PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:54 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
How do I get Rev-A in this ROM? my connection still says Ev and I believe it gets better battery life with Ra

Also, what is the best way to get MMS working? I have an Alltel TP on VZW now...
I believe the Ra icon is just that an icon. Some chefs cook the taskbar so that it just shows Ev rather than Ra as well, since they are essentially the same but with different speeds of up & download. Hence Ra is just the newest form of Ev. Many users ask taskbar makers to remove Ra icons and set them up to read Ev. So the battery is actually less used since the OS is not having to change an Ev icon to an Ra icon and back as coverage changes. I could be wrong but my experiance with taskbars and Ra/Ev has always indicated this to be the case.

For MMS, Run the arcsoft/pic mail removal cab, soft reset, run the dcd carrier cab for alltel (your phone is an alltel tp), soft reset, then run arcsoft from 103008. You can search my user name and mms and find a post in this thread (just a few days back) where I posted the exact cabs I use and the instructions for another user. MMS works like a charm if you follow the MMS dance steps, and don't skip soft resets. I have an Alltel TP on Verizon as well and have NO MMS issues. Try it and lemme know how it works!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
I forgot where, but somewhere here at PPCGeeks, there is a .cab for the rA icon for 6.5 task bar. Im running it now, only issue is it changed my Evdo icon too. Before I ran it, I had rA, since I ran it, haven't seen rA since. Still researching that.

Also, I followed the instructions by ThreeFaces and ran the "uninstall pic" cab and then ran the "JD 5.2 Arcsoft" cab. I can now receive pic messaging, and can "send" them, but they never get to the ppl I send them too. It's weird. So I'm still researching that. I'm also on an Alltel TP now on VZW.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
Once again...

Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab
Soft Reset
dcd Alltel Carrier 20081031.cab
Soft Reset
Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab

Send and receive MMS...

Make sure to use the carrier cab from 10/31/2008 to avoid problems.

All cabs can be found in this thread.

As far as the rA icon goes find a taskbar that supports it. The file I use is called Custom Taskbar & Battery Icons.cab. Again, it can be found in this thread.

You still have an Alltel TP, just because you are on the Verizon network doesn't mean you have to use Verizon settings.

I see Whotahn is a faster typer than I am.

Last edited by mthieman; 10-27-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I believe the Ra icon is just that an icon. Some chefs cook the taskbar so that it just shows Ev rather than Ra as well, since they are essentially the same but with different speeds of up & download. Hence Ra is just the newest form of Ev. Many users ask taskbar makers to remove Ra icons and set them up to read Ev. So the battery is actually less used since the OS is not having to change an Ev icon to an Ra icon and back as coverage changes. I could be wrong but my experiance with taskbars and Ra/Ev has always indicated this to be the case.

For MMS, Run the arcsoft/pic mail removal cab, soft reset, run the dcd carrier cab for alltel (your phone is an alltel tp), soft reset, then run arcsoft from 103008. You can search my user name and mms and find a post in this thread (just a few days back) where I posted the exact cabs I use and the instructions for another user. MMS works like a charm if you follow the MMS dance steps, and don't skip soft resets. I have an Alltel TP on Verizon as well and have NO MMS issues. Try it and lemme know how it works!
Thanks, FYI there is a newer dcd carrier cab than the one you posted 20090831...if youd like it I will msg you the link. Not sure if I can post it here.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
N00b
Carrier: Alltel

mthieman is keeping up the good workmthieman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsUF View Post
Thanks, FYI there is a newer dcd carrier cab than the one you posted 20090831...if youd like it I will msg you the link. Not sure if I can post it here.
The carrier cab from 20090831 is why you are having problems with MMS. That is why Whotahn and I have informed you to use the one from 20081031.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel or Verizon now...

GatorsUF is just getting started

ahh ok, i'm followin now...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

himan is just getting started

Great new rom, I'm LOVING the new soft buttons.

a few issues:
1) the "start" button on the top left of the screen appears/disappears... it appears only when I press the home button but disappears after a few seconds.
2) when exiting from the SMS window the phone freezes

@NRG: please include the original default text window instead of this new silver/gray one.. which is uncomfortable to use.

Thanks for the great release!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaPenguin is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by himan View Post
Great new rom, I'm LOVING the new soft buttons.

a few issues:
1) the "start" button on the top left of the screen appears/disappears... it appears only when I press the home button but disappears after a few seconds.
2) when exiting from the SMS window the phone freezes

@NRG: please include the original default text window instead of this new silver/gray one.. which is uncomfortable to use.

Thanks for the great release!
What build? I was using the 23071 and was having issues with SMS hard locking the phone. With 23081 it seems to be a lot better.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Bell

macaroo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
fix is posted a few pages back
got a link or anything?? I can't the find the ring volume fix anywhere other than the ambient noise cab.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is it me or did NRG remove his Twitter link in the first post?

Edit: Went to his Twitter page manually and probably found out why. He mentions the dreaded 2.5 for TP2. Probably doesn't want people asking him about it for VGA.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jacker

so no one has had the dreaded problem of losing any and all gps function on their tp?

If they have , I 'd love to hear it . I've been TS this since last night. I'm losing hope.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro