed Energy ROM (that reports 220MB free storage) but I have no problem at all on stock Sprint ROM. I've tried the following but still get the same error: both 23566.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.May.02 version and the previous 21xxx version, flashing to stock Sprint then Energy, Task29 then Energy, NRG Youtube Hotfix.cab and the manual registry setting change fix (I don't think these fixes are for this but I tried anyways)
For some reason, NRG doesn't care to fix or remove this. It's been broken for upwards of 7 releases now, and he knows it's broken, but nothing is being done. You will have to use Google's crappy YouTube app instead.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I gave up on these roms theirs just problems w it like crazy... VGA is crappy, battery, youtube doesnt work get random freezes all the time screen turns white when im on a call. Its so whenever i use his rom i go back to the feb 2.1 which that to me is the best one..... Pretty bad when instead ove makeing progress he goes backwards, as more and more roms come out the more problems are found and it keeps going. I give the dude props for what hes doing, but i dont think its too hot ove a rom to go over crazy for when somany problems arise.. Have fun yall holla ltr

PEACE

Last edited by LuckyLui; 05-10-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL85 View Post
same here .. ran the task 29 and now my phone is not freezing up .. works almost perfectly now .. but we'll see . didnt want to speak too soon ..

sure is a battery hogger tho or my battery just gone bad .. but got me an extra battery coming in soon so hopefully it wont be too bad .

also wondering whats new in the may 9th one .. and whats the difference between nrgz roms posted on xda and on here .. on here is the HERMAN and on xda its the RAPHAEL .. just wondering since there was a difference in file size
HERMAN is the CDMA version and RAPHAEL is the GSM version.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
Just came back from Sprint repair center where they replaced my keyboard. At first I thought it was the ROM's that were causing all my keyboard issues.

Also my screen would show the white screen of death every once in awhile. The phone would shut completely off if not used for awhile (mostly during the night). I downloaded task29 from the Tank ROM thread (reply #10). I guess if you flash too much it eventually messes up the device.

Phone is like brand new now.
i tried the new task29 process of flashing the may 9th 23xxx and it went ok, but the screen still jumps around. so i am sure it is a hardware issue like you said. i don't carry insurance on it, so taking it in for repairs is not going to happen. i figured out if i keep the KB slid out it will stay in landscape, so it is still usable...just a big PITA. i was so excited to get the TP when it was first released. it has been a great phone other than the hardware issues/failures.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro