PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800
Carrier: Sprint

VibrantRedGT is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
wow this phone is a giant POS. the KB has been going out on me for about 7 months and now the screen too? i keep waiting on the evo but if this keeps up i might not be able to.
Just came back from Sprint repair center where they replaced my keyboard. At first I thought it was the ROM's that were causing all my keyboard issues.

Also my screen would show the white screen of death every once in awhile. The phone would shut completely off if not used for awhile (mostly during the night). I downloaded task29 from the Tank ROM thread (reply #10). I guess if you flash too much it eventually messes up the device.

Phone is like brand new now.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ralph 800
Carrier: Telus

junkmale53 is a n00b
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Random lock-ups and one HTC down!

I've got two Telus HTC Touch Pro and recently put on the Energy.HERMAN.23566.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.April. 27 ROM! FANTASTIC ROM! The phone has been locking up A LOT though, and often after a soft-rest it says "Preparing phone for first use"... and i have to set it up again! I put the May.02 version of that rom on too and it's the same.

The second HTC has gone into a state where it won't boot now. I'm looking into flashing EnergyROM_21885_HERMAN_24.Dec.2009_Standard back on it as i never had any problems. Think i can flash from the SD card, not sure yet.

Anyone else experiencing random lock ups and reloads?

PS I also just got two new batteries from DealExtreme for the phones too... maybe i should test their voltage. Anyone bought batteries from DE?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Herman)
Carrier: Boost

xiton is just getting started

I have a feeling May 9th Herman won't be here today.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Energy.HERMAN.21903.Sense2.5.Cookie.May.09.7z is up can't wait for the May 9 GTX Themed ROM!!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skstephenson1 View Post
Hey all first of all great ROM I am a newb that just got into all of this stuff this past weekend, I currently have the newest cookie hometab with 2.5 and I noticed something strange today while texting and I could not find where anyone has brought it up.

The : and ; keys are switched with the two / and \ when i use the FN key using my slide out keyboard of course. Anyone else having this problem, i tried searching through this forum but with so many pages I couldnt find anything. Its only those four FN keys at least that i know of.

thanks for any help, keep up the great work guys!
Have seen this issue before on US Cellular, you are wanting to find the Sprint Keyboard Fix CAB. Can't seem to find the CAB on my SD card right now :-/

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

New Rom´s now May 9

Last edited by jdm627; 05-09-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ive had the issue with the last 2 roms too. For some reason, the phone will lock up and then, hard reset on its own... Im downloading the newest. Just did the flash dance and then my rom (since I already have a mini one to get my boot screen in) and am waiting for the end of the download to flash... WISH ME LUCK!!! THANKS NRG
Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

EricBergan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
New Rom´s now May 9
They are all about 10 MB smaller - was something removed?

eric
Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

biscodude is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ive had the issue with the last 2 roms too. For some reason, the phone will lock up and then, hard reset on its own... Im downloading the newest. Just did the flash dance and then my rom (since I already have a mini one to get my boot screen in) and am waiting for the end of the download to flash... WISH ME LUCK!!! THANKS NRG
Quote:
Anyone else experiencing random lock ups and reloads?

I was experiencing the same thing. I literally flashed a new rom every day last week. I ran this fix on Friday and it's been rock solid ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEOZUNA4U View Post
you guys need to try this and all your problems will go away... mine did!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670358
Thank you again Joeozuna for answering my question.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

is there any way to enable vga mode on the latest GTX cookie rom? In past versions I could enable vga mode and it would fix the quicklink boxes that's not aligned correctly..

btw...the default background makes it impossible to see the white numbers on the calender...

Last edited by phistyle; 05-10-2010 at 12:35 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro